Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Vintage Kin
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-11-2006, 01:18 AM   #21

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
How interesting! You should look that name up, especially if you think the family may have been involved in the whichcraft trials. My husband's mom did geneology, and traced her family back to one of the women who was executed as a witch in the Salem trials! There is tons of information available about the familys involved in that atrocity. From what we have learned, there was no purposeful practicing of whichcraft involved, just a lot of fingerpointing, and horribly unfair trials designed to force people to confess or be executed - fine choices that!

It's a fascinating part of our history, and holds lessons for why a fair trial is such an important part of the freedoms we cherish. I'm glad Dave's mom found a family connection which gave us a reason to examine the historical documents and really learn about it.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 02:05 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
sunnyvale , California
Rivet aero flyte trailer

kevin,hello again, while i am off the subject of the airstream trailer for a final moment i thought id share a couple other of my finds.i had two friends that were aircraft nuts.one which i was restoring two 30s chrysler cars ,a coupe and a the other a convertile ,rumble seat roadster with twin side fendermounted tires.these two guys were neighbors with shops at their houses.the other guy in his at home shop built a one seventh scale boeing 707 from scratch powered by honda prelude that actually flies.i mean he did this like a little side project and did all the fuselage ,wings,chromemoly,zinc plating etc at his house took it out to the airport and flew it.his and the other guys main interst other than 30s chrysler,was the stearman aircraft.the once fetched one of them which they brought back to life that was flown into a hillside in the mountains near utah.after seeing the tail end of it sticking out ,.and with the help of another friend who was in the oil rigging industry and had the nescessary means and equpment they did remove and eventually restore it.i remember seeing the rear machine gun tiller and the live rounds were still in it.but more on the documentation side of my finds was when i was in the autobody business in the 1980s.next to the first shop i had in cambell ca was the rw allen co.thet were coach makers from san carlos.they also owned the genie garage door co.the lady who had survived the husband i was friendly with.she was in her 80s and would talk to me occasionally while i would work on cars.one day she was telling me how they were taken over by the federal govt in the 1940s and required to build tanks and military equip by the fed govt and cease other oroductions.she asked me if i wanted to come over and look through her things.her husband also had a hand in the designing of the corvair for gm,while we were rummaging through some stainless channel that i was interested in,which was left over from a bus that her husband built in the 1930s for king saud of saudi arabia,which she was telling me all about,she recalled the shipping order and pardon grant to deliver by the fed govt,she opened her safe to show me the pictures and blueprints of the coach,the stainless windshield tubing was used on that i was buying,she pulled out stacks of blueprints that were sitting in the r.w allen co safe from everything from the corvair to two man push pull railroad carts and everything her husband held the patent for,but much of the documents,drawings,blueprints were signed by walter p chrysler which i was very interested in .it turned out her husband was friendly with walter p chrysler,and she used to sit in and take shorthand of their meets when he would stop by the facility.needless to say she wouldnt part with any of the ever so detailed original drawings and blueprints ,but i viewed each one of them as she told me more of their history and operations during the war years that their bus productions were put on hold,documentation is everything
wayne wunder ,w.b.c.c.i./v.a.c.#4287 1962 19ft globetrotter
wunderful62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 02:36 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
sunnyvale , California
Rivet documentation

stephanie thanks for the input to that thread .from what i heard when i talked to people one that subject was that ergotamine was also responsible for a lot of the early settlers being spooked into such things .this was before they had learned to pasteurize milk used in bread when processing wheat and grain.the ergot fungus,but thats a thread for another site,and im not sure i want to go to it.kevin, in the 1980s we restored an orange 1969 z28 camaro.owned by reggiie jackson.it was an all aluminum big block,one of 12 total built for that year, with that powerplant.more important it was no 1 of 12 and that alone amounted for 85000.00.i think fred caldwell gave you good advice about the bankruptcy,i had been wanting to speak to him also but unfortunately he isnt going to make the intl rally,cheers to you too stephanie.my computer says ;youve done it again magoo"and this time for me that means it is time for bed . thanks to all.
wayne wunder ,w.b.c.c.i./v.a.c.#4287 1962 19ft globetrotter
wunderful62 is offline   Reply With Quote