Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-09-2009, 03:51 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB Classic
Smithville , New Jersey
10 days 'till the keys!

We're so excited, 10 days from now will be our first BIG trip in our 'stream.
We're going to Bluewater Key RV Resort (MM 14.5). Sit on the beach at Bahia Honda by day, some local joint for food, booze & music by night. I'm hoping to look in on Long Key & Curry Hammock State Parks, as well as Bahia. I'll try to post pics. Any last minute "Keys" advice?
monkeypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:01 PM   #2
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
Fantasy Fest

Fantasy Fest will be on the last weekend of October right in the heart of Key West.I will be there for the whole week and leaving on a Monday.Traffic is terrible when everyone leaves on that Sunday.

Devoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:38 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1999 23' Safari
Perrysburg , Ann Arbor
I go to the Keys usually at least twice a year (though mostly Key West) and have quite a few ideas about fun things to see / do / places to eat, etc. I have written up a bunch of the stuff the DW and I have discovered and seen (again mostly Key West, though much in upper Keys) in a Word file ... if you pm me your email address, I'll send it to you.
AirsDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:30 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Vero Beach , Florida
I have been to the Keys so many times I don't like it anymore. If you don't drink or fish there is nothing to do.. Wait, maybe that is why I don't remember half of the trips.
I had a trip planned to Blue water last January, but father in law passed away and we headed for the great white north instead. It was our first trip in cold weather.
You will love the Keys, no place else like it in the world. 7 mile bridge and sunsets to die for. Blue water looks like a nice place. Make sure you go to the pier in Key West for the sunset. The people there are a little different. They put on quite a show.
I live about 7 hours north of Key West, just 6 miles east of I-95 if you want a place to park for the night. I have 30 amps and water. Just give me a days notice,

Eric

772-473-1191
AlumaCave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:35 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Sit a spell under one of the trees on the beach at Long Key for us, please! We've tried and tried but have never been able to secure a reservation there during the winter months we'd be able to camp. Enjoy! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:39 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2005 22' International CCD
Phoenix , Arizona
If you are interested in American crafts and artists, make sure you stop at Gallery Morada, on the Old Highway in Islamorada. Laurie has what you need for a souvenier or present. You'll be able to choose work from local artists as well as those from distant parts -- like us.

I'm always amazed at how many shades of blue there are in the gulf waters. Don't just sit on the beach, get out on the water too!
Bandit #14576 (WDCU/AIR)

https://www.RWChatelain-Woodturner.com
BDandTTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Schererville , Indiana
I'm not sure what key it is, but there's one that has a "Feed the Tarpon" sign on it. It was a blast! Tarpon that were about 4-5 ft. long came up & ate right out of your hands (careful not to get it chomped off!) Have a great time....the Keys are the best!

1964 Bambi II
1988 Avion 32S
Becky B. is offline   Reply With Quote