Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > Photography
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-30-2018, 06:02 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Orlando , Florida
Post Processing setup

Didn't see this addressed on a search, but did see the usual "what camera to buy" and "What Software". Definitely if fulltiming, but even an extended one or two week trip, How do you set up computers for post processing when on the road? While I don't really like working from a laptop, my 15" MBP does work, would prefer to set up an iMac (or a PC, but it is bulky if not an all-in-one.) With non-Airstreams in the 25-28' range, relatively simple to get a bunk model and strip out the bunk, making an office. But Airstream floorplans don't support that option. What do people do?
tizeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 07:00 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Lake Havasu City , Arizona
Office/photo setup

I bought an International Serenity 27FB last year and wanted an office setup for photo and other work. It wasn't hard. The rear dinette setup has a long couch on the driver's side and a shorter bench on the passenger side. Here's what the rear area looked like as Airstream built the rig:

I removed the short bench by undoing a bunch of screws, put down a chair mat to protect the cheap Airstream flooring, and put in a standard rolling office chair:

It makes a very comfortable setup for Photoshop and other work using my 15" MacBook Pro. (I used to use a 27" iMac, but since I mostly boondock, keeping up with its power needs was a chore.)
Paprika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 07:08 PM   #3
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by tizeye View Post
Didn't see this addressed on a search, but did see the usual "what camera to buy" and "What Software". Definitely if fulltiming, but even an extended one or two week trip, How do you set up computers for post processing when on the road? While I don't really like working from a laptop, my 15" MBP does work, would prefer to set up an iMac (or a PC, but it is bulky if not an all-in-one.) With non-Airstreams in the 25-28' range, relatively simple to get a bunk model and strip out the bunk, making an office. But Airstream floorplans don't support that option. What do people do?
Get a 30' Bunk, remove the lower bed, remove the mattress from the bunk, make a work area where the bed was, and overhead storage where the bunk is. You would need to make an enclosure for the water heater, so you don't kick the water lines or power cables for it. You can use a VESA mount for an iMac where the rear television would normally mount.