Old 08-01-2012, 05:01 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
2009 22' Interstate
South Jordan , Utah
Looking for ideas / examples to some small issues

The base camp is great, but over time, some areas are needing attention. Also, looking for improvement items. Please share what you have

1. Rear doors - has anyone come up with a good way of mounting hydraulic lifts to ease opening and help keep the doors open in the wind? Or, other ideas?

2. Cargo netting, both overhead and on the doors. - mine has become "stretched" and sagging. Has anyone come up with an alternative?

3. Cabinet sliding doors - mine are constantly falling out of the track and are like a puzzle to reassemble. Alternatives?

4. Air conditioner - has anyone replaced theirs? Did you go OEM? Or, did you find a better alternative?

5. Generator - Has anyone found good way to mount a gen?

I have searched numerous times, and I believe this could be helpful to all if we could get a "sticky" thread for these kind of items as our base camps age. If you have mods not listed here, please post.

Thanks all!

Old 08-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
Vintage Kin

Corpus Christi , Texas
It looks, indeed, like a good start to a BASECAMP mods thread. I recommend contacting the moderators for a title change to the thread to come closer to that desire.

I would also recommend pictures. Those of us who do not own the model may not be, or simply are not familiar with, what is being discussed. The telling details. But there may be experience available where a picture makes things clear.

Sold: Silver Streak Model 3411
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:45 PM   #3

Currently Looking...
2009 22' Interstate
South Jordan , Utah
Thanks for the reply Rednax. How would I go about contacting the moderators? I will get some pictures up tonight.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:56 AM   #4
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by macsfamily View Post
1. Rear doors - has anyone come up with a good way of mounting hydraulic lifts to ease opening and help keep the doors open in the wind? Or, other ideas?
Although they're called hydraulic, many are actually pneumatic instead, filled with nitrogen.

Door hold-open devices are common for handicapped access. You might consider something like this:

Residential Automatic Swing Door Operator

Quote:
3. Cabinet sliding doors - mine are constantly falling out of the track and are like a puzzle to reassemble. Alternatives?
Most sliding cabinet doors are made a little bit short, so that you can lift them up and pull out the bottom edge in order to remove them. One way to keep them in their tracks is to drill a hole front-to-back near the top edge (top left corner of the left side door, top right corner of the right-side door) and insert a removable pin (a small bolt or machine screw and nut should work well enough). Properly placed, the pin prevents the door from being raised up and coming out of its tracks. Mount so that the nut faces out, and if the bolt is long enough it makes a decent handle for sliding the door, too.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

"In a perfect world, I'd be given enough time to wrap up one emergency before the next one starts." —Freefall©2013
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote