Old 11-21-2015, 09:32 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
San Antonio , Texas
Is anyone planning to try and park in the 24 hour generator area? We cannot come up until that Sunday of the show. Our plan is to be there July 24 through the 28th. If someone is going earlier Gould we work out trying to hold a spot for us??

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

Old 11-22-2015, 12:23 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
St. Hedwig , Texas
Right now I believe that we will go into the Generator section but not the 24 hour section. It will sure be nice to have some AS's there. If anyone has never been there before boy are you in for a surprise. There is no other event like this one and you can not touch ever aircraft on the field.

Old 11-22-2015, 08:26 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Holly Springs , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyTin View Post
Is anyone planning to try and park in the 24 hour generator area? We cannot come up until that Sunday of the show.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Well, I'll be there a week early, and don't mind having a go at it for you. I won't be in the 24-hour generator area, but here's what may give you pause. To "reserve" a camp site, I'd have to know both your EAA member number and have a credit card number to pay for the site. You see, it's not really reserving a place; it's paying the camping fee as if you were there doing it yourself. You may pause giving a stranger you never met (me) your CC info, and you may further pause at paying for the site for several days before you arrive.

If you want me to do this, sometime send me a PM and we'll discuss the details off-line.

You'll need camping credentials to get through the camping check-in. I would accomplish that by leaving your credentials (mainly the window sticker for your TV), together with data as to where the campsite is, at Will Call.

The EAA charges for daily camping for the entire time from arrival to end of show; if you leave early the unused days will be refunded when you turn in your TV's parking sticker at the check-in/out area.

2016 FC 25' FB twin
2013 F-150 Lariat CrewCab 3.5 EB 4X4 3.55 axle
Bob662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 07:03 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Holly Springs , Mississippi
For those attending Airventure 2016, there's a special treat at the EAA Museum. For the first time ever, the original nose art pieces saved by the Confederate/Commemorative Air Force will be traveling, and the first stop is the EAA Museum.

This nose art--some 30 pieces--was saved in the late 40's and early 50's by CAF members from primarily B-17 and B-24 bombers before they were cut up and scrapped.

The Museum is a treat by itself, but this traveling exhibit is not to be missed.

2016 FC 25' FB twin
2013 F-150 Lariat CrewCab 3.5 EB 4X4 3.55 axle
Bob662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 10:04 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
St. Hedwig , Texas
Well, I have been out of touch for a week. I tripped getting off a ladder and fractured my right hip. Surgery was last Tuesday and now I am at home with physical therapy. Working to get back up to snuff.

Bob, I will send you a PM.
Old 12-05-2015, 11:00 AM   #20
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
We will also be in Escanaba, MI and this is on my husbands bucket list so we are in.

Sorry to hear about the break, those dam ladders!

Membership chair
Wally Byam Airstream Club
Past President Oregon Unit 090

Campfires, the original social media!
wbcci#29827

Check out the [URL="https://airstreamclub.org/"and Wally Byam Airstream Club on facebook
Blue Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 01:09 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Carolina Low Country , South Carolina
a must go event

If you have not been to Air Adventure, you really do need to put it on your bucket list, near the top! We have been many times, always a wonderful event packed full of unbelievable airplanes and ideas.

Nothing better than talking to a retired astronaut, a WW11 veteran watch a plane being built in a week..and so much more. Not to forget the WW11 planes all in the air bombing the air field, the gliders or the acrobatics. So much it is impossible to tell all....you really must go.

My husband is the one that is really appreciates the planes but I also have a good time seeing everything and enjoy the shows thoroughly. Great Fun. So get it on your bucket list at the top and go!
Old 12-10-2015, 06:18 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
St. Hedwig , Texas
I am very pleased with the response. Gayle & I are really looking forward to this event. After OSH (to a lot of us Air Adventure will always be Oshkosh) we are attending the Tall Ships Rally in Duluth, MN. As we get closer we can nail down last minute details. I really appreciate all the input on this thread.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:11 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Carolina Low Country , South Carolina
There is a fantastic Antique Wood Boat Show in early Aug. 1 day only, a Sat. in Hessel, Michigan.We stumbled upon it after 5 days at the wonderful Oshkosh Air Show when we headed north.

There were a great many beautiful boats restored to original beauty. They have crafts, music and food too. It is well worth the stop! Get there early for parking is at a premium.

Take a look at their site, lots of pics... however, they do not have 2016 dates posted yet, but should be easy to send/call for the info.
Two great shows not to be missed!!!