Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > Photography
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-15-2005, 01:55 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2013 23' FB International
2005 28' International CCD
Petaluma , California
!! Pictures on the road !!!

Hello everyone!

My wife and I are on our maiden voyage, and about 4 weeks in to a 6+ month road trip. I loaded a ton of low res photos onto ofoto.com (a lot easier than trying to put onto a gallery on this forum). Feel free to view the photos at:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...&x=0&y=-v34jyd

You don't need to join ofoto. Just double-click on the photo of the airstream and it will start the slide show. (Warning: 145 photos or so). If you want the whole story behind our trip, PM me! I'll responde whenever we have internet access.

Also, if anyone has advice on the following thread, please let me know:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmimi
... we'll have to head to Windish RV Center in Lakewood CO (near Denver), Ardell Brown Auto & RV in Sandy UT (near SLC), or Bretz RV & Marine in Missoula MT but this time we'll make a reservation on the road as the dealers seem to be at least a week out. If anyone has any pro/con comments on any of the above service depts, that would be great. Thanks!
http://www.airforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=16895

Thanks! I'll post more photos as the trip progresses. We are currently in Santa Fe NM and on Saturday head to Durango CO. We also met our very first airstreamforums members, Mary and Gary from Texas, while we were at the KOA in Albuquerque NM. Nice to see some of us out there!

- Mike & Angela & our son/dog Kenzie
Titus Moto Lite, Nerve Cruiser
Mike, Angela, the kiddies & 10 yr old puppy, Kenzie, our Golden Retriever and best friend ever
sarmimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 02:22 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
I had some "work" done at Bretz RV last summer. It was a disaster! Everything they touched they made worse. I would never go within 1000 miles of that place again. I ended up taking my trailer to Jackson Center at the end of the summer to correct many of the problems Bretz caused. However, I still have an extra hole in my trailer's roof that Bretz put there when they repositioned the J-hook that secures my main awning, when it did not need to be moved and after I instructed them NOT to move it.

John
Old 06-15-2005, 03:11 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Let me know if you need any advice/ideas/directions/suggestions in Durango.....

Ken J.
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 03:27 PM   #4
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Those are some sweet pics....very nice!
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 03:43 PM   #5
Remember Burma Shave!

2006 19' Safari
2000 25' Safari
1985 25' Sovereign
Fort Myers , SW.Florida
Sharing travels ...

Mike, Angela & Kenzie,

WOW ... Great pictures and thanks so much for sharing. They are a pleasure for those of us who are not putting on the miles at this time. I certainly enjoyed them.

Aren't digital cameras wonderful. Imagine doing that a few years ago!
Why don't you have Kenzie take a picture of the two of you together

By-the-way, the black light pictures in the Moqui Caves are being dislpayed under license from my college bedroom ceiling

Additionaly, nice pix of Maui. Was it difficult to get the Airstream there!!!
NORM #3305

"... there is nothing you can't fix yourself ...
... if you're handy ...
... with a check book! ..."
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 03:52 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Great great photos!!!
67caravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 04:37 PM   #7
Cartoon Character

2004 34' Classic
On The Road , U.S.A.
Nice photos ... especially Radio Shag!

TrailerGypsies.com
WBCCI #3405 — Escapees #80360

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
-- Willie Dixon
Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 05:01 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmimi
Hello everyone!

My wife and I are on our maiden voyage, and about 4 weeks in to a 6+ month road trip. .....

drool drool drool We love the car too and just love to swim - we don't take up too much bed space either. Moms and Pops they bought me a Wal-Mart Bed but sometimes I have to share it with the girl in the white coat - looks like you are having a real cool holiday Kenzie - I met my first cow and rolled in it's perfume for the first time ever on our short road trip to Vermont - also got myself a nasty shock from the cow fence - so it will be a time to remember.

Now onto us humans - fabulous pictures - can't wait to travel the west one day - Thanks for sharing your adventures with us....okay dying to know - how is it that you are traveling 6+months on a road trip????? cause we got to get us that kind of road trip before we are 45

Safe Travels - and if your 6+ months takes you up near eastern Ontario Cnd be sure to look us up.

It was way to hot to re-pack the car nicely from picking up the Overlander - Haily normally sleeps up the middle but I guess she was real tired from all the farm smells and excitement of the trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Love the Car.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	12846  
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 06:16 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2004 22' International CCD
Spotsylvania , Virginia
Loved the photos, especially Yosemite.
2004 22' CCD
1997 F-150
TAC VA-12
AIR# 4749
ex WBCCI# 1430
rseagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 07:59 PM   #10
Rivet Master

Thanks for sharing. Now we can save a lot of diesel by not going to some of those places, cauz we just saw them.
Tinsel Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 09:03 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Rural, blink and you'll miss it , Missouri
What a great trip! Thanks for the vacation! I suppose I have to go back to work now...

Eljay

1968 Tradewind Double.
eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 06:35 AM   #12
3 Rivet Member

road trip pictures

your pictures are terrific and your travels are enviable. i enjoyed the information.

the site where the pictures are stored was either busy or just plain slow as the slide show ran somewhat slowly even with broadband.

rtaylor
rtaylor537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 09:31 PM   #13
3 Rivet Member

WOW, what a great first trip! We head out Saturday for our first "official" camping trip (we purchased in Oregon and camped our way home in October) and can't wait especially after seeing those beautiful pics!

We're all enjoying your journey

Barb
Rhodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 02:47 PM   #14
3 Rivet Member

Petaluma , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfisher
I had some "work" done at Bretz RV last summer. It was a disaster! Everything they touched they made worse. I would never go within 1000 miles of that place again.
John
Thanks John. I think we'll just wait until we get back to CA and have it serviced by the dealer who sold us our trailer. A lot of little things are starting to come up, but we can live with them. Would rather spend time traveling rather than waiting for the trailer in the shop!

I've got a bunch more photos from AZ, NM, and CO. Will post as soon as I save down to an uploadable size (i.e. lower resolution).

BTW, have met a number of other Airstreamers on our continued travels. I just have to say that we seem to be THE COOLEST BUNCH of folks our there RVing!!!!

- Mike & Angela & our son/dog Kenzie
Mike, Angela, the kiddies & 10 yr old puppy, Kenzie, our Golden Retriever and best friend ever
Old 07-01-2005, 11:16 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member

Petaluma , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
....okay dying to know - how is it that you are traveling 6+months on a road trip????? cause we got to get us that kind of road trip before we are 45
Long story, but here is the short version....

My wife Angela had back surgery in April 2004. Docs expected her to fully recover after about 6 - 9 mos. But of course, she didn't. Still had a lot of the complications post surgery as she had pre surgery. Doc finally put his foot down and said, "You haven't recovered b/c you went back to work about a month after surgery. You were supposed to take at least 6 mos off, no stress, no work, no nothing except recuperation and a little bit of physical therapy. SO STOP WORKING!!!!!"

Well, we'd been talking about a trip like this for about 3 years, and we realized that our client work was always going to be there (we run our own interior design and construction/remodel management company - turn key remodels mostly), so we decided to shut down the business for a while, sell our homes, buy the A/S, and enjoy life while we can appreciate it. Now, after 7 weeks into the trip, Angela said she has been able to walk w/out pain for the first time in about 5 years (she was wheel chair bound prior to surgery). So the trip and relaxation has done her wonders. Ah yes, our dog Kenzie loves that we are around all the time to play with him. He thinks this trip is only for his benefit!

BTW, I'm 37 and Angela 34, and for anyone in any age group, I highly recommend to just get out there and start Airstreaming as soon as you can. Life is much too short....
Old 07-01-2005, 12:55 PM   #16
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
Mike and Angela.

I want to be you when I'm reincarnated....what a trip, and just about the right lenghth of time to do what you are doing. With us there would always be the chance that we may never come home though, until money ran out.

Happy and safe travels.

Jonathan
Old 07-01-2005, 03:21 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2004 22' International CCD
Spotsylvania , Virginia
Mike and Angela,

That's a great story. You're right, "life is too short". While I'm 49, and still have to work (for my family and my pension), I decided not to wait to get an Airstream. We bought a 2004 CCD last year and have had some real special family time together. While my two daughters don't show their enthusiam, I know that these times spent in some really neat places will be something they'll hold dear in their memories for the rest of their lives. I only wish I had bought an AS years sooner. Have a great adventure.
2004 22' CCD
1997 F-150
TAC VA-12
AIR# 4749
ex WBCCI# 1430
rseagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:19 PM   #18
1 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
Winterville , North Carolina
We really enjoyed the pictures and look forward to the time when we can do the same! Thanks Leland and Gail
ford8n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 03:47 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

Acworth , Georgia
Photogenius

Cool photography which captures a great deal of fun and beauty.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:32 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

1977 25' Caravanner
Jeffersonville , Kentucky
The Pictures and stories were Awesome !!! Good luck and good health in your travels, Your travels are what most dream of !!!!! Thanks for sharing them with us !!!!
scf31 is offline   Reply With Quote