Old 02-19-2017, 10:53 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
Yerington , Nevada
1985 Argosy Black Water Tank Dump Valve Repair

I do a fair amount of dry camping, and I am finding my 32 year old dump valves are dripping when closed. Both the Grey water and black water tanks have a rod with a handle, when pulled open the dump valves. The tanks and valves are enclosed with a sheet metal enclosure underneath which is riveted in place and I will have to drill out. Are these valves easy to replace and are replacement parts readily available? I just want an idea of what I am getting into before I get the tools out. 1985 32' Argosy.

Old 02-19-2017, 11:01 PM   #2
CRH
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
xxxxx , xxxxxx
My Airstream manual says right in it the way they replace the dump valves is to cut a hole in the belly pan, do the repair, and cover with a replacement panel....That is just what I did the summer before last.

I ordered the valves and tank adapters from Vintage Trailer Supply. I got the necessary plumbing pipe at Lowes. The whole job took me a day, mainly because I kept dragging this tool and that tool out to do the job. I made a cover panel from a street sign from the recyclers. Now, with an access panel and knowledge, I think I could do the job in a couple of hours or less.

Old 03-13-2017, 12:16 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
Yerington , Nevada
BlACK WATER TANK VALVE

Alas, I had more pressing projects to do and so had to put the Argosy squarestream back in storage. There is some sort of enclosure that is pop riveted in place. Did the regular Airstreams have a flat belly where all the tanks were built into the floor area? This one protrudes underneath, and the pan seems to be removable. I have included a photo here.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:28 AM   #4
CRH
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
xxxxx , xxxxxx
Regular airstream have a belly pan that is removable. Most choose not to remove it and instead cut a hole and put in an access panel.