Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Base Camp
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-26-2021, 06:08 AM   #621
2 Rivet Member

1975 27' Overlander
2019 Basecamp
Troy , MI
FYI: Airstream has full hook ups and free camping at their location while you are visiting the factory...first come first serve
corvettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 06:49 AM   #622
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

If you head over to the threads by folks who *have* compressor fridges in this AS van or that AS trailer, what do you find ..... folks tearing this model or that model apart to add fans for ventilation. Sound familiar ? The compressor fridges still need air flow.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 07:00 AM   #623
2 Rivet Member

2022 20' Basecamp
Naples , Florida
Replaced a lot but now leak

Replaced with marine frig a few years ago - had to add inverter and replaced factory solar panels with decent ones and two agm batteries - frig is great now but all the work has left me with leak up front that only occurs during heavy storms - I was thinking of maybe sealing the old front vent.

One last thing sort of related as annoying since first night I brought home the back door still leaks - have to seal top half of door with D-tape all the time if i dont want it to leak.

Good to see the frig thread lives on - an AS tradition I guess.
randsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 05:25 AM   #624
2 Rivet Member

1975 27' Overlander
2019 Basecamp
Troy , MI
Hi, I was reading the BBB site as to airstream complaints and see Airstream is not a BBB member. Per discussion threads, appears Airstream is paying to have problem child trailers shipped back to them in Ohio, but under no circumstances will they buy the trailer back, which is one thing I've noticed per the threads, only will fix. Lemon law doesn't apply apparently unless you are an Ohio residient they say...just a FYI
Old 08-27-2021, 05:36 AM   #625
2 Rivet Member

1975 27' Overlander
2019 Basecamp
Troy , MI
As to electric only air flow issue, thinknig just vent it inside the trailer, as AiS dealer tells me they seal over the exterior vent area to get rid of all possible water leaks and keep internal to the trailer...Still seems conterintuitive as per basecamp, i plan on using it in northern ontario in the middle of nowhere, and this seems like a step backwards....would be nice if they offerece both styles of fridges...