Old 10-01-2008, 03:28 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

hermiston , Oregon
Question??? Avion Trailer 1973

Sorry Folks, I am in the wrong spot i know....but i need someone expert knowledge.... I have a 1973 Avion La Grande 28' that have recently completely overhauled to today's modern look. I am just wondering what it could sell for?? Everything from holding tanks, a converter to water heater and sub floor replaced. The cabinets have been reface painted with modern hardware and also new wood lam. flooring through out. Any way i could figure out some price point that would be great. It looks amazing now and i had so much fun with this progect i want to do another!!! Thank you all

Old 10-01-2008, 04:35 PM   #2
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Welcome! We love all kinds of aluminum here, so you're in the right spot. Do you have any pictures of your Avion to share? That might help us get a better idea.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:05 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

hermiston , Oregon
Hey thanks for the responce!!! I post some photos in My pictures call 1973 Avion Camper project, again thanks!
Old 10-01-2008, 08:30 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1967 24' Tradewind
1975 31' Sovereign
Estancia , New Mexico
My impression is there is not as consistant market for Avions as Airstreams, so it might take a bit longer to get the right price. If you want top dollar you might want to have it professionally appraised. I think a 73 was still made by Cayo rather than Fleetwood which would make it more collectable, but I'm not sure. My first guess based on your description is about 10K. But lets see the photos.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:12 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
1968 30' Sovereign
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Mosheim , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
Longhorn541, Does your Avion have any interior beds or sofas? It was difficult to tell from the pictures.
visit my restoration blog at:
Silverhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:23 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

hermiston , Oregon
I have a interior queen bed and the front is being rebuilt with a sofa that will convert into a full sized bed. I am how i am going put a table up front yet. The previous owner took what was original and built in banquet seating which was nice but did not suit our family. I am not looking to flip this camper, i love it. I am just hoping i got a decent deal so when i want another i can re-coop. I have a new passion, we've has quite a few campers from a toyhauler (JUNK) never ever buy one!!! to the typical 70's orange. But these little campers are just so freaking cool and have such history so we are hooked!!!.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:00 AM   #7

Ingram , Texas
I have had three Airstreams and a Sliver Streak. Personally, I think the Avion is a super trailer, and yours sounds like it is very nice. A friend had been trying to sell a '73, 26 footer for a while. It was completely restored, it was beautiful, I wish I had bought it. He tried ebay, other web sites , (tin can, etc..) for several months and finally sold it locally for quite a bit less than he was asking. He started at 12,500 and sold it 7500 even though he spent 15K on the restore. I have followed sales on most of the silver trailers and that situation is not unusual. A/S holds $ value better than Avion. There is a streamline down the street, exterior rough, interior clean, deer camp special. The price is dropping weekly.
You should consider keep poking around for more info on values. Sadly, the value for your trailer may not meet your expectations. That statement is true for a lot of stuff, but for older non-Airstreams it is pretty accurate.
Good luck and if possible be patient.
Chick
Old 10-08-2008, 11:18 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

hermiston , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chick View Post
I have had three Airstreams and a Sliver Streak. Personally, I think the Avion is a super trailer, and yours sounds like it is very nice. A friend had been trying to sell a '73, 26 footer for a while. It was completely restored, it was beautiful, I wish I had bought it. He tried ebay, other web sites , (tin can, etc..) for several months and finally sold it locally for quite a bit less than he was asking. He started at 12,500 and sold it 7500 even though he spent 15K on the restore. I have followed sales on most of the silver trailers and that situation is not unusual. A/S holds $ value better than Avion. There is a streamline down the street, exterior rough, interior clean, deer camp special. The price is dropping weekly.
You should consider keep poking around for more info on values. Sadly, the value for your trailer may not meet your expectations. That statement is true for a lot of stuff, but for older non-Airstreams it is pretty accurate.
Good luck and if possible be patient.
Chick

I see what your saying.....thankfully i bought the thing in pretty good working order for only 2k and am a do it your self-er and so is my husband. I know with each stage we finish up with we just sit back a say wow!! We have renovated homes and hated every min. but this is the only thing we have both enjoyed together when it comes to a project that is.......but thank you for all the info and keep it coming to this new-bee