Old 09-18-2019, 08:54 AM   #561
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

According to the spec sheet, the R4500 pulls 4.4A on 12V. A typical fridge under typical conditions ruins about a 30% to 50% duty cycle. Full 100% duty cycle ( = absolute worst case) would be 105 AH / day. Normally you should see 30 to 50 AH / day off of the battery.

A pair of group 24's (with no solar) give you around 80 AH usable. A single group 24 would be half that. ( = you do want to be sure you have the battery upgrade). You also very much want to make sure your batteries are in good shape.

A good guess on a 100W panel is that it will deliver 40AH under good (= near ideal) conditions.

So yes, if you run nothing else *and* the solar is really doing it's thing, you could go for a lot of days. If the clouds roll in and it's a shady campsite, two days may be about it.

Indeed the "acid test" is going to be next July or August when it's 120 degrees in the shade. Checking a fridge when it's 32 out (which it is here right now) probably isn't much of a test

Bob

uncle_bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:04 AM   #562
3 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Kings Park , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by LABC View Post
Did you use shore power for the initial cool down? I haven't seen a report, yet, that shows propane-only providing 35-45 degree temps. Yours would be the first.
I believe I started to run the fridge 2 days before. Also used my fan override switch so fans ran constant.

I was going to swap to the Novakool but now I'm not sure. I boondocked in VT for a week with not one sunny campsite. My dual batteries would have been very low with the Novakool I would imagine.

I think I may improve the fan, pipe the exhaust stack to the outside as Rod did.

MrKenmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:32 AM   #563
1 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
1987 23' Sovereign
1962 22' Safari
Dallas , Texas
They are replacing ours as well, I'll be interested in how yours is working. Itís been a nightmare getting this resolved, but was determined to not have to pay more to have a problem fixed cause by airstream's poor design.
dpmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 05:06 PM   #564
FMB

2017 Basecamp
Lexington , Kentucky
How did Rod route exhaust stack?

I have 2017 BC would like to know how , Rod mentioned above, routed the fridge exhaust stack would like to know how effective that fix was.

FMB is online now   Reply With Quote