Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Vintage Kin
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-01-2015, 11:29 AM   #1

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Sacramento , California
Need photos of heavy dual aluminum hinge mounting

Hi,
I am going to modify my coach to install the heavy dual (2 separate) aluminum entrance door hinges so I can easily add an internal screen door. What would help immensely would be a couple of photos of the hinge mounting detail of what the open door mounting internals looks like. It seems like I need to cut an additional offset where the hinges for the screen door come inward toward the door. Just taking a couple of photos of your inside hinge mounting area with the door open and screen door both closed and open against the door would really help. I do not need anyone get inside the door internals to photo the inside mounting of the hinge to the door itself, as in the backup mounting plates inside the door. You could send the photos to my email address which is larry at forman dot net. Many thanks,

Larry Forman
larryforman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:59 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
What year trailer are you working on?

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryforman View Post
Hi,
I am going to modify my coach to install the heavy dual (2 separate) aluminum entrance door hinges so I can easily add an internal screen door. What would help immensely would be a couple of photos of the hinge mounting detail of what the open door mounting internals looks like. It seems like I need to cut an additional offset where the hinges for the screen door come inward toward the door. Just taking a couple of photos of your inside hinge mounting area with the door open and screen door both closed and open against the door would really help. I do not need anyone get inside the door internals to photo the inside mounting of the hinge to the door itself, as in the backup mounting plates inside the door. You could send the photos to my email address which is larry at forman dot net. Many thanks,

Larry Forman
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:05 PM   #3

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Sacramento , California
Please cancel request for photos of door hinges.

As it happens, I found a neighbor that has a new AirStream and I was able to see what I needed. Many thanks.

BTW, the RV is a 1970 Ultravan that is powered by an Olds Toronado located in the back with 375 hp. A very unique classic RV. Do a google search for more info.

Regards,

Larry Forman
larryforman is offline   Reply With Quote