Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2007, 03:47 PM   #41
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari 28
. . . I tried a couple of parks and no way, must be concerned for the women or something????
Comments like that are pretty discriminatory. Maybe it's time to take a good look in the mirror.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:01 PM   #42
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
holland , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoane
Comments like that are pretty discriminatory. Maybe it's time to take a good look in the mirror.

All my mirrors are broke.
safari 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:09 AM   #43
GLASS GODDESS

2011 22' Sport
Greenville , South Carolina
Sqeeky Wheel gets the Oil!

Last year I was appalled at the age requirements in many of the campgrounds (God forbid they have one of these policies for the age of the owners of these "antiques").
One such campground was Garden of the Gods Campground in Manitou Springs, CO. with the take over of new management. Apparently lot's of us complained, my hubby who works at the Chamber of Commerce complained....anyway, the new owners came into the Chamber and apologized for the policy and acknowledged that they were wrong!
Their new thoughts are as long is they are well maintained.....I guess they are like the military, they won't ask if we won' tell.
Anyway I encourage all of you to raise your voices and complain, and call, and call again, and be persisitant!.
As a new owner of an AS (or do they own us?) I haven't attended a Ralley, would anybody be interested in on in the Garden of the Gods Campground?
Dureedesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:32 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Glad to hear they loosened up...it was nice then and I understand it's been remodeled since.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dureedesign
As a new owner of an AS (or do they own us?) I haven't attended a Ralley, would anybody be interested in on in the Garden of the Gods Campground?
The Rocky Mountain (Region 11) Vintage Airstream Club held our annual rally there two years in a row...2004 & 2005 It was a great location, lots to do...however, we try to break it up and have our rally in different locations and don't become stale. After all, it is a travel club~

This year it'll be in Salida ~ love to have you join us!

And yes...they do own us!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:26 PM   #45
3 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
Romulus , New York
To paraphrase Groucho Marx: I wouldn't want to stay at a CG that would ALLOW me to.
jayray5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:57 PM   #46
GLASS GODDESS

2011 22' Sport
Salida?

When is the rally? Can you come if you are not a member, how do you become one? Thanks!
Old 05-06-2008, 10:23 PM   #47
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
It's August 7-10...

Here's the scoop ~ 2008 VAC Rally Information

Here's the membership info ~ hope to meet you there! If you can't make it for the entire rally, there is a public Open House on Sunday afternnon ~

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 01:35 PM   #48
GLASS GODDESS

2011 22' Sport
Shari, I am interested in joining, what is not clear is,....If I am not currently a member of anything..is it $70.00 for both the Wally B and the VAC? Is that per year or as long as we have her? Thanks.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:22 PM   #49
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Maybe I can clear it up a little.
Membership in the VAC is $20 per calendar year. To join the VAC you must first be a member of the WBCCI. Membership in the WBCCI cost $55 plus the local unit fee per calendar year as well. The fee can vary from unit to unit. Shari is a member of the Denver Unit, which is a very active unit with many great members. I am a member of the Four Corners Unit, the newest and best unit (my opinion) in the WBCCI.

Lots of choices, let me know if you need any additional information.

BTW, we are looking forward to attending our first RMVAC rally this year.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:44 PM   #50
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Land Of Enchantment , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dureedesign
HI EVERYBODY..here is a time where power of the people might make a difference....There is a great campground here in Manitou Springs CO. called GARDEN OF THE GODS CAMPGROUNDS. That until recently changing hands, used to host AS rallies on occasion. Now, they have new owners (the old one's are rolling over in their graves) and these new owners have decided that any RV's or trailers over the age of 15 years are not welcome (allowed) to stay in their campground. This is an outrage! If anybody else feels this way, please direct your sentiments to these foolish people! Their email address is camp@coloradocampground.com. Let them know all of your thoughts. As new owners of a vintage "66 my husband and I were really looking forward to coming down and staying there and meeting some of you.
Thanks for your help!

Sent 'em this today via email:

"Ran across your limit on the age of an RV in the Airstream Forums... said it was 15 years old. Now, for a regular SOB's ("same 'ol box" trailer or "some other brand"), I can understand it. They DO show their age, don't they?
But for an Airstream?
We'll continue to discuss y'all's campground in the forums if you don't make amends for Airstreams... you see, Airstreams really don't change. Why change a perfect design? Why do you think Airstream's are the top end of the towables?

Oh... and by commenting on arcane policies held by SOB campgrounds, that means a loss of bid'ness for ya' $$$! Word travels far in Streamerland."

Maybe an additional responses to them will mean something?
The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:53 PM   #51
GLASS GODDESS

2011 22' Sport
Richard, thanks for the clarification! You made perfect sense!