Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2016, 08:56 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Garland , Arkansas
Countdown to Delivery

Would love to know who all has committed and are counting down the days. I would love to hear who playing the waiting game as well. We ordered on 09-15, originally scheduled to deliver 11-10 and now looking at 11-28 to roll out for December delivery. Who is with us? I can't wait to hear everyone's future plans and adventures.
Trae and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:53 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Colfax , California
We placed our order on 11/9/2016. Delivery dates seem to be quite fluid at the moment. The best guess for ours is mid to late December.

One buyer at our dealership ordered 3 weeks ago and I am told that his is expected this week. Go figure.
Bborzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 06:20 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Gold Country , California
We ordered early September and picked up mid October. 8 weeks. We were told to expect 6-8, but we knew the next week the exact date ours was coming off the line.
NorCal Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 10:16 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Dublin , Ohio
My wife and I plan to order one but living in the Northern U.S. there is no point in ordering it now, taking delivery and then having to pay to store it and not use it until the Spring thaw. I will probably order mine in March and hope to take delivery in April/May.
bikechuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 10:31 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Decatur , Georgia
Hi! My husband and I ordered our Basecamp last weekend (Nov 12). Someone who had previously placed an order changed their mind, so we were able to snag that order pre-production and change it to the options we wanted. It is supposed to go on line at the factory on 12/20 with delivery in January. <crossing fingers> The salesperson was under the impression that next delivery date for a new order would be several months...but it could have been a sales tactic. Didn't matter to us - we already knew we wanted the Basecamp!
Lmnhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 08:13 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Garland , Arkansas
Countdown to delivery

Can't wait to hear the stories and see some pics.. Hope to see the basecamp in action soon!
Old 11-16-2016, 09:40 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Allen , Texas
I'm torn between a BC and a Bambi. Also waiting to have my driveway widened and carport installed first. There's no chance in hell I'm buying an Airstream without hail protection and a rental suite is out of the question.
r1alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 12:32 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

Colfax , California
Among more typical trailer jaunts, We are looking to use the Basecamp as a basecamp for star gazing. There's plenty of room for two telescopes and gear. And, the tents will allow us to keep the scopes set up when we finally get to bed.
Old 11-18-2016, 01:26 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Dublin , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bborzell View Post
Among more typical trailer jaunts, We are looking to use the Basecamp as a basecamp for star gazing. There's plenty of room for two telescopes and gear. And, the tents will allow us to keep the scopes set up when we finally get to bed.
I was leaning against getting the tents because I wondered if there would be several sites where I would be on a paved pad with a drop off or other issue that would not make it possible to use them in some and perhaps many cases. That and the fact that they are expensive has me thinking that I will likely skip them and carry a screen house with me that I could set up for shade, protection against a light rain, use with a picnic table etc. I also have given some thought to buying the rear tent only for reasons that you cite. The dealer that I have been working with told me that the tents are a bit of a pain to set up and that they are something that I could purchase later if I change my mind.
bikechuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 02:18 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

Colfax , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikechuck View Post
I was leaning against getting the tents because I wondered if there would be several sites where I would be on a paved pad with a drop off or other issue that would not make it possible to use them in some and perhaps many cases. That and the fact that they are expensive has me thinking that I will likely skip them and carry a screen house with me that I could set up for shade, protection against a light rain, use with a picnic table etc. I also have given some thought to buying the rear tent only for reasons that you cite. The dealer that I have been working with told me that the tents are a bit of a pain to set up and that they are something that I could purchase later if I change my mind.
I considered going with the rear only. Time will tell how much either gets used. We are not likely to set up shop at one spot for days at a time so setting up and taking down two tents doesn't sound like the hot setup. OTOH, settling in for a 2-3 day star gazing event might make both tents highly desirable.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:29 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

Allen , Texas
Has ANYBODY on here taken delivery of a new 2017 Basecamp yet?
Old 11-18-2016, 06:15 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Last I heard they were about a month to 6 weeks behind initial estimated delivery dates.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 06:24 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

Allen , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
Last I heard they were about a month to 6 weeks behind initial estimated delivery dates.
I wonder if they're ironing out issues from Beta units? I know the demo model I looked at had problems with the table mounts lifting off of the floor.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:50 AM   #14
3 Rivet Member

Colfax , California
We were just told that our Basecamp is scheduled to leave the factory on Jan 3. Should be to the dealer (northern California) 7-10 later.

So I have time to grade and pour the new pad and maybe get the cover built.
Old 11-24-2016, 09:33 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' Flying Cloud
Raleigh , North Carolina
30" Bunk Coming

Trailer is due to be completed 12/8. Plan on leaving Raleigh NC by 12/27 for Charleston Savanna for 10 days. Can not wait. Anderson hitch is here. Next installment from Amazon due Saturday. Hoses, etc etc etc. We are so excited to get started. Hope to be on the road at least 30-40 days per year. Still working at our company. Both sons and their families will use it too.
jim6090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 11:09 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
Detroit , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1alvin View Post
I'm torn between a BC and a Bambi. Also waiting to have my driveway widened and carport installed first. There's no chance in hell I'm buying an Airstream without hail protection and a rental suite is out of the question.
r1alvin,

My wife and I were considering the BC, but ended up going for the 16' Sport with upgrades (front rock guards, power jack, and rear bumper).

We liked both due to their small size, but we chose 16' Bambi because she and I can "grow" into it. We're just a young couple right now in our 20s and we expect kids here when the lord blesses us with them, whenever that may be . The 16' Bambi seems to be more friendly in this regard. We also love the "silver bullet" look of the Bambi.

Funny thing is that we just recently expanded our driveway and both 16ft models will fit, but there's no carport (or room for one). We're going to chance it, but be very diligent with our washing, corrosion x-ing, and polishing. If it hails, not sure what we'll do! Cross our fingers, perhaps?

Check them both out and see what will meet your needs
jwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 11:10 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
Detroit , Michigan
Oh, and we ordered our 2017 Airstream 16 Sport in October and are picking it up this Tuesday, November 29th!! We couldn't be more excited!
jwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 01:52 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

Allen , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwill View Post
r1alvin,

My wife and I were considering the BC, but ended up going for the 16' Sport with upgrades (front rock guards, power jack, and rear bumper).

We liked both due to their small size, but we chose 16' Bambi because she and I can "grow" into it. We're just a young couple right now in our 20s and we expect kids here when the lord blesses us with them, whenever that may be . The 16' Bambi seems to be more friendly in this regard. We also love the "silver bullet" look of the Bambi.

Funny thing is that we just recently expanded our driveway and both 16ft models will fit, but there's no carport (or room for one). We're going to chance it, but be very diligent with our washing, corrosion x-ing, and polishing. If it hails, not sure what we'll do! Cross our fingers, perhaps?

Check them both out and see what will meet your needs
Thanks! When I looked at our local Basecamp, they had a leftover '16 Sport on the lot that I looked through very briefly, but long enough to see numerous small yet major differences between the 2. I am still torn between them both!! May have to make another longer visit to the dealer to really figure out what I can and can't live without.

Here's a short list of items I observed when comparing the Basecamp to the 16' Sport:

Pros of the Sport:
-48" x 78" Bed is residential style in thickness although slightly smaller in physical dimensions compared to the Basecamps 76" x76" foam pad.
-Rear storage compartment on the outside of the Sport,,,not so much on the Basecamp besides that small cable storage cubby. The only other significant storage in the BC is under the seating bench.
-Combo Black/Grey water tank flush inlet. This is huge. Why does the basecamp not have this??? It has a combo tank as well!
-An ACTUAL AWNING!!
-Solid aluminum screened interior door. Basecamp has a screened door that is made out of screen material alone. Definitely not good if you have pets.

Cons of the Sport:
-Smaller 14"wheels compared to BC's 18's, possibly lower ground clearance when compared to Basecamp?
-Shower Curtain in doorway. Basecamp has a gasket around the wetbath door. Why couldn't they do the same in the Sport and get rid of the shower curtain?
-Only an 80W Solar Package option vs the Basecamp's 160W SOlar Package option.
-Smaller 21 gallon Combination Waste tank compared to BC's 29 gallon tank.
-I might be wrong here, but it seems the Sport 16 doesn't have the Truma Combi heating system.

As I list these out, the Sport sounds more and more attractive,,,I'm sure you will be more than pleased with it!
Old 11-30-2016, 06:40 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Garland , Arkansas
Our basecamp has arrived and we will take delivery week from Saturday!! Work is in the way at the moment or we would have it sooner but in the process of planning our first trip out
Old 12-04-2016, 04:49 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Garland , Arkansas
Planning just one night next Saturday after pick up at Cleburne state park to shake it down then 3 nights the following weekend at Tyler state park. Keep y'all posted! Should be great fall weather still.