Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Base Camp
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-12-2016, 05:20 PM   #61

Paradise Valley , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
Desert Autoplex in Mesa says they will have a total initial allocation of nine units not including the "Demo". Knowing this dealer, these initial units will have every option and sell at least at list price if not at a premium (known by slang as additional dealer profit).
Yup, I was there Saturday, they don't have it in yet, but will be getting it in soon. Can't wait to see it.
DrSig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:03 AM   #62
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander & Sea View Post
P

Not sure on the exact date, but our demo (which will also be our first) should be here next week.
Excellant, thank you. I will give Ron a call.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:41 AM   #63
2 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

2009 19' International
Santa Margarita , California
Central Coast

Here on the central coast we will also be getting our demo in at the end of the week and we apparently have six coming to each store (we have two locations). I believe they have been ordered with all the options as well, but won't know that for sure til we see them.
Santa Margarita, CA
works at SkyRiver Airstream Paso Robles
www.facebook.com/CentralCoastAirstream/
www.facebook.com/AirstreamSB/
ellenbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:39 AM   #64
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by field & stream View Post
Bob662: funny you would say "This Base Camp is a whole lot closer to a Sport 16 than it is to a tent." We often refer to our first-gen Basecamp as an aluminum tent.

This new one is a small, cool travel trailer with the amenities that many demand. We love ours for what it is, and we think they get an A+ for this one, too.
Curious to know how you feel about the relative lack of operable/screened windows in both the old and new Basecamps? If one sleeps mainly in a tent, and uses the new BC as a galley and head, a center of operations which can also haul kayaks etc., then it makes sense IMO. I can't imagine sleeping inside on a hot night boondocking for instance.

Our FC20 has good cross-ventilation with the many windows which open wide, hinged on top. The small sliding windows in many Sport models lack the same free air ventilation.

Thanks,

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:41 AM   #65
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Do your Basecamp models arrive on a trailer, and if so can it carry multiple units?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander & Sea View Post
P

Not sure on the exact date, but our demo (which will also be our first) should be here next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenbelle View Post
Here on the central coast we will also be getting our demo in at the end of the week and we apparently have six coming to each store (we have two locations). I believe they have been ordered with all the options as well, but won't know that for sure til we see them.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:56 PM   #66
1 Rivet Member

Wheat Ridge , Colorado
Really interested in this as our quick trip trailer. Perfect for our mountain bike trips or kayak trips to the mountains. Hell, I might even just use it to stay close to the ski areas during winter. And, I could roll it into the garage which really makes this a win for me. I guess the mini will have to sleep outside. Mount an iPad on the wall, connect it to the speaker and you have all you need.

Local dealer here in Denver quoted me a fully loaded at $40k and will have one hopefully by this upcoming weekend.

Hopefully we will get a Patrick Botticelli walkthrough before the weekend.
denver133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:30 PM   #67
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Denver, check out other dealers online for price comparisons. We are too familiar with your nearby dealer.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 05:44 AM   #68
2 Rivet Member

2017 23' International
Curry County , Oregon
I think I would be very interested in purchasing the new basecamp if I could get it into my garage. Just measured height of my garage door opening and it is 8'. The new basecamp is 8'6.25" high. Do you think if push comes to shove (literally) that I could use dollies and a winch to get the trailer in the garage if (1. Let all the air out of the tires or (2. More difficult to do--take the wheels completely off.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Harpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 06:07 AM   #69
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Get a head start from the street and back up. After the first time there will be enough room. Or you could buy a set of tiny wheels to retrofit to lower the whole shebang. Twelve inch maybe?
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 06:35 AM   #70
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Easier to remove AC and lower tire pressure?
Old 09-14-2016, 06:50 AM   #71
Rivet Master

1971 21' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Arvada , Colorado
I was looking at a street side view and it looks like the dump valve is just inches from the ground, is it just camera angle or is there marginal clearance. If it's as close as it looks to me then i would consider that a real issue.
Aerowood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 07:18 AM   #72
2 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

2009 19' International
On the lot soon

Just FYI here on the Central Coast we are telling our customers that the Basecamp will be 39K fully loaded. And yes, multiple ones are coming on a trailer I believe. I do not think they will be driven here. I could be wrong on that but I'll let you know when I see them. I'll probably take photos if I'm there when they arrive!
Santa Margarita, CA
Old 09-14-2016, 07:20 AM   #73
2 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

2009 19' International
Clearance

Also, regarding the waste pipe near the ground... I can't imagine that is so. They made a big deal of telling us that the design has taken into account that the Basecamp will be going over rough terrain (thus the slight upturn in the back, for going up steepish hills). It's probably a camera angle...
Santa Margarita, CA
Old 09-14-2016, 07:31 AM   #74
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowood View Post
I was looking at a street side view and it looks like the dump valve is just inches from the ground, is it just camera angle or is there marginal clearance. If it's as close as it looks to me then i would consider that a real issue.
Could you please provide a link to the photo(s) in question? I have looked on the Basecamp site [see Post #12 here], and can't see any clear images of the street side sewer dump. Your link is for your Full Monte thread.

Thanks,

Peter

PS -- Edit -- Under the Hitch Up and Go heading in the middle of this page, the street side view shows only a small protrusion below the body behind the tire:

https://www.airstream.com/travel-trailers/basecamp/

PS2 -- To download the brochure, Airstream is requiring that you give your contact info. including phone!

Old 09-14-2016, 07:37 AM   #75
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenbelle View Post
Just FYI here on the Central Coast we are telling our customers that the Basecamp will be 39K fully loaded. And yes, multiple ones are coming on a trailer I believe. I do not think they will be driven here. I could be wrong on that but I'll let you know when I see them. I'll probably take photos if I'm there when they arrive!
Thanks, if 2-3 BC's fit on a trailer, that would lower the unit cost significantly IMO, and might be an interesting insight into AS's marketing strategy. Photos would be great to see!

Thanks,

Peter
Old 09-14-2016, 07:48 AM   #76
Rivet Master

Lakes Region , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
I think I would be very interested in purchasing the new basecamp if I could get it into my garage. Just measured height of my garage door opening and it is 8'. The new basecamp is 8'6.25" high. Do you think if push comes to shove (literally) that I could use dollies and a winch to get the trailer in the garage if (1. Let all the air out of the tires or (2. More difficult to do--take the wheels completely off.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Comes with 18" wheels, maybe if you switched them out to 14's and put marathons on it will go right in.
RandyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 08:00 AM   #77
Rivet Master

1971 21' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Arvada , Colorado
It's at the 15 second point of the video. (I don't know how to do a screen shot of the video)
Aerowood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 08:14 AM   #78
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Jupiter , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
PS2 -- To download the brochure, Airstream is requiring that you give your contact info. including phone!
You need to supply contact information, but it doesn't have to be your contact information.
SeaLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 12:11 PM   #79
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowood View Post
It's at the 15 second point of the video. (I don't know how to do a screen shot of the video)
Thanks, I see what you mean but that sure is a fleeting image! Hopefully one of the dealers will post a photo of this area. In one picture from the website, I thought I saw some kind of skid plate deal hanging down back there, so maybe the video is picking that up?

Won't be long before we have further info..

Old 09-14-2016, 01:33 PM   #80
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
San Diego , California
Airstream Basecamp: streetside view

Airstream Basecamp streetside view courtesy of: Inhabitat.com

Inhabitat.com's article:

"Travel off road in luxury with Airstream's brand new Basecamp trailer" - "Airstreams's new Basecamp is a tiny house you can tow practically anywhere"

See their article, images and slide show:

http://inhabitat.com/travel-off-road...ecamp-trailer/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Inhabitat image- Basecamp streetside view.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	271648  
SilverGate is offline   Reply With Quote