Old 09-01-2008, 01:44 AM   #1
Currently Looking...
Hamilton , Montana
Is this a good deal?

Hello everyone,
Just found this forum and it is a awesome site sorry i had to make my first post about an avion but just cant afford an AS.
I found a 27 foot avion that i haven't got to look at it up close yet but from the pics it looks to be in good condition and the guy says everything works.He is asking 3000 for it is it a good deal if not what would you offer.

Thanks in advance Todd

Name:   trailer.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  7.1 KB

Name:   trailer2.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  7.3 KB

Name:   trailer3.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  8.1 KB

madeen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:11 AM   #2
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Welcome to the forums. A family came through here in a slightly smaller Avion slightly smaller and older than the one you are looking at. They paid about the same as that for it.
Something all trailers share is tires, and many of the appliances. If the tires are less than 4 years old, proper weight rating, and good tread, and the appliances all work properly (a/c and fridge especially), wheel bearings have been recently repacked, brakes work, etc, etc, then it probably is a reasonable amount.
BTW, we paid $2700 for our Sovereign, in not quite as good condition as the Avion appears to be.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:29 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Airstreams are more of an icon than Avion which is a more of a factor in their higher value than quality. Avion fans argue they are made better in several respects such as a heavier frame and thicker better insulated walls. Avions were also a family business until bought out by Fleetwood in the 70s.

Beware of the famous last words "everything works".

The price looks OK from the limited information you provided. There are also more Airstreams out there than Avions and if you hang in there you should be able to find one in your price range.
Sail on silver girl. Sail on by. Your time has come to shine.
Lumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:39 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
You didn't say what year the Avion was. That's not a bad price from the looks of the pictures; however, AS trailers can be found for that price or just a little more. I am not rich and now I have both the AS Argosy (24ft) and a beautiful old Sovereign (31ft). The longer Sovereign was much less than the Argosy. We have it at the lake and have done virtually nothing to it except replace the frig. and put some cosmetic labor into making it look the way we want it to. By the way, I do like Avions; however, I had an Airstream long ago and just couldn't get the thrill of pulling that 1967. It's been a long wait, but I just had to go with the AS again. They are grand vintage units.
Judy At Home in Oklahoma
juel is offline   Reply With Quote