Old 07-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member
1972 23' Safari
Placitas , New Mexico
A Very Touching Airstream Story

A woman at an RV park in Eagle Nest, New Mexico came up to me, and, with an emotion-choked voice said, "My mother and father had an Airstream just like that," pointing to our Airstream. She looked to be about my age--in her 60s. She told me how her parents went on all the WBCCI rallies—with Wally himself—had a number of Airstreams over the years and how much fun they had. She said that her parents bought a new Airstream for their 50th wedding anniversary but their health declined suddenly and they hardly used it. With tears in her eyes she said that after they died she and her sisters sobbed while they followed the Airstream to an auction house after their folks died. "Because it was such a symbol of them and their fun and adventures." She and her sisters decided to have a picture of the Airstream and their WBCCI number etched on their headstone.

Airylle 1972 Safari featured for 5 nanoseconds in the movie Wild Hogs

Jupiter (the Golden Retriever)
Blu_Hwy_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1997 30' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1981 28' Airstream 280
San Antonio , Texas
Wow!! I ran into a similar situation while trying to buy a 1958 Pacer in Las Cruces, NM. Lady said she could not bear to part with it as it was her mom and dad's. No amount of talking could convince her it was going in my "collection" instead of the scrap house or resold. Last time I looked, it was gone. Hope it found a fitting home.
WBCCI# 9259 AIR# 38927 TAC-TX 14
Stop Littering-Spay & Neuter-- Adopt From Rescue
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
bwoodtx is offline   Reply With Quote