Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Vintage Kin
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ventport View Post
Looks like it has a wet bath, I hate wet baths, everything gets soaked when you take a shower.
MICROFIBER rags - gotta love them! Even though I don't have a wet bath in my current (#3) Airstream, one trick I use religiously is to wipe the shower down after every use with (A) scrubbing bubbles - pick your brand of cleaner and (B) a microfiber rag. It prevents mineral deposits from forming on the glass door, trim and fiberglass. I do NOT rinse the cleaner off, but leave it to cause the water to sheet off with the next shower. About once every two months - I clean it super well and wax it with auto polish. (The EB's shower surround is stark white and shows dirt more than the almond Safari one did.)

The wipe down works better than a shower squeegee - and in a wet bath there's just a small amount more to wipe down. It also wrings out so much dryer than cotton, that it never gets funky smelling like other rags. If you buy these at an auto parts store they're much less expensive than at fancy bed & bath store.

They are also ideal for wiping down the Airstream and truck when water restrictions prohibit washing. One wet rag - wiped very gently so as not to scratch anything because of imbedded dirt followed by one clean and well rung one to finish. Do about 4-8 sq. feet with each, then toss in "dirty" bucket. You can do a whole truck with 2 gallons of water and 10-12 towels. then just launder the towels. With the Airstream I usually just wipe her nose down to get all the bugs off and touch up here and there around the wheel wells.

Paula
Old 09-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #22
1 Rivet Member

Vandervoort , Arkansas
I talked to a former 17' Oliver owner that sold his smaller Oliver and has ordered a new 22'. Said he needed more room to camp with children. He also mentioned ducted heat and air in the floor. I am wondering if that is standard ? Any one actually seen a 22' ? My wife and I owned a 17' when we first went full timing. It was a little small for us and we traded up to a fifthwheel. Thanks to the membership of this forum for all the great information. We have been mostly lurking here since 2008.
mountainborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Hey there Mountainborn and Butcherknife

Hi Mountianborn and Betty,

Just saying hello to you both. This is the couple that drove up to Estes Park the summer you were the camp hosts. We tent camped on a cold night just before you closed up for the summer. We had been dragging our feet getting a Oliver due to cost and then they had the health issues and shut down. We ended up getting a Airstream and now hand out over here. We visit the Oliver Forums to see how you guys are doing. We are so happy they back in production.

Wishing you both the best.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote