Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-18-2008, 07:40 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Ottawa , Ontario
Anyone brought their A/S to Magdalen Islands?

Hello all,

I'm curious if anyone out there has brought their Airstream to the Magdalen Islands (Iles de la Madeleine) in the Gulf of St. Lawrence.

I've always wanted to go, but was uncertain if it was worth it to bring the A/S on the ferry (I think it's a 5 hour ferry?).

Magdalen Islands for vacation and tourism in the Gulf of the St-Lawrence in Quebec, Canada

Cheers
Old 08-21-2008, 06:58 PM   #2
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Aren't there islands off Newfoundland that are part of France? I see the islands you ask about are accessed via PEI with a five hour ferry. I'm confused. It takes 5 or 6 hours to go from NS to Newfoundland and a trip to that province is well worth it. Haven't taken the Safari there (yet).

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:08 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
The islands off Newfoundland that belong to France are St Pierre et Miquelon. The Iles de la Madelein are part of Quebec and are accessed by ferry from PEI. I've wanted to go for a number of years and it was on my list of things to do this summer but unfortunately many things were on my list - far more than I had a chance of doing - and I ended up in the Pacific Northwest instead. Although I've never taken my Airstream to Newfoundland I did take my Casita and spent a month. Have been there 3 times already and it is worth the trip. PEI is one of my favorite places and have been there a dozen times. Love driving across the Confederation Bridge!
Al - K4GLU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:18 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
Forgot to mention that when I was in Newfoundland with my Casita I ran into a caravan. 2nd day I was there I came around a corner on the Trans Canada near the Stephenville exit and there was a line of Airstreams in front of me. I passed several and then dropped in line and rode along for several miles with my little fiberglass Airstream lookalike. A few days later I ran into a couple of people from the caravan at a RV park near St Johns but don't remember who they were. That was about the time I started seriously thinking about getting a Airstream myself.
Al - K4GLU is offline   Reply With Quote