Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2019, 02:27 PM   #41
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2009 19' International
Aptos , California
I've stayed at the Crown Villas RV Resort in Bend, Oregon a couple of times. I think they're really after the Class A motor home crowd, but our 2012 EB passed muster. Well spaced perfectly level concrete pads--mostly back in, I think--trash cans at each space, mature trees, well kept lawns, a pool, hot tub, meeting room, I think there's a kitchen for group events. The shower facilities are as nice as at some spas. There is a wine tasting social hour most nights. It's the kind of place where folks with Class As have a mobile detailing service come in to clean their rigs so they don't drag down the neighborhood. But really nice despite all that. It's pricey, of course.

Oh heck, you asked about Maine. Sorry to be off topic..
brad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 06:08 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomotomoto View Post
thanks everyone for your replies. Just starting to sit down and do some planning now. Late fall trip, so hopefully we won't have an issue getting reservations.
. . .
Thanks for the update. Are you prepared to winterize your trailer on the road, with a capable 12-volt compressor? [or the 120-volt shore power variety] [*]

Looks like the Boothbay Craft Brewery is popular!

In order of most recent to older posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailsgirl123 View Post
In August 2018 we stayed 2 nights at the Boothbay Craft Brewery Campground near Boothbay Harbor, ME, and it was great. Just 4 full service sites, clean and quiet, and very friendly hosts. We had a delicious lunch at the brewery's on site restaurant and sampled several of their craft beers -- delicious!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Thanks for your hunch . . . have a great stay there.

Nice AS in the first photo: https://www.boothbaycraftbrewery.com/rv

Peter
Quote:
Originally Posted by summitview View Post
Sounds like he was describing Boothbay Craft Brewery in Boothbay. We haven’t stayed there before but we booked 3 nights there in August. They have only 4 full service sites and reviews in Campendium are very positive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSxyWhtGuy View Post
We stayed at a brewery that was nice. Only 4 full service sites. Reasonable price, nice plants between sites for privacy. If you’re interested then I can take the time to figure out the name
My mouth is watering . . . have a great trip!

Peter

[*] -- PS -- Re: winterizing comment above . . . here is the expected weather for Ellsworth, Maine, just inland of Acadia NP:

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/el...onyr=11/1/2019

At the bottom is a line graph showing the average low temperature going below 32F in the middle of November. Actual overnight lows could of course be much lower. At the top of that page you can go to October and December easily.
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 08:41 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Washington , Missouri
[*] -- PS -- Re: winterizing comment above . . . here is the expected weather for Ellsworth, Maine, just inland of Acadia NP:

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/el...onyr=11/1/2019

At the bottom is a line graph showing the average low temperature going below 32F in the middle of November. Actual overnight lows could of course be much lower. At the top of that page you can go to October and December easily.[/QUOTE]

So what was that guote...Oddball:
"Always with those negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves"

That's why we'll be SB by November.
CruizinDux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 04:12 AM   #44
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruizinDux View Post
. . .
That's why we'll be SB by November.
Good move, Bob . . . see "Southbound" on the OTRA I music channel.

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote