Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2008, 12:15 PM   #1
Alumination

2005 28' Safari
Hillsboro , Texas
Send a message via MSN to njoysrvin
airstreams in the park

We are in a RV park in Malibu , CA and there are more airstreams in this park than I've seen in a while . They are all here individually . If any of you are forum members ...come say hi.
njoysrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:59 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
holland , Michigan
Well we are in the same park and I want let everyone know what wonderful people both of you are for helping me with our leak. If this is what fellow airstreamer will do to help then I am a lifelong participant. Please tell Ken thank you for all the help on the roof of our unit. It was a joy, and I am looking for a new ladder and and that special caulk to help other fellow leakers as well. Living in the Malibu RV park is real tough duty but you guys deserve it!! Enjoy the million dollar view.
safari 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:10 PM   #3
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari 28
Well we are in the same park and I want let everyone know what wonderful people both of you are for helping me with our leak. If this is what fellow airstreamer will do to help then I am a lifelong participant. Please tell Ken thank you for all the help on the roof of our unit. It was a joy, and I am looking for a new ladder and and that special caulk to help other fellow leakers as well. Living in the Malibu RV park is real tough duty but you guys deserve it!! Enjoy the million dollar view.
Hey '28,

By special caulk, there are 2 types that are used on newer Airstreams. The first, for larger gaps and adhesion duties, is SikaFlex 221 polyurethane. This stuff is absolutely bomb-proof when properly applied (water proof too and makes a super adhesive). The grey color is a nice atch to the aluminum.

The other is called Acryl-R and is for fine sealing, like the side edges of the seams of your Airstream. It wicks into the seams nicely too. Any Airstream dealer should carry this, but the Airstream Store on-line also has it.

Have fun!!
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:30 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
holland , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewster
Hey '28,

By special caulk, there are 2 types that are used on newer Airstreams. The first, for larger gaps and adhesion duties, is SikaFlex 221 polyurethane. This stuff is absolutely bomb-proof when properly applied (water proof too and makes a super adhesive). The grey color is a nice atch to the aluminum.

The other is called Acryl-R and is for fine sealing, like the side edges of the seams of your Airstream. It wicks into the seams nicely too. Any Airstream dealer should carry this, but the Airstream Store on-line also has it.

Have fun!!
Will do and thank you for the heads up. I know one thing I can attack is the the leaks as they come, and it appears we have an issue.Every A/S I come across has the problem of some sort, both new and in particlular those of the 02-05 vintage. I want to help as Ken did, and looking for a small telescoping ladder. A/S in my opinon for a premium product should offer to reseal all units say 10 years or younger. But it sounds like they do not care. Too bad. They need a new competitor.
safari 28 is offline   Reply With Quote