Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2012, 08:44 AM   #41
2 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2024148834.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	425.4 KB
ID:	154275

Not bad for a quickie
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2839500223.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	430.7 KB
ID:	154276  
Kittypuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
South Kingstown , Rhode Island
Kitty, it'll be amazing polished! Is the VW a Superbeetle?
Old 03-25-2012, 02:39 PM   #43
2 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globie64
Kitty, it'll be amazing polished! Is the VW a Superbeetle?

Name:	image-270798389.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	436.4 KB
ID:	154296

I was bored and figured i would burn sum calories I'm going to rent a polisher to finish it tho. Yup it's a 1970 Super, it was bought new at a VW dealership in Atlanta, it has all the books, EVERYTHING works on it, even the windshield washer, he replaced all the fuel brake lines wipers pretty much everything. The only rust is where the battery is, contrary to popular belief not all VW leak oil, in the garage after driving from Columbus Ga to Birmingham weekly it literally has a drop the size of a quarter maximum. It has a new pioneer CD player with iPod USB port and remote. It's going to be on eBay in a week or two he's moving to Wyoming
Old 03-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #44
2 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittypuke

I was bored and figured i would burn sum calories I'm going to rent a polisher to finish it tho. Yup it's a 1970 Super, it was bought new at a VW dealership in Atlanta, it has all the books, EVERYTHING works on it, even the windshield washer, he replaced all the fuel brake lines wipers pretty much everything. The only rust is where the battery is, contrary to popular belief not all VW leak oil, in the garage after driving from Columbus Ga to Birmingham weekly it literally has a drop the size of a quarter maximum. It has a new pioneer CD player with iPod USB port and remote. It's going to be on eBay in a week or two he's moving to Wyoming
The drip is from the oil plug BTW
Old 03-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
Cool VW... I had a bunch of VWs when I was in high school and after, more of a Squareback guy, but had a lot of fun with my Beetles too.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #46
2 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Cool VW... I had a bunch of VWs when I was in high school and after, more of a Squareback guy, but had a lot of fun with my Beetles too.
My grandad gave me his old air cooled van, I loved it, hated it, loved it, it seemed to have no power and there was always someone mad at me going up hills. I drove this bug and was shocked that I could keep up in traffic and hills wasn't a hassle. I think my van was just tired
Old 03-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #47
2 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:

My grandad gave me his old air cooled van, I loved it, hated it, loved it, it seemed to have no power and there was always someone mad at me going up hills. I drove this bug and was shocked that I could keep up in traffic and hills wasn't a hassle. I think my van was just tired

Name:	image-4152648433.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	440.3 KB
ID:	154298

That's all I'm doing by hand!!!!!
Old 03-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #48
2 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:

That's all I'm doing by hand!!!!!
I'm painting around the shiny part....kidding
Old 03-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #49
2 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:

I'm painting around the shiny part....kidding

Name:	image-2613166849.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	457.4 KB
ID:	154299

Lil better pic
Old 03-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #50
4 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
Penokee , Kansas
Grows on a person..

The first pictures I saw,, I felt it was the ugliest camper I had ever seen,, Over the week I have stopped by to see other folks comments and hope someone might ID this thing.. Well I'm starting to like it!

My great uncle in KC lead a Boy Scout group and had a home made trailer made to look much like what followed you home.. Sure was a nice warm spot with 15 little boys soaking wet with all our tents blown down with a thunderstorm.

And what a sharp clean Bug.. Made a good living working on them back in the 70s.. Still run a VW powered trike,,, so not only am I a Rivet head,, but also an Air Head..

Keep up the great work,, its a one of a kind for sure and a moment in history to keep alive...

Sodbust
Sodbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #51
2 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodbust
The first pictures I saw,, I felt it was the ugliest camper I had ever seen,, Over the week I have stopped by to see other folks comments and hope someone might ID this thing.. Well I'm starting to like it!

My great uncle in KC lead a Boy Scout group and had a home made trailer made to look much like what followed you home.. Sure was a nice warm spot with 15 little boys soaking wet with all our tents blown down with a thunderstorm.

And what a sharp clean Bug.. Made a good living working on them back in the 70s.. Still run a VW powered trike,,, so not only am I a Rivet head,, but also an Air Head..

Keep up the great work,, its a one of a kind for sure and a moment in history to keep alive...

Sodbust
Ha thanks exact same thing I said about my brothers new wife, but after a few glasses of wine, and squinting I thought not bad...turns out she was the talk of the town and after getting her off meth she cleaned up pretty well...kidding I had triple thoughts about it but after REALLY looking at him I think he deserves a second chance at what ever he is. I don't plan on changing anything jus getting him off the Meth
Old 03-25-2012, 04:39 PM   #52
2 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:

Ha thanks exact same thing I said about my brothers new wife, but after a few glasses of wine, and squinting I thought not bad...turns out she was the talk of the town and after getting her off meth she cleaned up pretty well...kidding I had triple thoughts about it but after REALLY looking at him I think he deserves a second chance at what ever he is. I don't plan on changing anything jus getting him off the Meth
I'm starting to think its home made, but who ever did it obviously took a lot of effort and time, so one of a kind either way, and who can turn down an adopted kid
Old 03-25-2012, 05:08 PM   #53
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
yeah, mutts make the best dogs. I think it's so cool, and you can have so much fun with it. How much does it weigh?
Old 03-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #54
2 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
yeah, mutts make the best dogs. I think it's so cool, and you can have so much fun with it. How much does it weigh?
Dunno yet, my dad suggested taking it to a truck stop scale. So after I get the outside pretty I will do that. When I brought it home it was like it wasn't even there using a Yukon. Can't be too bad since there's nothing in it and all aluminum except the tongue. I did take it to a shop and have the frame reinforced, new inner tubes, and bearings greased. I stayed at 15mph on the highway..., (kidding) but everyone stayed away from me. Pretty scary looking and when I stopped for gas everyone wanted taco's from me
Old 03-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #55
4 Rivet Member

Grand Prairie , Texas
Thumbs up

It sure is a cute trailer and looks like your TLC is paying off as well!
Best wishes for you and your new mutt!!
TRfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #56
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
It is an engrossing search for information. Might be home made, might not.

As for older VW's, I had a used second generation fuel injected Microbus I got in a trade in 1985. It didn't leak oil when I got it, but later, yes, yes, yes. One quart/100 miles. The air cooled engines were way out of date, but they stuck with them for more years than they should have. It was fast compared to other VW's and could even go 60 plus in the Rockies.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:06 PM   #57
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
tallahassee , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittypuke View Post
I'm starting to think its home made, but who ever did it obviously took a lot of effort and time, so one of a kind either way, and who can turn down an adopted kid
You need to get in touch with Juergen Eichermueller. You can reach him through his website at: www.allmanufacturedhomes.com , or through the Vintage Trailer Treasures group vintagetrailertreasures@yahoogroups.com .

He has a massive collection of trailer information and although there where hundreds of manufacturers: he still might know what you've got.

Carol
tallytwo1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:13 AM   #58
4 Rivet Member

Grand Prairie , Texas
Post I'm Still Convinced

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
It is an engrossing search for information. Might be home made, might not.

As for older VW's, I had a used second generation fuel injected Microbus I got in a trade in 1985. It didn't leak oil when I got it, but later, yes, yes, yes. One quart/100 miles. The air cooled engines were way out of date, but they stuck with them for more years than they should have. It was fast compared to other VW's and could even go 60 plus in the Rockies.

Gene
That KP's trailer is of kit origin! Direct, and or an derivative there of! Granted a puzzler, although maybe someone out here will find an answer that the rest of us could not.
TRfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:15 AM   #59
2 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallytwo1994

You need to get in touch with Juergen Eichermueller. You can reach him through his website at: www.allmanufacturedhomes.com , or through the Vintage Trailer Treasures group vintagetrailertreasures@yahoogroups.com .

He has a massive collection of trailer information and although there where hundreds of manufacturers: he still might know what you've got.

Carol
Thank Carol! I will hit him up. I looked through the pix. It looks like a teardrop on steroids the stove and icebox, sink set up all point to that. They match the era is was built, so I think they where purchased new. The silver box in the picture is the fresh water tank, and there is a military gas can looking thing as the grey water tank.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #60
2 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
ogden , Utah
I'm late to this thread, but would love to see photos.

I tried the link, but only got to see the vw and motorhome.
pullswitha40 is offline   Reply With Quote