Old 05-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member
Minneapolis , Minnesota
Just to be clear, this vehicle did have a through safety inspection before I picked it up and I had a chance to inspect it in person a couple months ago and had issues such as old tires on the TAG axle dealt with in advance of the trip. I agree such an inspection is essential before heading out on a journey such as this one. None of the issues I experienced could have been anticipated, although they could have been prevented, which is why I fessed up to my own errors that caused problems so that others might learn from my experience. I appreciate all the kinds words and moral support. I can't wait to get back out on the road in my beautiful new ride and hopefully meet some of you in person out on the road.

Tommoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member
1958 22' Flying Cloud
Folsom , California
Im curious.

Was the previous owners name Rick? Wondering if our airstreams came from the same family. We purchased our flying cloud from a guy in santa cruz and he had his "dream RV" sitting there which looked exactly like your photos.

ddstech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:18 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member
Minneapolis , Minnesota
This previous owners name was Mel so no connection there, although our RV does appear to have a great history of rallies and the original owners looks to have been a President of the WBCCI at one point.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-410863485.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	528.9 KB
ID:	186142  
Tommoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:19 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member
1970 25' Tradewind
San Antonio , Texas
What a great trip! For a shorter adventure--come visit the Minnesota Airstream Park just west of Minneapolis. Visit our website at: Minnesota Airstream Park
Victoria & Joseph

Victoria & Joseph
2006 30' Classic
1970 25' Trade Wind Custom Renovation
2Tex4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote