Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #41
Rivet Master

Hampton , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari62 View Post
Off to purchase some Champane and grey poupon with Airstream in tow. This photo was taken by Greves, our head houseman at our summer cottage, located in Weneverhaveenough Isle, Maine.

Although not our primary home town, when we are here for our one week of the year that has good weather, the locals (and staff) make us feel like it is.
Awesome. It's hard to get good help these days.
2019 Airstream Classic 30RBT, 2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley, ACI #1313

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #42
2 Rivet Member

2017 23' International
Curry County , Oregon
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1281.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	160945

Port Orford, Or.

What do I love about Port Orford:
The majestic outdoors with great fishing and seafood.
Harpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Your March 7 blog entry could have been written by us (luvdit ... ) except we succumbed to a diesel truck. Dare we try to get to the Alberta rally er rallye er jam-fest in July?

Weed luv ta share sum storeez ... If y'all R able enuf ta hitch your posse up and giddiup there to sip a sasperilla wid us mid-Juuuly, weed honor ya wid da soda. We don't have nun of those scarlet letters neither. Only funnin y'all that r joinerz and singers / shakerz.

yep ... aka mefly2
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:49 PM   #44
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Sunnyvale CA

I like this picture because it means the "Condo" has been rolled out from its parking pad behind gate alongside the house to the curb, in anticipation of a trip... Sunnyvale is close to the center of Silicon Valley, where Real Estate prices are ridiculous, but employment chances are good for techies.. Kiplinger calls Sunnyvale 1 of 10 best cities to raise a family, and FBI says 1 of lowest crime rates for cities over 100,000 people... Great weather, lots of recreation, a few too many people but a good home base... (And we do have 4 seasons: Really warm, warm, leaves-off-trees and rain, cool..)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	FrontYard_Fall.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	160957  

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #45
4 Rivet Member

1956 16' Bubble
Dallas , Oregon
Great pictures and descriptions everyone. This will be a tough decision at the end of the month. You're making this fun As the author of this thread i though id show you our latest setup I found a handmade cedar canoe a month ago and today I just pulled the bubble out of the shed as I'm taking the boys on our annual father and sons camp out. We're packing up today and heading to central Oregon in the morning! Happy day. Cheers and talk to you in s week! Ted
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-849131452.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	681.5 KB
ID:	161303   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1093767103.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	679.2 KB
ID:	161304  

the544man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:59 PM   #46
Rivet Master

2005 31' Classic
Cleveland , Tennessee
Loving the pictures & the theme that brought them out!

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there." Lewis Carroll

AIR #38011
TAC TN-4
NOVA
Steelegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:02 PM   #47
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
My Airstream IS my HOME!

Okay I know I am coming in under the wire - but had an issue with my membership it lapsed so I could not upload photos - and had to be back at the house that is no longer my home to verify paypal on a land line ug ug ug!

So now let me tell you all about my Airstream home. Sorry it is a little long winded...

I bought this great AS for Peter and I's 25th anniversary to well save a dying marriage. Alas things did not work out that way (but all good none-the-less).

When I researched this trailer I thought well if things did not work out over time I might just end up living in it - well sure enough 5 years later I AM! So at the time I wanted something really functional, took on lots of cargo weight Rated for 1000# no less - not like all other AS' with about 300-500. Has a desk for working on the road and stationary too! a Tandem, a little bigger than a bamboo and a little easier on the TV than a 25-27 ( which I sure could use the space right now if I had one!)

I changed out the dinette for a cool L-Lounge seating with two pedastool tables that are fab in shifting from single table, to double, and to moving to the back and making a semi circle work station. Instead of my toaster oven sitting on my microwave - my printer now has that home.

I live in a really great area called Stirling 20 minutes north of Belleville Ontario. I ended up here because I needed to be close to my internship - with History Lives Here INC. — which I landed straight after two years of doing a photojournalism associates degree (psst - will blow my own horn now - as I have bragging rights going back to school at 49 - Now 51 I finished on the Deans List to boot.)

I was desperate - the "wasbund" (still my best friend) crashed in health and lost his job and we have our house up for sale but I could not afford to commute and would not pass my course without completing my internship.

SO - my only solution was to head out early on my own to start a new life. I found this camp - called Island Park RV Resort dropped in unannounced late March. The owner showed me around and I decided on the spot (site#269).

It is in a new section of the park - with little canals all leading to the Trent River that is on the Trent Severn Waterway.

It is a whopping 60X60 lot. Okay now comes for the fun part - I have the worlds smallest patio, smallest dock, smallest deck and the smallest trailer in the park and to boot I am the only Airstream in a sea of SOB's!!!

The owner was fantastic! I told him my sad sack true story - that I would be arriving with not a cent to my name. On the way to divorce, and all I have is my truck, trailer and fur baby Haily.

3 months ago that was probably the lowest point of my whole life. Anyway he opened his heart and let me in way ahead of the camp opening. He said I can only give you power for now - the septic pump out wont start till may and the water will not be on until the opening weekend. So I toughed it out. I moved the trailer down April 2 (was scheduled to move April 1st - but I just could not face living with that for the rest of my life - that I left my Marriage on April Fools Day!! when I woke up it was a blizzard - so I was going nowhere!)

I put a whole new meaning to a shoe string budget. I needed a deck but could not afford one - so I made one out of skids (pallets) Yep I DID THAT.

Gardens I walked around the camp and picked up the boulders. Dug up some of my hostas from the house and bought horrible cheap grocery store annuals for the couple of pots we had not sent off to the auction in purging out 30 years of life last summer.

I built a metal shed with my poor Dad at 80 being the helper and stood there for hours holding it against incredible winds - later I read in the manual - do not put up in the wind!

There was a junky picnic table on the lot - so I asked the owner if I could have a new one - he said why - I said so I could stain it to match my shed base and my deck - he laughed and brought over a new one the next morning.

I had some patio stones - actually 11 - but they are heavy and I dropped two to make 9 and a new design as the consequence.

For nearly 8 weeks I lugged my own fresh water and filled up my tank. I dumped my tank manually using the blue buggy and to get that in the truck I had to to a "clean and Jerk" lift onto the picnic table and then slide her into the back of the truck.

So this is where I have lived for the past 3 months - and will be pushing past their season closing on into November until the freeze hits. I will pack up shop and then head to Charleston, SC for the Winter.

So my AS is where I lay my hat every night. I have learned to do without a lot, and have become a neat freak for periods of the day, but living in 22' it can become a disorganized chaos in seconds.

For those who know me - I still have Haily our white Golden - who absolute LOVES it here. She gets to swim almost every day, loves her long walks and meets all sorts of camper dogs. She is the hottest furchic in the RV Resort and all the dogs come running to greet her. I wish Taz could have experienced this camp, but unfortunately we had to put her down early March at 14.5 yrs. She was such a sweet Lab Golden X.

My new Summer home - Stirling - is a photojournalists dream. The people and character of this small farming town - is amazing. They were award 2012 Hockeyville, have an amazing Farmer's Museum - and quaint little rivers that run through the town. I have met an old guy that runs 7 days a week and he is going to let me do a full documentary on him. I have still yet to track down the older couple who walk their shetland ponies down the road on dog leashes - no word of a lie. I actually thought they were huge Italian Mastifes as I was driving up behind them nor day - till I got close and realized they were horses!!!

Being a photojournalist it is imperative that I have a great internet signal - well the camp does not have one that will reach the new section - so I got permission to put up a tower and brought in dedicated internet just for me.

My first photo is the entry - but thought I would include a few others so you could see all around my new little seasonal postage stamp home.
My official Entry Photo.

Name:	DSC_1936.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	161916

Haily is not tethered during the week and sticks close to the AS. But on the weekends when it is busier I have to keep her tethered - she is used to it now.

Name:	DSC_1927.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	161918

Fellas from Explore net spent almost all day Saturday installing my internet. I needed a hole dug - (as I have injured my neck in a fall early march and now on restricted duties) Peter wanted to borrow my truck so I traded a hole and dinner - tee hee...

Name:	DSC_1918.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	161917
I splurged $60.00 for my bistro set - as I could not take the one from the house while it is on the market.

Name:	DSC_1939.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	161921

One of my school shoots was with a fellow who repaired transport truck tires he gave me a rim free for my firepit.

Name:	DSC_1932.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	161919

I needed a place for the BBQ instead of on top of the picnic table - so I built this thing out of skids. Not quite finished it yet - thinking of putting a bamboo blind for the front to match the bamboo blinds I will get for the awning as sun shades on the sides. I still have to trim it out and put the final top slats in but have to work for a living.

Name:	IMG_0677.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	161922

I am officially now a snowbird! Doing that small foot print thing in my Mod Pod.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:04 AM   #48
Rivet Master

1959 17' Pacer
Long Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963 View Post
Okay I know I am coming in under the wire - but had an issue with my membership it lapsed so I could not upload photos - and had to be back at the house that is no longer my home to verify paypal on a land line ug ug ug!

So now let me tell you all about my Airstream home. Sorry it is a little long winded...

I bought this great AS for Peter and I's 25th anniversary to well save a dying marriage. Alas things did not work out that way (but all good none-the-less).

When I researched this trailer I thought well if things did not work out over time I might just end up living in it - well sure enough 5 years later I AM! So at the time I wanted something really functional, took on lots of cargo weight Rated for 1000# no less - not like all other AS' with about 300-500. Has a desk for working on the road and stationary too! a Tandem, a little bigger than a bamboo and a little easier on the TV than a 25-27 ( which I sure could use the space right now if I had one!)

I changed out the dinette for a cool L-Lounge seating with two pedastool tables that are fab in shifting from single table, to double, and to moving to the back and making a semi circle work station. Instead of my toaster oven sitting on my microwave - my printer now has that home.

I live in a really great area called Stirling 20 minutes north of Belleville Ontario. I ended up here because I needed to be close to my internship - with History Lives Here INC. — which I landed straight after two years of doing a photojournalism associates degree (psst - will blow my own horn now - as I have bragging rights going back to school at 49 - Now 51 I finished on the Deans List to boot.)

I was desperate - the "wasbund" (still my best friend) crashed in health and lost his job and we have our house up for sale but I could not afford to commute and would not pass my course without completing my internship.

SO - my only solution was to head out early on my own to start a new life. I found this camp - called Island Park RV Resort dropped in unannounced late March. The owner showed me around and I decided on the spot (site#269).

It is in a new section of the park - with little canals all leading to the Trent River that is on the Trent Severn Waterway.

It is a whopping 60X60 lot. Okay now comes for the fun part - I have the worlds smallest patio, smallest dock, smallest deck and the smallest trailer in the park and to boot I am the only Airstream in a sea of SOB's!!!

The owner was fantastic! I told him my sad sack true story - that I would be arriving with not a cent to my name. On the way to divorce, and all I have is my truck, trailer and fur baby Haily.

3 months ago that was probably the lowest point of my whole life. Anyway he opened his heart and let me in way ahead of the camp opening. He said I can only give you power for now - the septic pump out wont start till may and the water will not be on until the opening weekend. So I toughed it out. I moved the trailer down April 2 (was scheduled to move April 1st - but I just could not face living with that for the rest of my life - that I left my Marriage on April Fools Day!! when I woke up it was a blizzard - so I was going nowhere!)

I put a whole new meaning to a shoe string budget. I needed a deck but could not afford one - so I made one out of skids (pallets) Yep I DID THAT.

Gardens I walked around the camp and picked up the boulders. Dug up some of my hostas from the house and bought horrible cheap grocery store annuals for the couple of pots we had not sent off to the auction in purging out 30 years of life last summer.

I built a metal shed with my poor Dad at 80 being the helper and stood there for hours holding it against incredible winds - later I read in the manual - do not put up in the wind!

There was a junky picnic table on the lot - so I asked the owner if I could have a new one - he said why - I said so I could stain it to match my shed base and my deck - he laughed and brought over a new one the next morning.

I had some patio stones - actually 11 - but they are heavy and I dropped two to make 9 and a new design as the consequence.

For nearly 8 weeks I lugged my own fresh water and filled up my tank. I dumped my tank manually using the blue buggy and to get that in the truck I had to to a "clean and Jerk" lift onto the picnic table and then slide her into the back of the truck.

So this is where I have lived for the past 3 months - and will be pushing past their season closing on into November until the freeze hits. I will pack up shop and then head to Charleston, SC for the Winter.

So my AS is where I lay my hat every night. I have learned to do without a lot, and have become a neat freak for periods of the day, but living in 22' it can become a disorganized chaos in seconds.

For those who know me - I still have Haily our white Golden - who absolute LOVES it here. She gets to swim almost every day, loves her long walks and meets all sorts of camper dogs. She is the hottest furchic in the RV Resort and all the dogs come running to greet her. I wish Taz could have experienced this camp, but unfortunately we had to put her down early March at 14.5 yrs. She was such a sweet Lab Golden X.

My new Summer home - Stirling - is a photojournalists dream. The people and character of this small farming town - is amazing. They were award 2012 Hockeyville, have an amazing Farmer's Museum - and quaint little rivers that run through the town. I have met an old guy that runs 7 days a week and he is going to let me do a full documentary on him. I have still yet to track down the older couple who walk their shetland ponies down the road on dog leashes - no word of a lie. I actually thought they were huge Italian Mastifes as I was driving up behind them nor day - till I got close and realized they were horses!!!

Being a photojournalist it is imperative that I have a great internet signal - well the camp does not have one that will reach the new section - so I got permission to put up a tower and brought in dedicated internet just for me.

My first photo is the entry - but thought I would include a few others so you could see all around my new little seasonal postage stamp home.
My official Entry Photo.
Attachment 161916

Haily is not tethered during the week and sticks close to the AS. But on the weekends when it is busier I have to keep her tethered - she is used to it now.

Attachment 161918

Fellas from Explore net spent almost all day Saturday installing my internet. I needed a hole dug - (as I have injured my neck in a fall early march and now on restricted duties) Peter wanted to borrow my truck so I traded a hole and dinner - tee hee...

Attachment 161917
I splurged $60.00 for my bistro set - as I could not take the one from the house while it is on the market.

Attachment 161921

One of my school shoots was with a fellow who repaired transport truck tires he gave me a rim free for my firepit.

Attachment 161919

I needed a place for the BBQ instead of on top of the picnic table - so I built this thing out of skids. Not quite finished it yet - thinking of putting a bamboo blind for the front to match the bamboo blinds I will get for the awning as sun shades on the sides. I still have to trim it out and put the final top slats in but have to work for a living.

Attachment 161922

I am officially now a snowbird! Doing that small foot print thing in my Mod Pod.
I must say, you have endurance, perseverance, and that is beautiful! Well done, well done!

1959 Pacer 18' Renovation - Knight in Shining Armor

Our Adventure Blog - Documenting our backpacking, hiking, camping, and Airstreaming
(still updating, haven't gotten to the Airstream trips yet)
worldinchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #49
Rivet Master

2018 33' Classic
2015 30' FB FC Bunk
2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
I love a great story! Congrats to you on an exciting start to a great new life. The photos are wonderful... It is obvious that you have put much time and effort into making your site the nicest in the park. I have to believe that we would all feel a great sense of lifted burden if we were forced into a situation like yours that requires us to have nothing but the basics.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #50
4 Rivet Member

1964 30' Sovereign
Porum , Oklahoma
I won't be able to get mine to my home before the end of the month but I will try to get a pic of it at my grandparents where it has called home for the last 30ish years. Which used to be my home do that should qualify.
colberjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:33 AM   #51
The Hen House

2011 23' International
Grand Blanc , Michigan
E-i-e-i-o

June Photo Contest

Heaven is living on 400 acres of land and having an Airstream trailer to park on it. Our big red barn is my "baby's" home during the winter. Early spring, summer and into fall temps of 25 degrees you might find me parked in a hidden meadow buzzing with bees, or along side of a partially frozen pond, or smack dab in the middle of the woods where my Bambi feels most at home.

I'm a female solo traveler and also a farm wife with a herd of goats and a flock of sweet layers...my girls. Hence, "The Hen House."

We have pranksters in my family, too. This year I went to Alumapalooza only to discover that my son had placed a HUGE handicapped parking sign on my pillow. That took some premeditation on his part --which challenges me to reach new heights in getting even.

Good luck to everyone in the photo contest. I love looking at all the pictures!

Kelly in Michigan's Water-Winter Wonderland
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2011 June 127.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	223.3 KB
ID:	162012   Click image for larger version

Name:	a1.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	162013  

Name:	IMG_3522 - Copy.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	529.4 KB
ID:	162014   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00978-20110725-1752.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	162015  

Mellen60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:10 AM   #52
3 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Commerce , Texas
Argosy with new paint job and new awnings.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-677739581.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	693.2 KB
ID:	162066  
billymyers56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #53
Rivet Master

2005 31' Classic
Cleveland , Tennessee
Better late than never!

Here are a few pictures of us at our home town. We live in Cleveland, the REAL Cleveland, and it's in TN. What we love about our hometown is it's versatility- actually we're transplants (I'm from CA & Little Bride is from KS) however we've raised our family here (over 22+ years), and have called this our home since 1990. We love the seasonal changes, the vast camping opportunities available both near and far (tail of the Dragon, Great Smokey Mountains, Blue Ridge Parkway, Appalachian Trail, and host to the '96 Olympic White water events in Ocoee, TN! Of course, down time is great also. There is NO PLACE LIKE HOME, We have "camped" in our trailer in our driveway multiple times. and have enjoyed it as much as any trip (well...., almost)

Enjoy, Terry.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN2509.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	243.2 KB
ID:	162096   Click image for larger version

Name:	P6070651.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	793.5 KB
ID:	162097  

Name:	PC050005.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	330.0 KB
ID:	162098  

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there." Lewis Carroll

AIR #38011
TAC TN-4
NOVA
Steelegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #54
3 Rivet Member

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Key West , Florida
For the past year our home base has been Key West, Florida. We live here because we can be next to our other restoration project and soon-to-be charter business; a 1925 wooden schooner. Every sunrise and sunset over the marina seems like a show through our panoramic rear window.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3733.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	162146  
AirRowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:12 PM   #55
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Bethel Park near Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
Send a message via Skype™ to aceflys
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirRowan View Post
For the past year our home base has been Key West, Florida. We live here because we can be next to our other restoration project and soon-to-be charter business; a 1925 wooden schooner. Every sunrise and sunset over the marina seems like a show through our panoramic rear window.

Talk about down to the wire! 11:59 way to go! We Love the Keys. Spend most of are time in the state parks. Do have coutesy for a 17 Caravel or a 10 ft Scotty.

Ace in PA
aceflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #56
4 Rivet Member

1956 16' Bubble
Dallas , Oregon
Thank you everyone who submitted pictures and stories. It was great fun learning about some hometowns that I've never heard of. We're never done exploring. It was a tough contest to judge for sure.

For third place I choose the beautiful tri-picture from the gentleman from Portland. This was surely one of the most beautiful submissions. Well done. Go visit portlandia if you haven't yet!
It's quite a diverse place.

In second place Is the remarkable "great pumpkin holiday streamer". What a creative way to dress up your trailer while at your home during the holidays. Nice concept!

And...The grand prize winner gt1963 has submitted a heartfelt story and has fully nailed the "home streaming" theme of this month's contest. I wish you best in your new hometown!

Thank you all for participating and offering pleasant stories of your town and your life. Have a great summer! Cheers friends. Ted (the544man) 1956 bubble
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3420722865.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	281.5 KB
ID:	162213   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2501920500.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	513.9 KB
ID:	162214  

Name:	image-2168687642.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	591.4 KB
ID:	162215  
the544man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #57
3 Rivet Member

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Key West , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflys

Talk about down to the wire! 11:59 way to go! We Love the Keys. Spend most of are time in the state parks. Do have coutesy for a 17 Caravel or a 10 ft Scotty.

Ace in PA
This is are last month in this spot then we need to find a new place to park but I can help you find a place here (key west) if you pm me.
AirRowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #58
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thumbs up

WHOO HOO! Congratulations Sharon. Your home all "decked" out is terrific. You do the Rivettes proud. You're an inspiration making your way solo with new digs and new career. Wish you nothing but the best and plenty of success. Your photography is awesome. You go girl.
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #59
The Hen House

2011 23' International
Grand Blanc , Michigan
Congratulations Everybody. This was a fun diversion from everyday life and I am looking forward to another photo contest. Ted, love your picks! The pumpkin one is way over the top. Good job all. Kelly

Mellen60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #60
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by the544man View Post
Thank you everyone who submitted pictures and stories. It was great fun learning about some hometowns that I've never heard of. We're never done exploring. It was a tough contest to judge for sure.

For third place I choose the beautiful tri-picture from the gentleman from Portland. This was surely one of the most beautiful submissions. Well done. Go visit portlandia if you haven't yet!
It's quite a diverse place.

In second place Is the remarkable "great pumpkin holiday streamer". What a creative way to dress up your trailer while at your home during the holidays. Nice concept!

And...The grand prize winner gt1963 has submitted a heartfelt story and has fully nailed the "home streaming" theme of this month's contest. I wish you best in your new hometown!

Thank you all for participating and offering pleasant stories of your town and your life. Have a great summer! Cheers friends. Ted (the544man) 1956 bubble
WOW!

Thanks Ted for putting out the June Photo Contest and being an amazing Judge - ha no bias intended. Seriously though, there were some really amazing homes that these wonderful Airstreams have to park at while waiting on their adventures out on the road! And some pretty cool and interesting owners to boot!!!

I feel very privileged to be among such great people and fab! Airstreams.

I have had quite a long hiatus from my involvement on the forums - a good four years other than the odd post here and there to check in with the Silver Sisters.

I have missed this place! what a great community it is whether you are on the road or having a break at home.... When a dear friend told me about the topic for the June Contest - I thought hmm - all the photos I have taken of our airstreams (MoonBeam, LadyBug and Ollie the overland and then of course ModPod, and all the stories that came with them, the search, the acquisitions, the reins and the adventures in them). All of which I had 100's of photos of them sitting on our driveway in the forrest.

My first thought - "my airstream IS my home" and that feeling of my stomach dropping thinking I don't have a home anymore. It has been really hard to come back with Peter and I's sad news of us going our separate ways after being together for almost 30 years. Before I decided to post I took a trip down memory lane - through the archives here on the forums. It is a pretty hard pill to swallow, after reading all the things Peter and I have experienced with the Airstreams. The friends we have made, the rallies we have been to. All the amazing advice and help we have received through the forums.

Alas life is full of changes, new twists in the road, and some pretty hard decisions to make in order to survive various situations.

Well not sure on the process here - it has been a very long time.

Does this mean that I have to come up with July's topic, and do the judging and all that? And do I create a new thread?

When someone - maybe a moderator? can give me a bit of direction - I do have a topic in mind and will put it together and post a little later today or tomorrow.

PS it will not be about the 4th of July - Although I am sure there would be some fantastic shots....

Being in photojournalism - rather than just "Photography" - a picture is worth a 1000 words...so they say - but is it really? Without the story behind the photograph - there is such a huge void to life moments out there.

So as a pre-empt...to my Contest details to be posted.... You have a whole month to sharpen your pencils and dust off your older digital photos - or maybe they might even be a film print that you may have to scan. Don't think you will get off in not having to shoot a current photo either - so make sure your cameras are ready...

The contest will be a three parter!....Ted I think you started something great on this June contest. It is nice to read a bit more than just look at photos...

Now those who say "I hate writing" - don't be a feared.....I will not be looking for your school's first 1000 word essay, grammar, spelling and all that is just not important to me - what is - is life stories! Now don't come in and say well I have nothing to say either - as there has not been one Airstreamer I have come in contact with that has not had a story or two or a 1000 to tell at any rally I have been at. You know what it is like - you were going out for a two minute walk with your dog and you get back to your trailer 3 hours later

I promise the contest post will be short sweet and concise Keep a look out for the July 2012 Photo Contest Thread opening....
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote