Old 06-17-2017, 09:09 PM   #1

Beaverton , Oregon
Maiden voyage - water woes

Picked up a basecamp this week and my wife and I took it out. However, having some woes with the water feeds. I hooked up to a water source at our camp ground but as soon as I turn it on it just gushes from one of the two valves underneath (low points?).

Is it possible I have my water valves in side under the seat by the pump wrong? Not sure which combination is right and don't want to keep drenching out campsite.

Thanks!

Old 06-17-2017, 09:34 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Currently Looking...
Park City , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golecr View Post
Picked up a basecamp this week and my wife and I took it out. However, having some woes with the water feeds. I hooked up to a water source at our camp ground but as soon as I turn it on it just gushes from one of the two valves underneath (low points?).

Is it possible I have my water valves in side under the seat by the pump wrong? Not sure which combination is right and don't want to keep drenching out campsite.

Thanks!

Yes those are low point valves that need to be closed. The documentation is not very clear. One of them is kind of hidden towards the front of the Truma unit.

Old 06-19-2017, 12:17 PM   #3

Beaverton , Oregon
Tried inferring which valve it was, but couldn't get it to not gush when turning on pump or city water. Reaching out to our dealer for advice, since the manual is less than helpful for the proper orientation of all the water system valves.

Unless someone else wants to help out and post the proper valve setup for normal usage, I'll try to update this thread for posterity when we get it figured out.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:36 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 28' International CCD
Springfield , Missouri
Should be able reach underneath and just turn them counter clockwise to shut them.

Did they not give you a owners manual?
Old 06-19-2017, 01:56 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Decatur , Georgia
Check out the previous thread on here (under Basecamp) for hot water problems. Someone included some really helpful diagrams including the valve positions.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:42 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

Warren , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golecr View Post
Tried inferring which valve it was, but couldn't get it to not gush when turning on pump or city water. Reaching out to our dealer for advice, since the manual is less than helpful for the proper orientation of all the water system valves.

Unless someone else wants to help out and post the proper valve setup for normal usage, I'll try to update this thread for posterity when we get it figured out.

Golecr, either one of your 1/4 turn valves on the bottom of your fresh water tank are open or else your 3-way valve at your low point drain after your truma unit is open (pointing vertical/up) it needs to be laying down