Old 06-25-2015, 10:02 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
GILBERT , Arizona
6 weeks on the road

With our 2015 25ft we wanted to get out of the AZ heat and head north. Our trip will cover 8 states.

We left on June 14th around noon 4 hours late, as always there is something that you don't plan for that will hold up the best plans to leave.

We had to stop to get a grandkids fix, then hit the road, first part was I-10 to California and let me tell you how BAD the road is from PHX to state line is BAD, BAD. It so ruff that I stop in Blythe to get a book out of the AS and when I open the door I found the Frig door open and food all over the floor, another 30 minutes delay in clean-up in , 111 heat, NO FUN.

As we started to make good time and fly thru San Bernardino 0n a Sunday with light traffic and thought we would make our plan first stop in Ridgecrest, CA HWY 395, but as this day has not had enough problems (gas in CA $4.25 gal) the road was under construction just out side of
San B. for 12 miles and we crawled for 2.5 hours with 98 degrees so turn off AC.

Now its 7:30pm and no way to make the plan stop, so we pick the Victorville Good Sam RV park rated bathrooms 9.5, Shady Acres RV park, this place should have been closed by the health dept., it also have families living their in in tents, like lots of people and kids.

Thinking tomorrow we will get a new start.

David & Nancy Ames
WBCCI # 9403 -- AIR # 95597
2015 FC 25' RB
2013 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
dames7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:30 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member
2015 30' Classic
Kingston , New York
Just circling back to see how things are going on your long trip - Things hopefully getting better for you...

WBCCI #6370
Moo1822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 04:23 PM   #3
Rivet Master
1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
We always check the GPS for travel and road information before we head out to make sure there are no construction or accidents on our route. Unfortunately in SoCal many of the roads are terrible, and traffic is awful... best time through LA and other high metro places are 3:00 a.m. (after the drunks and before the long distance commuters!) Ha! Actually Google Maps on your smart phone will instantly give you updates on traffic jams, etc. Hope your trip is going better! Post a few photos and let everyone know where you've been!
Mrs. NorCal Bambi traveling in S Tardis ~ from the Great State of Jefferson!

My blogs:
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote

« Moab | Top | LA to Portland »