Old 09-29-2005, 08:04 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
When you consider the thousands of new AS owners (new and vintage) I was disappointed, but not too surprised that there were only 15 new members for an entire year. With the explosion of new owners and vintage owners, that represents a poor percentage so current WBCCI marketing plans are not hitting the mark yet to drive recruitement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47WeeWind
As reported on page 7 in the September 2005 issue of Blue Beret, WBCCI membership increased by 15 members from 2003 to 2004, a positive change in the previous membership trend line.

The WBCCI Board of Directors on July 5, 2005 voted to defer considering the issue of, not deny, membership to owners of the new Base Camp until after the Base Camp actually began production. Many Board members wanted to see the trailer itself before voting, instead of voting based solely on a proposed design drawing. That certainly seems reasonable to me. The Base Camp membership issue remains open for formal consideration in the near future.

Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 08:22 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
North Central , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Hut
When you consider the thousands of new AS owners (new and vintage) I was disappointed, but not too surprised that there were only 15 new members for an entire year. With the explosion of new owners and vintage owners, that represents a poor percentage so current WBCCI marketing plans are not hitting the mark yet to drive recruitement.
Actually there were quite a few "new" members, the net gain is only 15 because of attrition...

Old 09-30-2005, 03:17 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

you would think that airstream would give away memberships with each $70,000 trailer......... the $60 bucks it would cost them would goa long way in the goodwill dept.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:55 AM   #18
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by desi arnaz
you would think that airstream would give away memberships with each $70,000 trailer......... the $60 bucks it would cost them would goa long way in the goodwill dept.
Desi,
IIRC they were doing that at one point a year or two ago. There was a long thread here on the board about it.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 09:30 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
North Central , USA
Data supports different conclusion....

Before jumping to conclusions I took a look at the empirical data. In 2004 there were 908 "new" members, in 2005 there were 1042 additional "new" members. The skewing of net-gain memberships is due to natural attrition, in many cases death or serious illness that precludes further activites in a very aged population. The 'new' wave of Airstreamers has only just begun, previously it was the sixty's & seventy's retirees that formed the core of the Airstream Club, WBCCI...I hope they change the name! The numbers do show that 'new' members are finally balancing &/or exceeding the attrition rate.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:42 AM   #20
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc
Desi,
IIRC they were doing that at one point a year or two ago. There was a long thread here on the board about it.

Aaron
I joined WBCCI in 2002 and received a free International membership that year.

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 04:19 PM   #21
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by RivetED
The numbers do show that 'new' members are finally balancing &/or exceeding the attrition rate.
That is a good thing. I don't want to be the last member of the WBCCI...Think of all the paperwork I would have to do!
Old 10-04-2005, 07:32 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by RivetED
Before jumping to conclusions I took a look at the empirical data. In 2004 there were 908 "new" members, in 2005 there were 1042 additional "new" members. The skewing of net-gain memberships is due to natural attrition, in many cases death or serious illness that precludes further activites in a very aged population. The 'new' wave of Airstreamers has only just begun, previously it was the sixty's & seventy's retirees that formed the core of the Airstream Club, WBCCI...I hope they change the name! The numbers do show that 'new' members are finally balancing &/or exceeding the attrition rate.
So we're not in a growth mode, but rather a replacement mode?

Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 10:06 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

I have to say that this issue is ridiculous. What does any of us gain by excluding Basecamp owners, or owners of any A/S product? This exclusiveness is artificial and can be suicidal. Tom

2004 Ford Excursion 6.0 PSD PWRSTRK,
and Brittany, the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever
PWRSTRK is offline   Reply With Quote