Old 07-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #57
3 Rivet Member
1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Key West , Florida
Originally Posted by aceflys

Talk about down to the wire! 11:59 way to go! We Love the Keys. Spend most of are time in the state parks. Do have coutesy for a 17 Caravel or a 10 ft Scotty.

Ace in PA
This is are last month in this spot then we need to find a new place to park but I can help you find a place here (key west) if you pm me.

AirRowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #58
Rivet Master
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thumbs up

WHOO HOO! Congratulations Sharon. Your home all "decked" out is terrific. You do the Rivettes proud. You're an inspiration making your way solo with new digs and new career. Wish you nothing but the best and plenty of success. Your photography is awesome. You go girl.

wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #59
The Hen House
2011 23' International
Grand Blanc , Michigan
Congratulations Everybody. This was a fun diversion from everyday life and I am looking forward to another photo contest. Ted, love your picks! The pumpkin one is way over the top. Good job all. Kelly
Life and Times on Kupiec Farms

Mellen60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #60
Rivet Master
2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Originally Posted by the544man View Post
Thank you everyone who submitted pictures and stories. It was great fun learning about some hometowns that I've never heard of. We're never done exploring. It was a tough contest to judge for sure.

For third place I choose the beautiful tri-picture from the gentleman from Portland. This was surely one of the most beautiful submissions. Well done. Go visit portlandia if you haven't yet!
It's quite a diverse place.

In second place Is the remarkable "great pumpkin holiday streamer". What a creative way to dress up your trailer while at your home during the holidays. Nice concept!

And...The grand prize winner gt1963 has submitted a heartfelt story and has fully nailed the "home streaming" theme of this month's contest. I wish you best in your new hometown!

Thank you all for participating and offering pleasant stories of your town and your life. Have a great summer! Cheers friends. Ted (the544man) 1956 bubble

Thanks Ted for putting out the June Photo Contest and being an amazing Judge - ha no bias intended. Seriously though, there were some really amazing homes that these wonderful Airstreams have to park at while waiting on their adventures out on the road! And some pretty cool and interesting owners to boot!!!

I feel very privileged to be among such great people and fab! Airstreams.

I have had quite a long hiatus from my involvement on the forums - a good four years other than the odd post here and there to check in with the Silver Sisters.

I have missed this place! what a great community it is whether you are on the road or having a break at home.... When a dear friend told me about the topic for the June Contest - I thought hmm - all the photos I have taken of our airstreams (MoonBeam, LadyBug and Ollie the overland and then of course ModPod, and all the stories that came with them, the search, the acquisitions, the reins and the adventures in them). All of which I had 100's of photos of them sitting on our driveway in the forrest.

My first thought - "my airstream IS my home" and that feeling of my stomach dropping thinking I don't have a home anymore. It has been really hard to come back with Peter and I's sad news of us going our separate ways after being together for almost 30 years. Before I decided to post I took a trip down memory lane - through the archives here on the forums. It is a pretty hard pill to swallow, after reading all the things Peter and I have experienced with the Airstreams. The friends we have made, the rallies we have been to. All the amazing advice and help we have received through the forums.

Alas life is full of changes, new twists in the road, and some pretty hard decisions to make in order to survive various situations.

Well not sure on the process here - it has been a very long time.

Does this mean that I have to come up with July's topic, and do the judging and all that? And do I create a new thread?

When someone - maybe a moderator? can give me a bit of direction - I do have a topic in mind and will put it together and post a little later today or tomorrow.

PS it will not be about the 4th of July - Although I am sure there would be some fantastic shots....

Being in photojournalism - rather than just "Photography" - a picture is worth a 1000 they say - but is it really? Without the story behind the photograph - there is such a huge void to life moments out there.

So as a my Contest details to be posted.... You have a whole month to sharpen your pencils and dust off your older digital photos - or maybe they might even be a film print that you may have to scan. Don't think you will get off in not having to shoot a current photo either - so make sure your cameras are ready...

The contest will be a three parter!....Ted I think you started something great on this June contest. It is nice to read a bit more than just look at photos...

Now those who say "I hate writing" - don't be a feared.....I will not be looking for your school's first 1000 word essay, grammar, spelling and all that is just not important to me - what is - is life stories! Now don't come in and say well I have nothing to say either - as there has not been one Airstreamer I have come in contact with that has not had a story or two or a 1000 to tell at any rally I have been at. You know what it is like - you were going out for a two minute walk with your dog and you get back to your trailer 3 hours later

I promise the contest post will be short sweet and concise Keep a look out for the July 2012 Photo Contest Thread opening....
Everything will be alright in the end. If it is not alright now, then it is not the end.
GT1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #61
Rivet Master
2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Updated photo of my AS Home

PS We just celebrated Our Canada Day - sorry I went all out and put a little flag on my AS - I forgot my big one that I have and could not find my flag holder for the front of the trailer.... But here is a pic that shows the BBQ stand I built for the deck - sorry the grass needs cutting ha ha.. I have a cool little stool that doubles with the lid as a cocktail tray - I keep it covered with my Ladybug carpet...Yep ModPod took on lots of my LadyBug stuff - as Peter would not take on that persona ROFL With now his GT - which he calls Globbie!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Modpod_DSC9773.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	607.9 KB
ID:	162250
Everything will be alright in the end. If it is not alright now, then it is not the end.
GT1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:47 AM   #62
4 Rivet Member
1956 16' Bubble
Dallas , Oregon
Yep you get to start a July photo contest. Just start a thread with the contest as the heading. Everyone will find it. Cheers. Ted
the544man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #63
Rivet Master
2005 31' Classic
Cleveland , Tennessee

Your story is amazing! What determination and preservation! Makes me think twice about calling our small spread "the Chinese work Farm"...... (no offense to any one, but I bet you get the message...... With a large space comes a lot of work and up keep.). YES you put the fear in me!!! "writing"...... Just not good at it. Fortunately my oldest daughter is the pro! Yes, anything I write, I e-mail it to her to proof read, it is really her forte! I've even told her she should consider a career as a proofreader for a publisher b/c she also reads beyond the speed of light! Anyway, ready for the challenge.... Ready.... Set.... Go!

I know you think you understand what you though I said, but I'm not sure that what you heard is what I actually meant!

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there." Lewis Carroll

AIR #38011
Steelegood is offline   Reply With Quote