Old 03-17-2014, 08:23 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Westlake , OH(summer)NC(winter)
Airstreams to go

Anybody here used Airstreams To Go in Vegas or LA? They rent Airstreams and tow vehicle turnkey. We want to rent for a week or so prior to buying. Can anyone recommend them?

Old 03-18-2014, 09:53 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1961 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
Mesa , Arizona
Have not used them but met them and saw one of their rentals at the Vintage show in Palm Springs. Very nice folks at both locations and beautiful new modern trailers. Monah is on the forums here. We have used Airstreams 4 Rent in Phoenix and they were also very nice with vintage trailers.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:02 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
San Diego , California
Never used them but did check out their set up in LA. The tow rigs are Yukon Denalis and the Airstreams are 25-28 feet if I remember correctly. You will be traveling in the lap of luxury but with a price. $5300/ week.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:07 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_CA View Post
Never used them but did check out their set up in LA. The tow rigs are Yukon Denalis and the Airstreams are 25-28 feet if I remember correctly. You will be traveling in the lap of luxury but with a price. $5300/ week.
YIKES! But still cheaper than buying an Airstream then finding you hate the lifestyle.

Paula
Old 03-18-2014, 10:17 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
YIKES! But still cheaper than buying an Airstream then finding you hate the lifestyle.

Paula

Thx to all for your replies. Yes it's pricey and I keep thinking about putting the $5k towards my own Airstream......but we must be certain that the Airstream lifestyle is as great as it looks to be.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:24 AM   #6
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post

Paula
Daily rental on construction equipment runs about 1% of the purchase price per day, on average. Compared to that, $5,300 per week for a Yukon plus an Airstream, or $757 per day is pretty cheap. To purchase a new Yukon and a new trailer together would cost you way more than $75,700 total. The rental place may be under-pricing themselves.

People who DON'T like Airstreaming tend to fall into two categories, in my opinion… People who think even the biggest Airstream is too small and really need a 5th wheel or a high-end Class A with a bajillion slide-outs in order to be happy. And people who just don't like RV camping and wouldn't be happy no matter what kind of RV they had.

With that in mind, to make sure you're not in the second group, you don't have to rent an Airstream to try it out, you only have to rent an RV. Another model of trailer, or even a Class C will do for a trial run.

To make sure you're not in the first group, make sure whatever you rent is similar in floor space and storage space to your target Airstream.

Once you decide you like RV camping and can live in that amount of space for a week or so without going bonkers, then you're ready to go buy your Airstream. Which you will appreciate all the more for having tried something else first since you'll have a better basis for comparison.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:51 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
@ Protagonist…..Well stated. Actually, we did rent a class A last year and enjoyed the experience. My desire for the Airstream (other than the obvious) is that it'll go many more places that a class A will not go. What we need to determine is……can we live within the confines of the Airstream for several weeks. I imagine that we will do the Airstream to Go rental this summer and make it a week long vacation to the national parks in Utah and/or Arizona. They offer 23' and 28' and I think we'll opt for the 23 footer as our target Airstream is a 25' front bedroom. It'll just be the two of us on this particular trip but future ventures will sometimes include grandsons age 6 and 8. What an opportunity for them, not to mention the satisfaction the grandparents will get.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:02 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

1969 25' Tradewind
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Hi OHNewbie - I'm the GM of the Airstream 2 Go location in California. Our offices are located within Airstream Los Angeles and have a fantastic, collaborative relationship with Wes Nave, the dealer GM. My personal goal in this position is exactly what you've outlined, to help someone who's interested in buying an Airstream solidify their buying decision by renting from AS2GO, while enjoying the lifestyle as well.

PM me if you have any questions.

BTW - thank everyone for your kind feedback, it's been so fun to meet many of you in person

Mona
Old 03-27-2014, 05:15 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Currently Looking...
Canton , Georgia
Mona, what a cool company you all have! Now, open up an East Coast branch!