Old 11-03-2004, 04:07 PM   #15
Rivet Master
2004 22' International CCD
Spotsylvania , Virginia
Hi Jonathan,

I use a Power Pulse 12v desulfator to keep my battery plates free of lead sulfate. See the attached link where I got mine:

I have a 400 watt inverter, but I'm very careful using it while "Boondocking", if I have to use it at all! It uses alot of battery power. A full length movie on a laptop will require two hours of use with the inverter and seriuosly draw down the batteries. I bought an AC/DC 9" Toshiba TV/DVD combo that only uses about 5-6 DC Amps/Hr.

I too experienced condensation last April when it rained all week on our "Maiden Voyage". We learned to crack a side window and a roof vent to allow the warm moist air to escape. This worked well for us last month. We experienced no condensation. I heat during the day with a Coleman Sport Cat or Mr. Heater Buddy while we are awake. I only run the furnace while sleeping to avoid suffocation/CO poisoning. If you get the trailer nice and toasty with the Catalytic heater and turn it off right before going to bed, the furnace won't cycle as much initially, thus saving valuable battery capacity.

rseagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 06:44 PM   #16
2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
dmac et al.

What was I thinking!?!?!?

I am not sure why I chose to use the inverter to hook up to the laptop on this trip. I also had a simple gizmo that plugs into a 12 volt socket, and then into the laptop. I did not need to use the inverter:

I originally bought the inverter to charge up digital camera batteries while driving in the VW for extended trips. So, it is probably safe to say I won't be using the inverter much when camped. I can charge batteries for the camera when I have the Honda running.

My laptop battery is getting on in years and use, so if I just run on battery power, I may get about an hours worth of use before termination. I should probably bite the bullet and pick up a fresh battery.

Sometimes I wish I were living in the stone age. Then I would know I'm the smartest person in the world.
crazylev is offline   Reply With Quote