New to the forum and hoping to gather some information. My wife and I recently inherited a Streamline Empress from her Grandpa who passed. The trailer needs some love and is sitting up in the weeds in Young, AZ and hasn't moved in 10 years or so. I know it will need the basics to get it somewhat mobile you know tires, bearings, check electrical etc. I am handy mechanical so not too worried about it but the problem is that Young isn't exactly a big area and its about 30 miles of dirt road switchbacks before you hit an actual highway. So I have a couple questions so I can gather up all the needed parts because you can't exactly run to the local AutoZone.
For reference the Vin on the trailer is E864728
1. What tends to be the value of these? Outside is in fair-good shape no tears in any of the aluminum some dents from over the years. All tail light pieces seem to be there. All major interior pieces seem to be there although we would gut it and remodel with new wiring plumbing etc. I will get some pics up soon to help with this but looking for a general number. For instance if you saw one sitting in the field what would you pay for it. And if you saw one that was rolling and moveable but needed a remodel what is a fair number. Really trying to get a gauge if its worth it for us to sink the money into or is it better left to the hands of someone else.
2. What is the bolt pattern on the wheels? I measured 15" 5x5 but i want to be sure as I plan on picking up some wheels and tires here in the valley and just putting them on. I was going to run a 235/75/15 tire is this too tall or does a 205 trailer tire work just as well?
3. Part numbers for wheel bearings and seals? I am hoping I can repack the existing ones but you usually always need new seals to get the inner bearing out.
4. Brakes? Do they interchange with any passenger vehicles or trucks like a Chevelle, or pickup?
5. What size is the hitch ball on these? i forgot to grab a couple sizes when I left home I am guessing with a trailer that size its 2 5/16"
It looks like a project alright. Those streaks are well built though. There are other members on here that have experience with them and may be able to offer you some advice! Hopefully one of them chimes in.
I paid 5k for mine. I am the third owner and it is in mostly good original condition.
I have been running kumho lt 225/75R16 on my streamline. Not sure if I'd put the E load rated tires on it again, though I haven't had any problems. The PO had LT 245/75R16 on it.The rims are 16"x7(?)" 6 lug, 5.5" bolt pattern. Hope this helps.
'67 29' Streamline Empress
'05 Toyota Sequoia 4x4
'65 Buick Electra 225 convt.
I know I saw 5 lug axles on it now I am concerned if I was seeing things. Can I get away with running an LT tires and not trailer rated tires? If so thats great because they are a bit cheaper. Remember this is just to get it home and then it will sit for the remodel or sale. Jury is still out trying to buy a house in the mix of all of this...Joy!
Thanks for the info on the 2" ball I have a couple of those sitting around so we will be good
I have a Chevy 2500 HD so not worried about enough truck to pull it or tongue weight. Rescue mission may happen the 1st weekend in March the wife and I have time off for NASCAR here in AZ but if we don't go out for that we will embark on the rescue.