Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Globetrotter > 1970 - 1978 Globetrotter
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-24-2015, 07:06 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Victor , New York
71 Globetrotter value

Hi all! I recently found out that a woman living around the block from me (mind you, this is a country block) has a 1971 Globetrotter that she wants to sell. A mutual friend introduced us and I offered to help. Where would I start with trying to determine a good price for this? Its mostly original but very well cared for with some minor modern upgrades.
mprokop87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:17 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
I would say to start with a thorough inspection (ie., folllow the buyer's inspection checklist from the portal page). Once that is complete, you will know what you are up against. Just to frame the spectrum of possibilities, if the shell is in good shape, but you find that there is so much perimeter rot and frame damage that a shell-off is required, then I would say a price of $2-3k is appropriate. If floor and frame are mostly sound and all it needs is some "fixing up," then it could get anywhere from $5-9k on Ebay. Speaking of which, you might check Ebay completed listings to see what people are actually paying. I always find that trailers on Ebay get bid up higher than they are actually worth, but I suppose that things are worth what people are willing to pay for them, and prices seem to be going up.

good luck!
Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 08:49 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Victor , New York
Thanks for the pointer. I already looked on there and found only one similar unit that was gutted and needed a bunch of frame work and it had a single bid for $5k. I think I will tell her to start her sale in the 9k range and take a little less if offered. Her unit is very solid with a good floor and frame. The biggest thing for the trailer would be some attention to the exterior, however, its not necessary. Once the weather warms up in the spring, I will go through it with the checklist and possibly post it in the airclassifieds for her.
mprokop87 is offline   Reply With Quote