Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2006, 07:29 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
thendara , New York
whats a Travelux?

Hi I am a new owner of a 32' Travelux camper . ist an Airstream look a like. but I can't seem to find out any info on them . All I know is it was built in Canada. Can anyone help. By the way very nice web site. I hope to learn a lot from you all...

Thanks
kino-schmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:05 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Welcome to the forums kino-schmid. I can't answer your question but I do note that the Search function here gives 5 threads when you search on the word travelux. I don't know that you'll find much here but it's a start. We can only hope that others with actual knowledge will chime in. Glad you found us!

There is a lot of similarity in Airstreams (and any RV) over time. The industry has pretty well stuck with the same modular sizes for HW heaters (6 & 10 gal), fridges, and kept furnaces quite compact. Updating to a modern convertor-battery system and maybe PEX piping -- the lists become endless. You might have to invent when it comes to checking out or modernizing your brakes, shocks, axles and tires. Questions are okay but we might have our limits when it comes to Travelux particulars. I wouldn't expect much similarity on frame issues.

I just googled on 'travelux trailer' and got a number of returns -- but I suppose you've done this. Wonder if any online Canadian group exists?

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:31 PM   #3
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Welcome to the forums. Ande as is often said, "post pictures, we like pictures."
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:43 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
now being enjoyed by Heath and Mary in , Vermont
this previous thread.......

The information you want is on this previous thread.

http://www.airforums.com/forum...ada-20810.html

See my information at post#12.

I have seen these Canadian trailers.

Sergei
SmokelessJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:59 AM   #5
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Travelux photos

Here's a thread on the web... this may be PineCone's Travelux! The Travelux is more similar to the Avion, Streamline, and Silver Streak design than Airstream, but they're interesting!

http://www.rabble.ca/babble/ultimate...&f=11&t=001161

And the photos posted there (shamelessly stolen and reposted here):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer3.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	22881  
Attached Images

85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:44 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Edmonton , Alberta
That is my trailer! The internets knows all......

Jeez, I totally missed this thread.

All I know about travelux I learned on this forum.

Hopefully, I can rip into her this spring, and get her on the road again. I wish I knew what colour the Travelux nameplate was originally. Anybody know?
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:15 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cambridge , Ontario
Travelux

I am the original owner of a 1968 Travelux. If anyone requires any info. on the company and history; I can be of assistance.
doug1939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:18 AM   #8
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug1939
I am the original owner of a 1968 Travelux. If anyone requires any info. on the company and history; I can be of assistance.
Cool looking trailer!

I'm interested in learning more on the company and its history. Tell me more!

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:36 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug1939
Post away...then you will only have to do it once as everybody can learn together ~

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 09:21 AM   #10
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cambridge , Ontario
Smile Travelux Info

HISTORY FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE AND INFO. GATHERED OVER THE YEARS. A gentleman by the name of Mr. Wragge, apparently started the Caravel Coach Company (manufacturer of Travelux trailers) at 15 Jutland Drive, Toronto in 1966. The manufacturing began the next year in an industrial complex in Aurora (north of Toronto). I purchased my 22' Travelux in 1967 from Russell Church Mobile Homes in Barrie Ontario. It came with the incorrect appliance/coverings color and the trailer was returned to the factory for the correct color. At this time I learned" bits and pieces": of related info. from various sources. The units were based on the U.S. Avion model. All units were completely assembled in Ontario with all the usual components....ie: Kelsey Hayes running ear/Dometic/Duo Therm etc. The trailers were overbuilt with 5" frames, and quality cabinetry and workmanship. The business was successful until the late 70's when I was told that a large order from overseas resulted in some financial problems and the company ceased operation. It was subsequently started again in the small town of Bradford. I found a very small shop with some construction and many parts...but a shadow of the former operation. I went back a few years later and it had disappeared.
MY TRAVELUX EXPERIENCE: The trailer is very well built. It has been pulled over 100,000 miles by Chryslers and Fords. Mexico/Florida/California and the east coast of Canada and the U.S. It tows beautifully (2860 lbs) and has been trouble free. We no longer use the trailer and a recent RV Trader ad produced numerous enquiries and an asking price sale. I still have the original manual/documentation.
P.S. For the interested poster......Original name plate was yellow lettering on a black background.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:06 AM   #11
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cambridge , Ontario
Please see my new post when seaching for "Travelux" I am the original owner of this trailer.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:52 AM   #12

halifax , Nova Scotia
Travelux

Hi all, I am new here and registered to share Travelux information, my family owns a 1973 Travelux 31 foot President model we have owned since 1975 when we bought it from the dealer-owner. It is very sturdy with a triple 5 inch frame, we had the interior removed to replace the floor and then reinstalled everything. The private park it has been in for 28 years is closing for good and it is for sale. It is located in Nova Scotia, Canada just out side of Lunenburg. It has privacy glass and is the same floor plan as in the brochure posted in this thread. I have photos and all original manuals for the systems and brochure. Please contact me at kgilbert@arrow.com or by phone (902) 445-5916 or days (902) 450-3613. My father takes very good care of his stuff and has collected antique cars for years and is very fussy and the trailer is in very good condition.
Kent G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:43 AM   #13
4 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
ocala , Florida
Atlas Mobile Home Museum Here's a link for a good site with some info on old r.v. trailers. Be sure to check out the "post cards" on "trailer trash"
Brian,the proud (2nd) owner of aluminum 1986 '32 Airstream Argosy (Squarestream) #305 Rare? It's either the Hemi Cuda of all Airstream's,or their Edsel.
wanderer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:59 PM   #14
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Wow, talk about rara avis! Those end bows are fantastic.

Guaranteed you won't see yourself going down the highway.

Yes, it looks like Silver Streak and Avion. The dry weight is sure low (according to brochure; jacket art shows a '71-'73 Cadillac as TV), wonder what the more realistic wet weight is.

Did anyone else notice, in a referenced thread, about the "150-lb piece of pig iron" in the coach front? Guess that's one way to get the trailer balanced and tongue weight dead-on.
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:02 AM   #15

1987 27' Argosy
Mitchell , Ontario
I too own a Travelux. any info would be greatly appreciated.
kpaliwoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:41 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

Gatineau , Quebec
Unhappy Help

This tread is very old but I am hopeful that some of you are still around. I am the owner of a crushed Travelux, 23 feet, 68ish. I was in the midst of an off shell renovation and it got crushed by ice and snow this winter. I am totally heart broken and can't let go. I an trying to find a new shell for it. It is 19' X 7'6" inside the shell. I had just completed the frame restoration (frame repaired, new floor, 4" insulation, new bellypan, new axels, new grey water tank). I think I committed a crime against humanity by not checking on it this winter. All ribs are dismantled. The roof caved in and both ends are folded. If you know of anyone that would be willing to sell on (ideally the same size), I would be forever grateful.
Juliec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 04:29 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
If you Quote an earlier post [button below and to the right] you will have a better chance of getting their attention IMO.

Also you could send a Private Message [PM] to someone.

Your thread for everyone's info:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f44/help-193411.html

Good luck,

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 01:04 PM   #18

Acton , ON
Travelux owners manual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug1939 View Post
HISTORY FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE AND INFO. GATHERED OVER THE YEARS. A gentleman by the name of Mr. Wragge, apparently started the Caravel Coach Company (manufacturer of Travelux trailers) at 15 Jutland Drive, Toronto in 1966. The manufacturing began the next year in an industrial complex in Aurora (north of Toronto). I purchased my 22' Travelux in 1967 from Russell Church Mobile Homes in Barrie Ontario. It came with the incorrect appliance/coverings color and the trailer was returned to the factory for the correct color. At this time I learned" bits and pieces": of related info. from various sources. The units were based on the U.S. Avion model. All units were completely assembled in Ontario with all the usual components....ie: Kelsey Hayes running ear/Dometic/Duo Therm etc. The trailers were overbuilt with 5" frames, and quality cabinetry and workmanship. The business was successful until the late 70's when I was told that a large order from overseas resulted in some financial problemsdo you have an owners operating maintenance manualand the company ceased operation. It was subsequently started again in the small town of Bradford. I found a very small shop with some construction and many parts...but a shadow of the former operation. I went back a few years later and it had disappeared.
MY TRAVELUX EXPERIENCE: The trailer is very well built. It has been pulled over 100,000 miles by Chryslers and Fords. Mexico/Florida/California and the east coast of Canada and the U.S. It tows beautifully (2860 lbs) and has been trouble free. We no longer use the trailer and a recent RV Trader ad produced numerous enquiries and an asking price sale. I still have the original manual/documentation.
P.S. For the interested poster......Original name plate was yellow lettering on a black background.
do you have an owner manual?
PMcC is offline   Reply With Quote