Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2005, 11:38 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Send a message via AIM to true1977 Send a message via Yahoo to true1977
Exclamation So I bought a Silver Streak.

On ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT
I had stumbled across an old spartanette but it was just to much work and too big for my intentions.
I know this is an airstream forum but I see everyone is pretty much Alumi-friendly. I've not seen many Silver Streak pages/info Anyone have any great links for me?Any problems with this model or brand I should be aware of particularly? Much appreciated.
I ended up getting a GREAT deal on the S.S. with a trade on a ATV trailer I have factored in. I am still a bit shocked that I bought it after much looking this just went so smoothly. So I truck on up to Iowa in late september to do trailer trade and complete the whole thing. Really happy. Ridiculously happy actually... now I am attempting to buy my dream tow vehicle similar vintage (65) If I do I will definitely post pics.
I am interested in painting the stripe on the SS a different color... I realize it is anondized(sp?) aluminum... is this do-able by a lay person(what product?) or should I leave it to professionals? I know I'm rambling... Thanks in advance, True
true1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 11:46 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1968 28' Ambassador
Butte , Montana
Send a message via MSN to C Johnson Send a message via Yahoo to C Johnson
Nice find, I almost bought a 28 ss. too long for the drive way. They only wanted 1200 for it. It was a steal. I passed. Good luck with your new tt. I don't know of any Silver Streak forums. But I am sure you can post in the off topic forums here.

Chris
C Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 12:15 AM   #3

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
I think the guy who used to host the Vintage Airstream mailing list is a SS guy. Do a little searching on Google and see what you come up with.

I think a lot of what we've learned about Airstreams can be applied, so you're welcome to hang around and learn what you can. I don't think anyone will chase you away

You were wise to know your limits and leave the Spartanette behind. It did sound like a lot of work. Hopefully someone else will save it. Good luck with your new toy!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 12:26 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
True,
Congrats on your find..
Here's an excellent link to SS info..
Just be sure to come on back when you're finish....lol
http://tompatterson.com/Silverstreak/Silverstreak.html
ciao
53FC
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 06:30 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
I think the guy who used to host the Vintage Airstream mailing list is a SS guy. Do a little searching on Google and see what you come up with.

I think a lot of what we've learned about Airstreams can be applied, so you're welcome to hang around and learn what you can. I don't think anyone will chase you away

You were wise to know your limits and leave the Spartanette behind. It did sound like a lot of work. Hopefully someone else will save it. Good luck with your new toy!

I really do hope someone will rescue it. I;ve looked and googled an yahoooooed but not a ton of SS pages out there... compared to AS info anyway but yeah I think I can apply alot from AS. Thanks for the reply.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:33 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Johnson
Nice find, I almost bought a 28 ss. too long for the drive way. They only wanted 1200 for it. It was a steal. I passed. Good luck with your new tt. I don't know of any Silver Streak forums. But I am sure you can post in the off topic forums here.

Chris
What a great deal... yeah 28' is a bit much for me...I'm a solo and my Tow vehicle is a 65 cadillac. 24 is juuuust right. Thanks for the well wishes.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:53 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Dighton , Kansas
Hello,

I know this is an old thread but was wondering if you ever painted the gold section of your Silver Streak? I am looking in to this for my 73'

Regards,

Mitch
arhuranna is offline   Reply With Quote