Old 07-28-2005, 11:04 PM   #57

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyinva
Ok, I don't understand why any WBCCI club would oppose having an Airstream owner join in. So what if it's not self-contained! It's not as if the point of WBCCI is dumping! Well, at least it isn't to me...

Mary
Mary, our unit went round and round on this topic at our spring rally meeting. We had a few stand up and say if it isn't like ours we shouldn't let them in. They don't want those other Airstreams coming to their rallys dumping their wastes on the ground......(sure I remember I always dumped my porta potti on the ground when I had my pop up trailer .....give me a break.:

A few others stood up and noted 1. Early Airstreams weren't total self contained. Yet we let them in today. 2. Remember those short sighted individuals who blocked Argosy's and motor homes?

Most of us said if the unit is tied to Airstream, based on name or production, then they should be allowed to join. No further questions. Anything short of that is a repeat of the Argosy/motorhome snobbishness.

Our unit voted to allow any Airstream product in, regardless of the self contained clause. Those folks buying this new generation of Airstream will be the future twinkie owners anyway. Turn them away now, they'll never come back even once they own the "approved" Airstream and the organization will continue to wither on the vine.

Jack

AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 08:54 AM   #58
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
Our unit voted to allow any Airstream product in, regardless of the self contained clause. Those folks buying this new generation of Airstream will be the future twinkie owners anyway. Turn them away now, they'll never come back even once they own the "approved" Airstream and the organization will continue to wither on the vine.

Jack
From a marketing point of view, that is very forward thinking of your WBCCI unit, Jack. My wife is in PR and marketing and points out why it is so smart of Airstream to be nice to us vintage owners and show us all the support they can - one day we may buy a new coach from them. And she's right, if it was in the budget, I'd have an order for a Safari 25 SE LS FB right now.

John

Old 08-13-2005, 02:27 AM   #59
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
2. Remember those short sighted individuals who blocked Argosy's and motor homes?
Anything short of that is a repeat of the Argosy/motorhome snobbishness.
Turn them away now, they'll never come back even once they own the "approved" Airstream and the organization will continue to wither on the vine.

Jack
This is the EXACT reasons why I have not joined in the 22 years that I have owned Airstreams and Argosys.
When I bought my first Argosy I had a friend of my father's tell me that I will not be able to join the WBCCI. I told him that was their loss, not mine.
Even after the inclusion of Argosys I was not compelled to join as I had felt, (and still do feel), that this was done for monetary reasons. Why in the world would they start allowing Argosys in more than a decade after Airstream stopped producing them? Member dues.
I really do dig the people in the WBCCI. There are several coming to my rally in two weeks. I just feel that the "powers that be" need to be aware that all of us are potential members.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:36 AM   #60
Rivet Master

Base Camp update!

Come to find out, Nissan designed this jointly with Airstream.
Here is a picture that you can tell is hooked to a Nissan.
To read more about it go here: http://www.gizmag.com/go/4279/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	base camp.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	13974  
Old 08-13-2005, 06:07 AM   #61
3 Rivet Member

The Base Camp is being shown at the Outdoor Retail show in Salt Lake this weekend.