Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2007, 08:53 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1968 30' Sovereign
Savannah , Georgia
A successful Maiden Voyage indeed!!

Hello Fellow Streamers,

I am please to report that our 1st voyage was a resounding success as our we picked up our 1968 30ft Soveregin from Fla. and, since this was both my and Ann 1st voyage with our good ship "Aloha Dreams" we decided to spend it with our Fulltiming friends who have been at this at least 7-10 years. there are not enough nice things that can be said about friends who allow you to be with them as you discover the bumps on the roads so to speak. We resided in the Indian rocks RV park for 5 days.. Some vaction and some work.. I love when I an can have pleasure while working. I am pleased to report that I successfully backed her into the spot myself, and yes as some on this Forum had said to me it did feel good to do that... Aloha last owners neglected to leave a sewer hose for us and that wasn't too troubling, however it would have been nice if they had let me know that they didn't have the hose fitting that fit on to the Black water tank....... Oh boy (I have to laugh) normally an easy fix right? Not on palm sunday weekend.. Winabego dealers and the like do not speak the language of Airstream so well.. We did find a part that would fit, but found that the black water tank wasn't draining solids very well. Don't yet know if this was due to an unknown problem in the tank or because the airsteam wasn't perfectly level.. Humm Jacks are quite handy... I didn't know that the 1968 models didn't come with jacks ...

Our trip was a wonderful experience with the exception of the fact that the back cover to our Airstream came off and with lost the tag.. I have already replaced the tag, but Aloha dreams is at Don Mar Airstream dealership as we await word on our blackwater tank, and replacement piece for the stern of the ship.. okay I admit I am a terminal boat guy..lol

My review of the Indian rocks Rv is as follows:

the park is near enough to the Indian rocks beach , but they can nickel and dime you a little. in season they charge an aditional 2.00 to run your air conditioner. this is addition to the 30.00 per night charge. Please have working showers as their showers are not working.. And they cost .25 per 10 minutes.. this too would have been fine If only I would have gotten the shower I so desparately wanted... Please insert humorus pic of me bathing myself from the sink.. Hey Hygiene is a dealbraker for me..
Spend your money on a better facility..

Just thought we'd share the adventure with all of you since you all have been so kind to us in many ways.
WBCCI #1807
TAC GA-21
A person who is nice to you but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person...
tvadman1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:24 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2000 34' Excella
Tucson , Arizona
Throw a pair of channelocks in the rig somewhere along with a basic tool kit. I got my water pressure regulator stuck on a faucet one time and could not get it off despite the fact that I had put it on. A friendly rv park nieghbor lent me his and off we went.

I don't know jack about older tin cans, but my wife and I have had our 2000 Excella for about 2.5 years now. One thing I can tell you is to treat that aluminum skin like it was your own retina, if you tear it, dent it, otherwise damage it, get out your checkbook and drain the account or just better hope the insurance covers it since panel replacement is about on par with getting charged for open heart surgery. The rest of the stuff you can buy at a hardware store, mostly, and have fun doing it.

Glad to read about your trip report, those are good to have and thanks for posting. Good luck and most of all have fun.
elolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:27 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1979 28' Airstream Excella 28
southwestern , Michigan
congratulations on your successful maiden voyage. glad to have you with us, welcome. friend!
airstreamers is offline   Reply With Quote