Old 11-12-2006, 06:06 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1972 Argosy 20
Middletown , New Jersey
Yet another new member...

Hi Everybody!

My wife Liz and I purchased our very first Airstream last night - a 2007 Basecamp. We've been tent campers for, well, let's say a looooong time. We're both looking forward to participating in these forums.

We bought the Basecamp sort of on impulse. I was driving past the Airstream dealer in Lakewood, NJ on Friday when I saw what looked for all the world like a horse trailer (albeit a high tech looking horse trailer). I just HAD to turn around for a look-see. I was REAL impressed by the utility of it, so I brought Liz down yesterday afternoon for a viewing. The rest, as they say, is history...

We pick it up from Colonial Airstream this coming Saturday, just in time to take a Thanksgiving trip to Massachusetts. Here's a link to our new baby on the Colonial Airstream website.

Old 11-12-2006, 06:15 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfowler
Hi Everybody!

My wife Liz and I purchased our very first Airstream last night - a 2007 Basecamp. We've been tent campers for, well, let's say a looooong time. We're both looking forward to participating in these forums.

We bought the Basecamp sort of on impulse. I was driving past the Airstream dealer in Lakewood, NJ on Friday when I saw what looked for all the world like a horse trailer (albeit a high tech looking horse trailer). I just HAD to turn around for a look-see. I was REAL impressed by the utility of it, so I brought Liz down yesterday afternoon for a viewing. The rest, as they say, is history...

We pick it up from Colonial Airstream this coming Saturday, just in time to take a Thanksgiving trip to Massachusetts. Here's a link to our new baby on the Colonial Airstream website.
Welcome to the obsession.

'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:20 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfowler
Hi Everybody!

Thanksgiving in Massachusetts? Hmmmmm, are you staying at Normandy Farms?

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:41 PM   #4

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Hi, Liz & Bob, a great big welcome to the Airstream Forums!

You are one of the first Basecamps to come on board. I can remember only one other.

There is a lot of good information here. Please keep in mind that most of us here are former tent campers who have now become sissy campers. That is why you will see so much discussion on how to get cable tv and Wifi in a very remote loction.

Wekcome aboard! Maybe ya'll can bring us back to camping reality.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:50 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Santa Barbara , California
Airstream does it again

Welcome to the Forums and airstreaming! That is a nifty trailer you guys got yourselves. It looks like A/S sure thought of everything. We love our vintage trailer, but we've always been curious about the Basecamp. It will be fun to hear all about your adventures. Keep us posted and we LOVE pictures!
Old 11-12-2006, 07:24 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

1968 20' Globetrotter
Albuquerque , New Mexico
this is proof that aluminitis starts anywhere--------------

hendrie42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:38 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
Welcome to the forums! You will find lots of good advice here! Meet lots of nice folks too! Be sure and check out the rally schedule (see the blue toolbar at the top) and go to a rally near you as soon as you can. Folks will love to see your new Airstream!

I have yet to see a Basecamp other than online and in ads... but we have a 1946 teardrop trailer we have had for nearly 30 years and we love the thing! Similar size (a little smaller than the basecamp) you will have a great time!

Post some pics as soon as you bring her home. We love pictures here!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
Old 11-13-2006, 12:51 AM   #8
USN/LAPD Retired

2005 25' Safari
North Las Vegas , United States
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome.

Well, it's too late now ! You've been bitten by the silver bug and there's no turning back

We look forward hearing about the new TT and your journeys. Once again, Welcome aboard from a guy from Lakewood, California.

Safari-Rick
Attached Images

"Better to have more then you need, then need more then you have because you don't have enough!"
AIR #: 8129
Safari-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:47 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Thumbs up The numbers are growing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetags
You are one of the first Basecamps to come on board. I can remember only one other.
There are now seven forum members that list Base Camps as their Trailer #1 when they signed up here...cool! A couple have not yet posted...but hopefully you will have some "siblings" to chat with soon ~

Congratulations!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 02:49 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Welcome to the forums it is great to hear from people buying the new AS products.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:21 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Ottawa , Ontario
Congrats!

The basecamp is definately one of the most innovative trailers I have seen. Haven't figured out a lot of the concepts... Gotta look for one camping next season! Will you be camping in upstate NY by chance next year?

Do you plan on transporting ATV, motorbike or the like inside? How do you plan to use it? Almost looks like it has a standup bar in it!

campadk is offline   Reply With Quote