Old 05-05-2005, 06:16 PM   #15
AIR #6370
2001 27' Safari
Bella Vista , Arkansas
Talking AAA RV Service

Don't forget to check out the Good SAM Emergency Road Service. The annual cost is $99.95 per year and its a no hassle service. I dumped my AAA membership several years ago and have not regretted it.

hmsteader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 07:44 PM   #16
Rivet Master
We had AAA but there were to many limits on service, especially when it comes to towing both the Airstream and tow vehicle to where you may need to go for safety. Of course enough money with AAA and they will take you anywhere. We switched to Thor / which has reasonable cost and will tow the Airstream and the tow vehicle where you need them, within reason. You must read the find print, because if you are boondocking off a dirt road or more than 15 feet off a paved road downhill or the tow truck driver hears a fart in the dark it ‘s tough to get a tow. There are so many caveats with the ‘general protection plans’ it makes your head swim. There is another thread on this tow subject on the forum.

Tinsel Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:30 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member
I have AAA & Thor/Coach-Net.I can't beat my homeowners & auto with AAA but Thor came with my new TT,& after talking with them I just felt more comfortable.AAA has way to many (gray) areas in Ca.Nevada & Utah.
cynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 07:49 AM   #18
Rivet Master
Well said. Thanks

Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote