1972 Argosy 20
Middletown , New Jersey
Anyone else going to Muzikfest?

Calling all Flamingoheads!

Antsy McClain and the Trailer Park Troubadours
Musikfest, Bethlehem, PA
Sat. Aug. 2: Leederplatz Stage, 9:00 - 10:45 PM
Sun. Aug. 3: Americaplatz Stage, 7:30 - 9:00 PM

Liz and I will be staying at the Jonestown PA KOA arriving Thursday 31 July and departing Monday 4 August. We'd love to meet other forum members who happen to be in the area.

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TAC - NJ-007

bobfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:07 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 26
Norristown , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfowler View Post
Calling all Flamingoheads!

Antsy McClain and the Trailer Park Troubadours
Musikfest, Bethlehem, PA
Sat. Aug. 2: Leederplatz Stage, 9:00 - 10:45 PM
Sun. Aug. 3: Americaplatz Stage, 7:30 - 9:00 PM

Liz and I will be staying at the Jonestown PA KOA arriving Thursday 31 July and departing Monday 4 August. We'd love to meet other forum members who happen to be in the area.
Hi Bob; Unless our plans are changed by an emergency, we are planning to attend the Musikfest. Since we live only one hour away and AS parking can be difficult to find in the immediate area we will use my wife's Kay Riviera to get there. We would love to meet you there, so I will send you PM with my cell number so that we can find each other. Thanks, "Boatdoc"

Ps, Past weekend there were three AS's in Pa. Promised Land State Park. Couple from Allentown Pa with a International, Family from Pa. with 1976 Argosy 26. and young couple from Virginia Returning from State of Maine vacation. None Forum members. Thanks.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:06 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Hey Bob

I wish I had been near a computer. I was at the Grillbillie River Float Bluegrass Jam at Buttonwood Campground in Mexico ( Pennsylvania ). I really want to check out your 20' . I'll be right up the road in Wind Gap at Then Appalachian Fiddle and Bluegrass Festival starting on August 7th.
Can we take a vote on having two weekends a week ?
Old 08-06-2008, 03:42 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1972 Argosy 20
Middletown , New Jersey
Been back for a couple of days...

Well, if you're a Flamingohead and didn't go... you blew it!

First of all, Liz and I met up with Roman "boatdoc" and his lovely wife Kay at the Antsy concert on Saturday night. We had a little time to chat, not as much as I'd hoped, but that will be resolved soon enough. Turns out that they live very near to one of our favorite haunts, and with any luck, our Argosy's will be parked near each other on a campground one of these days (sooner rather than later).

Saturday night's show was "OK", not because of the band, but as often happens at festivals - the sound guy screwed up.

Sunday, on the other hand, was ROCKIN'! Different stage (bigger, better sound, MUCH better sound guy), HUGE crowd, and very much a party atmosphere. The Troubs played for about 2 hours straight and took NO prisioners! I still don't have all of my voice back...

After Sunday's show, Antsy autographed Liz's Hallmark Airstream ornament - it made her day!

Concert pictures are posted here.

Pictures of our campsite at the Jonestown KOA are posted here. And yes, we really DO hoist a pirate flag and deploy pink flamingos...

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TAC - NJ-007

bobfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:13 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Mohrsville , Pennsylvania
Missed It

We were planning on going, because it is only about half an hour east on I-78, but we got a last minute opportunity to go camping so we went camping instead.

Choices...Choices...Choices
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
DEITZ645 is offline   Reply With Quote