Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-09-2015, 07:44 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1996 34' Excella
Elberta , Alabama
Seems to me that sort of twisted logic is getting to be the norm these days.

We just returned from a short "shakedown" trip today, met a young couple who bought a used SOB, (an Earthbound trailer), they were pulling it with a small Chevy SUV, which was marginal at best for a tow vehicle.

He hadn't a clue of how to begin to back the rig into their campsite. A friend of mine backed it in for him....this is a case of a dealer only being interested in selling the trailer.....sad, sad, sad.

Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
Most people use the term RV to mean Class A motorhome not realizing that The term RV encompasses Class A, B, and C motorhomes, fifth wheels, travel trailers, hybrid (cross between travel trailer and pop-up), and pop-up trailers.
RV means Recreational Vehicle. Recreational vehicles are not limited to just motorhomes. Motorhomes is just one category of RV.
That's like saying car isn't a car unless it is a large luxury car. Other categories are not cars if they are in other categories- sports, convertible, mid-size, economy, compact, sub-compact, station wagons, crossovers, and SUV's are not cars because they are not large luxury cars-
What kind of twisted logic is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Larry C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 08:35 PM   #22
Airstream newcomer

1969 31' Sovereign
Spokane , Washington
I agree with an earlier comment that at least the park owners I've encountered use the age-of-the-trailer "rule" to keep run down, decrepit rigs and their occupants out of the park. Most of those places though also charge a fairly hefty amount so they rarely have to invoke the "rule" anyway. I've learned this from personal experience because up until my very recent acquisition of a 1969 31' Airstream, my only 'campable' trailer is a 16' 1948 La Cosse Vacationer. Even early on when it was still in pretty rough shape (but always clean) I never had a problem. Camp owners are just like anyone else, I think, and run the gamut from very nice to well, the opposite :-)
traileritus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:37 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Oakville , Ontario
Slotting my 16' Bambi between 2 45' Class A's isn't really "getting away from it all" for me anyways.

I hadn't heard about the Newell, something to bug the Provost owners about.
timhortons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 04:22 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Huntsville , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by timhortons View Post
Slotting my 16' Bambi between 2 45' Class A's isn't really "getting away from it all" for me anyways.
Think of it as a change of scenery! Or climate if, you go far enough.
JustSomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:33 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Last time I camped amid a bunch of huge motor homes it was fascinating to hear the comments on the line of 'we used to have a tent trailer, moved up to this, and are seriously considering going to an Airstream'.

Followed by "do they still make them?" And some surprise when they are told ours is a 2007, and "Yes, they still make them, and they are back ordered!"

Haven't talked to a stuck up one yet, because I suspect the stick up ones just park, hook up, and stay inside. Sad.

We've gotten similar reactions in parking lots, "Wow, I love your coach!" Being the most restrained comment.

The Airstream is sure recognizable..

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:49 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Huntsville , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post
The Airstream is sure recognizable..
Yes, it's hard to go incognito when you have an Airstream! Nice to know we always get a warm welcome with an Airstream. Last year I only went to a few campgrounds, and really didn't get too many comments, just one lady who said she liked it. Maybe this year I'll hear some more.
JustSomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:44 PM   #27
1 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Irrigon , Oregon
Cool Age requirements

It has been my observation, that most of the parks I have encountered that have age restrictions, are places that I would prefer not to stay. Imhbco ( in my humble butt cracked opinion) these age limits are there to keep the riff raff out. By riff raff I mean folks that you would rather not share an rv park with. Being that I am Alluminati I am above these large diesel pushers who in there right mind would spend that kind of money on a hippie bus if. thy refuse you then it is in your best interest to forget it park by the road and get mugged by afore mentioned observers of riff

If your airstream is to old then they lose out on your company as well as your Money. Nuff said
Funyfarm
2015 27 FB flying cloud ( Alluminati)
2015 gmc 3500 duramax
3 dogs
FunyFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 11:43 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
Fleetwood , North Carolina
Send a message via Skype™ to DreamStreamr
We asked Pony Express CG in North Salt Lake City about their posted 10-yr rule. They replied exactly as others have aside here, it's a cya so they can try to politely refuse entry to one of these:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1452969808.683828.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	255819

Dreamstreamr
2005 International CCD 25SS
http://Dreamstreamr.com

Jim N5RTG
dreamstreamr.com
DreamStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote