Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Vintage Kin
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-12-2016, 05:01 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Ormond Beach , Florida
Florida Historic Tag

I will attempt to have Florida Statute 320.086 revised to allow vintage trailers to use historical license tags. Currently the FS states . . . Any person who is the registered owner of a motor vehicle as defined in this section and manufactured in the model year 1974 or earlier may apply to the department for permission to use a historical Florida license plate that clearly represents the model year of the vehicle as a personalized prestige license plate. This plate shall be furnished by such person and shall be presented to the department with a reasonable fee to be determined by the department for approval and for authentication that the historic license plate and any applicable decals were issued by this state in the same year as the model year of the car or truck vehicle.

I will request that the words motor, car or truck be removed thus allowing the owners of all vehicle, including vintage trailers, manufactured in 1974 or earlier to use the Florida tag that represents the model year of their vehicle(s).

I need your help in showing our state representatives that the Florida vintage trailer community is in favor of this revision. If you are in favor of this change, would you email me? In the body of the email, would you state I'm in favor of the Florida Statute 320.086 revision and include your name and zip code. I will present these emails as well as the petition form I plan to have signed at various vintage trailer rallies around Florida to my state representatives prior to the 2017 legislative session.

Thank You.
Larry Scovotto
floridalarry@me.com
WBAC #1021
Ormond Beach, FL
1966 20' Globe Trotter
2015 Nissan Frontier SL
floridalarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 05:59 AM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Larry, they can add the words "trailer" or "towed vehicle" to the statute to make it mean the same thing. It might be an easier sell, many government agencies seem to think it's sacrilege to remove any wording from a statute, but will be more than happy to add more words.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:32 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Ormond Beach , Florida
I will contact my local representative and see what would work best. Thanks for the suggestion.
WBAC #1021
Ormond Beach, FL
1966 20' Globe Trotter
2015 Nissan Frontier SL
Old 05-21-2016, 07:42 PM   #4
So it Begins

1965 24' Tradewind
Lake Worth , Florida
Thumbs up

Will your petition address the verbiage to allow a (new issue) Antique Plate as well as a "found" historic plate of the correct year? Just curious. Sent you an email already in support.
vintagepatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 01:37 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Ormond Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagepatch View Post
Will your petition address the verbiage to allow a (new issue) Antique Plate as well as a "found" historic plate of the correct year? Just curious. Sent you an email already in support.
I believe you can already have an antique (new) plate, but not a personalized prestige tag. If you have a 1965 antique tag, you may want to go to the tag office and check with them. It needs to be pristine . . . no rust, scratched, dents, etc. Let me know what you find out. I will bring up the subject when I meet with my state senator.
WBAC #1021
Ormond Beach, FL
1966 20' Globe Trotter
2015 Nissan Frontier SL