Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...

Old 11-19-2014, 06:34 AM   #15
4 Rivet Member
2001 16' Bambi
2013 23' International
Piedmont Region , North Carolina
Here's what we've found:

The Bad
1. Counter top space is tricky. Like - where do you put the removable sink cover/cutting board when not in use?

-- Like others said, under the cushion or the bed top cover.

2. Not AS fault, but having a lab on board, even with sweeping 3x a day, we still get a second pet in swept up hair each time. Crazy. I know this is excessive, but those homes with central vacuum could be really really cool to next edition AS .. for the luxury types.

-- I use a small wet/dry vac that I got at Home Depot, about $30. Stash it under the bed. Fits right in.

The Ugly:

5. The space behind dinette chair upon entry - WTF?? what a terrible design idea -- its just totally inefficient and if we had better carpentry skills we would pull this out and build out shelving/storage/cabinetry ..

-- That is my dog's closet but is good for other stuff too. It holds a small container of food, the main supply stays in the truck, the leash, and doggie clean up bags. Also great spot for extra canned food items or dry goods. I don't often carry glass but if you take something larger that comes in glass, wine bottles, etc., they can't move around much in there. A bit of bubble wrap and you're set. And, best of all, when you pull that side of the dinette out to put in a recliner, it's all open space.....

Best of luck with it. Sounds like you're off to a good start....

'01 16' Bambi --- Swee' Pea
'13 23D International --- Trixy
'09 Silverado --- Big Bertha
Adoptee -- '78 Argosy 24' Moho -- Big Girl
tinbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 08:46 AM   #16
Rivet Master
2016 30' Classic
Erie , Colorado
On the leveling ramp issue consider getting an Andersen Camper Level. 3604 - Camper Leveler Find it much easier and quicker than using blocks.

2015 Classic
2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax
ghaynes755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:11 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania

Yes the breeder we got Abby from uses this food and real food such as chicken etc., and they have cut back on the shedding compared to other Labs. We do not feed he any people food, only The Flint River. With other brands we should feed her about 2 cups twice a day, with Flint we feed her one and quarter cups twice per day. She has maintained her proper weight and has tons of energy. Therefore the cost is not as bad as it seems on the outset.

Safe Travels

Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post

Bud. I have ordered a sampler pack, but this is a bit pricey, even with free shipping.

I don't see anything in their product information or customer reviews about this food reducing shedding. Was this an intended or accidental outcome?

Lily is a very healthy dog, with a cast iron stomach. Pedigree is her daily brand,. I'll have to find a convincing reason to double the price of her dog food.

Thanks for the info.

Bud & Alice (Bud posts)
Abby- Black Lab-TDI Certified
Hopey-Yellow Lab-TDI Certified
2017 30' Classic
2015 F350 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab
USAF - Military Training Instructor (TI) - 68-72
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:16 AM   #18
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Hmmmm, thanks for that info.

The samples will be here, so we'll see from there.

I wonder how diet affects shedding, other than the obvious....malnutrition.

Lily is on a mix of adult and healthy weight Pedigree, per our vet. He doesn't specifically recommend the particular dog food, just the mixture to keep her weight in line. She self-feeds, and eats 2-3 cups a day.

Will ponder it, and thanks for the tip.

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 06:31 AM   #19
3 Rivet Member
2015 30' Classic
Decatur , Illinois

I had found that mixing a couple tablespoons of wheat germ to the food helped reduce shedding, dandruff, odor, and made their coats nicer. Although I still find hair from our last Lab, and we lost him eight years ago.
rbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 09:02 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Dog hair is a condiment in some homes...

We've never been able to totally eliminate dog hair anywhere. Clothes, cars, wherever. It's an elemental force of nature 😄

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
'The Silver HamShack' (2007 International 22FB CCD 75th Aniversary model)
Multiple Yaesu Radios inside and many antennae sprouting from roof, ProPride hitch
2012 shortbed crewcab 4x4 Toyota Taco TV with more antennae on it
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 09:03 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Oracle , Arizona
Welcome. We bought our 22' SS new 7 years ago and have about 40k on it. Other than having to replace the skylight and a new set of tires, few issues. Our stove works like yours so we just live with the hand igniter. TV antenna still works and we seem to get more stations than you? No dog hair as we have had two Standard Poodles, now one. Counter space is perfect for us. No problem backing up on levelers. I've added the bubble levels that tell you how many inches to level.

Ahab is offline   Reply With Quote