Old 10-01-2016, 03:37 AM   #155
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Now that you have received your demo models, could you please comment on the location of both the sewer dump, and also the two low-hanging projections under the rear corners, in terms of possible vulnerability to high curbs, boulders, etc. during tight turns, boondocking, and parking in rural campsites with rocks and boulders nearby.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander & Sea View Post
P

Not sure on the exact date, but our demo (which will also be our first) should be here next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenbelle View Post
Here on the central coast we will also be getting our demo in at the end of the week and we apparently have six coming to each store (we have two locations). I believe they have been ordered with all the options as well, but won't know that for sure til we see them.

Old 10-04-2016, 03:09 PM   #156

Currently Looking...
Silverado , California
I put a deposit down on a new Basecamp a week ago I couldn't be more excited. I was wondering if any forum members know if dealers will be negotiating on the new Basecamp? My specific dealer said they will be selling them at MSRP but since this is my first Airstream purchase I want to make sure I don't make any newbie mistakes. Should I try negotiating even though they said they are sticking to MSRP?

If anyone is curious; my unit is expected to ship from the factory to the dealer on or around October 20th.

Looking forward to learning from you all. Thank you!

Old 10-04-2016, 04:22 PM   #157
TahoeStream'n

2012 20' Flying Cloud
La Habra , California
I would negotiate regardless. My selling dealer in So Calif Airstream of Orange County on their website has a line across their MSRP listing on all their Basecamps. Never pay retail for anything.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:22 PM   #158

Currently Looking...
Silverado , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by subfan1 View Post
I would negotiate regardless. My selling dealer in So Calif Airstream of Orange County on their website has a line across their MSRP listing on all their Basecamps. Never pay retail for anything.
Thanks. I always negotiate when I buy cars, appliances, etc. but I've never put a deposit down on a brand new product or special order. Just wondering if it's common for the Airstream brand in particular to stick to MSRP on a new product.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:08 PM   #159
Rich and Kat

2017 30' Classic
Annandale , Virginia
We saw one on display at Colonial while we were picking up our trailer a week and a half ago - we both loved it! Especially cool with the two tents connected to it. Very, very nice unit. Good luck and congrats to all who pull the trigger... Funny you can't compare but I told Patrick if that had been available when we put our deposit on the Classic ... who knows what we'd have done ...
AIRHEDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 07:12 PM   #160
1 Rivet Member

Dothan , Alabama
Here's Patrick at Colonial demonstrating the tents:

https://youtu.be/NeFIg2rfa0c
Old 10-05-2016, 11:28 AM   #161
Rivet Slave

2014 27' FB International
Western WA , Washington
It is every dealer's dream to stick to MSRP or even MSRP+ on pricing. Doesn't mean they'll get it, but they love to do that whenever possible. I view it as my job to help wake them from their dream, or to wait until the market lets that happen. If you want to be an early adopter or buy one of only 100 of a particular model, then you're more likely to pay MSRP. No big, just be ready accept that if those things are important to you.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 04:15 AM   #162
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Would the dealers please comment on the location of the sewer dump and those two low-hanging projections under the rear corners? Have any prospective purchasers questioned whether these low points might be damaged in rural boondocking type campsites?

It would seem that discussing possible weak links in the design chain is helpful, so that certain users of the new Basecamp are clear about what risks are involved, even in this new and improved model.

Thanks,

Peter

PS -- These questions are being asked here, rather than in the newer "Fans" thread, so as not to muddy up the waters there:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f404...mp-157390.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander & Sea View Post
P

Not sure on the exact date, but our demo (which will also be our first) should be here next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenbelle View Post
Here on the central coast we will also be getting our demo in at the end of the week and we apparently have six coming to each store (we have two locations). I believe they have been ordered with all the options as well, but won't know that for sure til we see them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew T View Post
We should receive our Basecamp tomorrow.
. . .
I'll let you know what I find.
. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Now that you have received your demo models, could you please comment on the location of both the sewer dump, and also the two low-hanging projections under the rear corners, in terms of possible vulnerability to high curbs, boulders, etc. during tight turns, boondocking, and parking in rural campsites with rocks and boulders nearby.

Thanks
Old 10-14-2016, 10:29 AM   #163
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
2006 25' Safari SS SE
Austin in winter & Lincoln in summer , Texas & Montana
Basecamp

Saw a new Basecamp at Buda TX dealer yesterday... $44k loaded....looked very nice but expensive and little storage...hammock style storage shelves would not be secure for some of the roads we have traveled. Price high to me. Salesman said they have sold a lot of Sport models since Basecamp came out. Said Basecamp also selling, but lesser equipped models than model we saw.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:48 AM   #164
Rivet Master

2014 30' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Since the factory mentioned the price topping out at $40,000 with all the options, looks like some inflated profit figures somewhere.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:56 AM   #165
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Got an email this morning from Sutton RV. Basecamps 10% off MSRP.
Old 10-15-2016, 11:14 AM   #166
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
2006 25' Safari SS SE
Austin in winter & Lincoln in summer , Texas & Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
Since the factory mentioned the price topping out at $40,000 with all the options, looks like some inflated profit figures somewhere.
It had sunroof, solar, A/C, microwave, and looked like oversize tires and rims...not sure if those were stock or not. Said it was a "demo" model but they would love to sell it. Did not see a TV. 4 more on order he said....List shows $40.384; perhaps delivery costs and prep? May have some extra goodies included...I did not see the invoice. Still, a lot of money for a "Ben Hur chariot" with a bathroom! (my take...)
Old 10-15-2016, 12:15 PM   #167
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
. . .
. . . a "Ben Hur chariot" with a bathroom! (my take...)
Hey, I resemble that!

Still no feedback from the dealers, as requested in Posts #155 and #162, about possible low-point weak links in the design chain, which would be helpful to know about before they snag a boulder or curb IMO.

Old 10-15-2016, 12:35 PM   #168
4 Rivet Member

2008 23' Safari SE
2007 Base Camp
Santa Ynez , California
Still, a lot of money for a "Ben Hur chariot" with a bathroom! (my take...)[/QUOTE]

We hear that analogy from time-to-time (more often horse trailer!), but isn't $5-10K more for one the same size that looks like a loaf of bread a lot of money, too?

All Airstreams cost a lot of money, and a lot of folks seem to think they are worth it.