Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-25-2007, 09:51 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1976 25' Tradewind
Clay Springs , Arizona
Airstream Park in Arizona?

Today is the start of the Memorial Weekend and up here in the Arizona White Mountains at my new RV park - Arizona High Country Campground - the park is beginning to fill up with rigs for the holiday. I'm feeling rather ashamed that I had to move my 2 ASs to make way for all the BIG Rigs that are coming.
Wouldn't it be fun to have just ASers come up some weekend.
You can see my park's web site at www.arizonahighcountrycampground.com

There is a picture on it of my Tradewind - one of my ASs that had to get pushed out to the back forty.

Come on up - it's cool and clear here in the mountains!!

Nancy
skippervido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 06:58 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
I know what you're feeling! Ours is pretty much surrounded by motorhome things and white-sided things. Gawd, I'd SOOOOOO much prefer to be surrounded by Airstreams!

Lynn
Old 05-26-2007, 10:38 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Placitas , New Mexico
nice looking campground

We'll keep you in mind the next time we're on our way through AZ. How about bigger pictures on your website? Maybe you should host a rally for the FCU.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:19 PM   #4
Desert Fox

1985 31' Sovereign
Tucson , Arizona
Smile Hi Nancy,

We live Tucson and will have to make a point of visiting your RV park. Looks great.
I now the feeling when a monster bus pulls next to me I feel so small and then I realize that he is depriating faster than he can drive and my AS is going up.
Hope to see you soon. Regards Russell in sunny and warm Tucson AZ.
RUSSELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 03:13 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2002 25' Classic
Oro Valley , Arizona
We are planning an outing to HONDAH and other places up there.....will check your park out.

We have always wished to stay in an AS Park....the one in Lacey, WA only allows airstreams--do however needing $

2002 Classic 25'
2003 Expedition EB 5.4L, AWD, AdvanceTrac Class IV hitch pkg. Reese dual cam/Prodigy
Kistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 04:19 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1976 25' Tradewind
Clay Springs , Arizona
Thanks for your kind comments. We would be thrilled to have FCU come here.
We will give a discount to anyone who is a supporting member of this forum - just display your decal.
skippervido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 04:34 PM   #7
bilby05

1962 24' Tradewind
1962 24' Tradewind
Canyon , Texas
Hi Country

Hello,
We are in Holbrook tonight. Unfortunately without the Airstream. We are going to a family reunion in California and weren't able to fit airstreaming into our schedule. Maybe next time we come through we will be towing the AS and will look you up. BTW we saw a '76 Sovereign for sale in Bluewater Village. I took some pictures of it to post later. It was the guy's dad's trailer and said he was asking $6k. He couldn't find the key, and his dad was away. Looking through the windows it looked a bit rough. Will post more info later.
cheers, bill b.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:23 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic
Pecos , New Mexico
We are in Alamogordo for the weekend and have never been to a park with as many Airsteams as there are here now. A coincidence, but nice to see so much silver around. Will check you out when we are up that way, also.
Pecos Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:40 PM   #9
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
We drove right by on 260 yesterday from a long weekend on the White Mountain Apache Reservation. Next time we are on the road we will stop in and say hello!

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:15 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

Note, there is a 40 unit, beautiful, 'airstream only' park in Show Low, Arizona (4 hours driving northeast from Phoenix, elevation 7700 ft.). It is a membership park, but costs are low. If interested in checking out, the park will permit you to stay free for three nights.

ESCAPE FROM THE VALLEY>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 05-29-2007, 03:59 PM   #11
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
We stopped and took a look at Ponderosa Shadows Airstream Park in Show Low, AZ http://www.airstreammotorhomes.com/d...tream_park.pdf
last summer while we were in the area. It is a very nice place with a good location. Parking the trailer in one location for the summer is not what we do, so we passed on the idea. The park also has a requirement that you be a WBCCI member over the age of 55. The elevation for the park is 6600 feet, still much cooler them Phoenix or Tucson.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:20 PM   #12
3 Rivet Member

Yes, I forgot to mention that it is a 55+ park, but WBBCI membership is only required for the first two years.

There are sites up for sale.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:36 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari
Flagstaff , Arizona
Hon Dah RV Park

Nancy,

I know that it is after the Memorial Day holiday but let me offer a sugestion. Depending on how big you AS is maybe consider doing a little boondocking. When I go to the White Mountains I like to get a reservation camping permit and then go to one of the lakes and hang out. The senery has to be better than looking at the sides of other RVs. Usually I like to go to Hawley Lake. My AS is a 2006, 19 foot Bambie which just looks great by a lake. There are no hookups there but it sure is tranqual.

Personally I think an AS looks better out in the woods. You've probably guessed I love fishing too.

Good luck and happy adventuring

Flyguy
flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:02 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Nancy... Friends Louis & Sergio invited us to join them on their last vist up to see you in May...we tried to work it into our travel plans, but couldn't...but we'll be up to see you sometime with our Bambi in the not-too-far future... Your park look great! Maybe an AS convergence is in order!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:38 PM   #15
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Hi Gang,

What a timely thread!

I happen to be camped at an 'Airstream-only' park in East Texas called Texas Airstream Harbor. It is hidden away in Zavalla, TX and is right on a nice big lake in a National Forest. Lots of seasonal 'Streamers, so it is pretty empty now.

I'll be here for a couple of days for a full AM Solar install (including removal of the antiquated system), re-wiring, adding a 2000 watt sine wave inverter/charger and a few other 'little projects' for the owners. Here is a shot of the entry gate:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000125.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	61586  
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote