Old 01-01-2009, 12:51 PM   #43
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY

I'd rather look back at our first AS ....

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	959649-R1-12-8A_010.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	229.8 KB
ID:	73223   Click image for larger version

Name:	63 SAFARI #1.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	309.0 KB
ID:	73224  

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:25 PM   #44
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Classic
kendal , cumbria, UK
Please come in, you're welcome
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	043.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	276.8 KB
ID:	73247   Click image for larger version

Name:	044.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	295.7 KB
ID:	73249  

Old 01-01-2009, 11:29 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
1960 24' Tradewind
1961 16' Bambi
Oakland , California
Here's A Peek Into Our 1974 25' Trade Wind!

Here's a quick peek into our 1974 25' Trade Wind Land Yacht, Sweetpea I!

When we first got her we didn't know what to do with the avocado green formica. We decided to go with it and did it up in early 70's rumpus room! Who knew we'd fall in love with orange and avocado green fabrics?

We've got a vintage George Nelson saucer lamp, Harry Bertoia chairs and groovy brown shearling pillows. We'll post an image of all the vintage Tupperware as soon as we get a chance to take some shots.

We'll share more images of our two other trailers, Sweetpea II and Sweetpea III.

We love all of the images. Thank you all for sharing your trailers with us!

We look forward to seeing you down the road someday,
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4434.JPG
Views:	230
Size:	414.5 KB
ID:	73270   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4449.JPG
Views:	205
Size:	321.3 KB
ID:	73271  

Old 01-02-2009, 09:15 AM   #46
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Ottawa , Ontario
All excellent pictures - love all the individual looks everyone's got. I'll have to wait until spring to invite people in to see mine, but until then, I'm really enjoying visiting all your Airstreams.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:27 AM   #47
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I just love how it never gets too late or dark to pop into another Airstream. I feel like I could keep walking non-stop. Hardly tired from all this visiting at all and meeting so many new people with the coolest Airstreams.

Michelle spring will be here soon, I hope, we can pretend. It's gotta be really cold where you are now.

Gemma and Murray, what a list of Airstreams you have. That is a very cool 70s rumpus room in Sweetpea The chair, saucer lamp and pillows are definitely cool looking. Yes, please let's see Sweetpea 2 and 3 and vintage tupperware.

1939... you have a 2007 25' Limited Classic with Hickory but in the traditional layout. I thought Airstream hadn't made any in that floorplan in 2007. I love it. I wonder if in the UK there is different Airstreams to choose from than here in the states.

tpan nice nest! It looks and sound very comfortable. Nice valance and light arrangement.

Lois pretty Ocean Breeze! You have your holiday table so nice too with the tree, trailer cash bank, lol, and matching napkins. LakeBarkley looks like a nice place, you are seasoning there right?

Brad I like how you fixed your Airstream, the dinette with the tufted backs and overhead shelf and cool light fixture. Yellows and blues are my favorite combination.

So many cute pooches here. And I have been amazed that none of them have jumped up on me during the open house. : )

Bob, you Sandra and Fado...not Fido? have a lot more room in your new Airstream. And what is Fado?

jacarape we like your taste, in canines and cuisine. I think I asked you before what type of dogs Junitor and Nyx were, they aren't shepherd's, right? Or are they?

Brian and Adrianne, what kind of dog do you have? You even have the dog and the bandana matching your color accents. I love a tub and the white with silver trim looks so good.

Richard I can't step over that big a dog, lol I'll be back a little later. ; ) Here I'll give her a little scratch good doggie. She's sweet.

And Vinnie has another attractive door stopper. : )

Hey Don and Gail, how are you neighbors! Good to hear from you again. Thanks for posting Jiminis interior shots as well as your own. Those bring back fond memories of our dinner together. You really spoiled me and Don saved the day fixing my bike wheel. I owe you guys. : ) Your dog was so cute, is it Zorro, with carrying his toys around? Jimini's interior is so spacious and has so many windows. Thanks for posting the pictures and the Death Valley SNU rally looks like you had plenty of room and all about getting out and camping away from it all. The SNU rally pictures always look like great locations. None of those manicured private parks, you guys go extreme! I'd like that too.

I can see a few of you have lots of fun ahead of you restoring your Airstreams. Utee we'll be back for that next peek. Bruce another ambitious restorer we'll be checking on your progress too.

Whippet I have not seen very many new custom Airstreams but yours is very unique with changing out the slide and one of the coolest I have ever seen.

Vaughan thanks for clearing up what a snake doctor is and for the laminate information. It is so nice looking. Now your plans for Zebrs wood and plans. A Super huge screen saver that has to be too cool and fun!!! Neat.

Gypsy girl I love the porcelain front fridge and dinette table so cozy and nostalgic. A 4 month road trip sounds so exciting!! Are you all packed now?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #48
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Classic
kendal , cumbria, UK
Hi Wheel interested,

I think 2007 was the last year of our layout for the 25' classic. Ours was manufactured in March 07.

Yes there are UK spec Airstreams but they are narrower, very light, none with solid timber cabinet work and I don't think the interior walls are lined. Not for us, we prefer the US spec so imported from Florida.

Thanks for your interest, John
Old 01-02-2009, 03:09 PM   #49
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Now I am more curious John. If Airstream makes special units for the UK do you have any problems with the American specs on the imported Airstream?

photography
Old 01-02-2009, 03:18 PM   #50
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
Everett , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Lois pretty Ocean Breeze! You have your holiday table so nice too with the tree, trailer cash bank, lol, and matching napkins. LakeBarkley looks like a nice place, you are seasoning there right?
Right now we're parked at a campground in Manchester, TN. It's closer to hubby's work than home is (even though they're equi-distant from his work - dang city traffic ). Shaves off 10 hours from his weekly commute time. That's a whole night of good sleep!

The Lake Barkley pics were taken in Mid-April, the first week of my part-time full-timing in 2008 (still going in 2009!).

The campground at Lake Barkley is VERY nice... Prizer Point. We were parked in a campsite right on the lake point... Love that place!!!!! Also stayed there in Septmeber/October of 2007. Love to watch the barges go by. Even saw the Delta queen a couple of times.
WBCCI #4018

Just call us Jean & Bill :-)
HankandLois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:42 PM   #51
Gypsygirl1 and Hubby

1959 24' Tradewind
Windsor , Ontario
Quote:
Gypsy girl I love the porcelain front fridge and dinette table so cozy and nostalgic. A 4 month road trip sounds so exciting!! Are you all packed now?
We're getting all packed up... Too cold here to put any freeze-ables in the trailer just yet. Trailer is currently getting her windows all tinted, a new shore-power plug, and general inspection for travel. Planning to leave around Jan 24, weather permitting of course. Thanks for the nice comments..... The table and fridge (works great!) are both original to the trailer. We also have the original canvas 'bunks' that hang over the center twins.
Have enjoyed touring everyone's 'homes'...
1954 Pacemaker 32 ft (summer guesthouse)
Tin Can Tourists Vintage Trailer Club
gypsygirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:43 PM   #52
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Classic
kendal , cumbria, UK
Hi Wheel interested,

We prefer the US spec - the trailer is beautiful and we would not change anything. We have to take care on our narrow backroads but folks stop and let us by.

Everything electrical works on US voltage, so a 240-120 stepdown transformer was fitted, and a few road lighting mods were the only changes made.

We've just had one major problem - the brakes don't work! Three actuators have died - no brakes at all now. On our way back to the importing dealer.
(See Trailer Brake Problems thread).

The UK spec Airstreams are made for our maximum tongue weight of approx. 150-200lbs. None of our vehicles can handle 800-1000lbs so we imported the truck at the same time and very pleased we are with that too. If you want to know more about UK specs, see A/S Europe's web site.

Regards, John and Carole
Old 01-02-2009, 08:31 PM   #53
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up Pwd

Quote:
Bob, you Sandra and Fado...not Fido? have a lot more room in your new Airstream. And what is Fado?
FADO= (fate,destiny) Portuguese Water Dog, yes he does have much more room, It's just me who longs for the "old days"
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PWDCA National Speciality 2008 121.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	481.0 KB
ID:	73325  

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 08:54 AM   #54
1 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic S/O
NEWNAN , Georgia
Airstream Hounds

Carol thank you for your nice comments. These are my two boys.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Casey and Carson Mexico Beach FL.Pic1.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	311.9 KB
ID:	73334   Click image for larger version

Name:	Casey enjoying the view pic2.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	414.2 KB
ID:	73336  

Name:	Carson Pooped Out Pic3.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	431.0 KB
ID:	73337  
Old 01-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #55
1 Rivet Member

1974 25' Tradewind
Western , Pacific Northwest
Inside our Silver Surfer

My first time trying to upload a pic...I think it worked! Woohoo!

Name:	summer 2008 212.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	241.3 KB
ID:	73468
Old 02-19-2009, 10:41 PM   #56
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Silver Surfer, it did work, congratulations and welcome. Is that a banner Airstream Living?

Great dogs! Every good interior needs some furry friends, right?

1939 hope you have brakes now!!

Gypsygirl on the move now and Lois soon to relocate in one of the new England states is it?

How 'bout some more pictures? Anyone else want to show and tell?

photography

Tags
interiors, photography