Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2017, 12:52 PM   #41
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Myers , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae and Ann View Post
Would love to know who all has committed and are counting down the days. I would love to hear who playing the waiting game as well. We ordered on 09-15, originally scheduled to deliver 11-10 and now looking at 11-28 to roll out for December delivery. Who is with us? I can't wait to hear everyone's future plans and adventures.
We are counting down as well, but our "baby" is being born in July, 2017. Lots of stuff to buy to prepare.
jimrosemergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 08:39 PM   #42
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Garland , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrosemergy View Post
We are counting down as well, but our "baby" is being born in July, 2017. Lots of stuff to buy to prepare.

Very cool!! Almost like a delivery date.. 7 more months to go!! I bet you can't wait
Trae and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 02:54 PM   #43
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2017 Basecamp
Scarborough , Maine
We ordered our basecamp on December 9th. Received an email today from our sales person that it is scheduled to come off the line on March 20. We can't wait. Living in Maine we are ok with the wait, but when we get it off to Asheville. Then a trip to Gaspe' QC
gwolson50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:28 AM   #44

2017 16' Sport
Dripping Springs , Texas
My new Basecamp is supposed to arrive before the end of the month!! I hope it is on time. I can hardly wait to learn how to back it up! Yes, I am a Newbie and probably will be as long as possible!
lilyjasmine2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 02:42 AM   #45
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Saw one on the rear deck of an an RV Transporter yesterday southbound in the tip of Illinois on IH57.
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 06:50 PM   #46
3 Rivet Member

Colfax , California
Ours is in and prepped. We have a few days of storms including snow so we will hold off until Wednesday, the 25th to pick it up.
Bborzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 08:09 PM   #47
2 Rivet Member

2017 28' International
Raynham , Massachusetts
I just completed purchase of my International Serenity 28 Salsa Twin from Colonial Airstream NJ stock. I got the Mass plates yesterday. Gracie (Cavalier King Charles) and I paid it a visit a couple of days ago. It is certainly a real beauty. I we'll be picking it up the end of February. Holding off to have some trees removed along driveway and parking area, as well as any possible big snows..they will surely come in March. Plan to head to SC, TX-Big Bend and on to AZ and parts unknown the end of March. Currently looking at generators and looks like a Honda 2000 on propane. Lots of other things to outfit it as well, that was mainly the purpose of the visit..where will things fit, what do I have room for, how can I minimize.. Some priorities of this trip are serenity, taking it easy, being safe, lots of photography, cooking, and writing a journal.
My beautiful wife Barbara passed away on January 2. She and I had been after an Airstream for quite a few years and just never got it done. So I will be going solo, but really traveling for her too, going was what she loved..and I'll have our wonderful traveling companion Gracie. Sort of like Steinbeck's 'Travels with Charlie'.."A Journey with Amazing Grace".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	278543  
dont45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 05:06 PM   #48
2 Rivet Member

2011 19' Victorinox
2017 Basecamp
Lacey , Washington
One of the issues were holes that were accidentally drilled in the fresh water tank during the installation of the tables.
4WetPaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:11 AM   #49
3 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
2018 16' Sport
Long beach , Mississippi
Wednesday is the Day !

My basecamp is here , she is being prepped and I will take delivery of her on Wednesday. My Airstream Dealer is installing an Elec. tongue jack and a Blue ox, I will make some pic's and report on how it is all going. She is the Red Rock interior, damn I can not wait !
jz
Jazgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:20 AM   #50
4 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Conway , Arkansas
Countdown to delivery

I ordered mine on October 4th, 2016 and picked it up January 27, 2017.
Gail Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:24 AM   #51
4 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Conway , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazgrass View Post
My basecamp is here , she is being prepped and I will take delivery of her on Wednesday. My Airstream Dealer is installing an Elec. tongue jack and a Blue ox, I will make some pic's and report on how it is all going. She is the Red Rock interior, damn I can not wait !
jz

Cool! Did they encourage you to get the weight distribution hitch? That's the Blue Ox, correct? I have to take mine back in to get the faulty bathroom door sealed replaced and I want to weigh it at a truck stop to see what the weight distribution is on my front and rear axles. Glad yours has arrived!!!
Old 02-16-2017, 08:36 AM   #52
4 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Conway , Arkansas
Quote:
We picked up yesterday and here is what I have to report from our first night out! First off we kinda lucked out, the person who ordered the one before ours backed out last minute and we stepped in and took sale of that one. This was equipped with the second battery which they threw in. Also the dealer had ordered 15 to deliver over the next several months and have sold every one so they are selling fast.

A few people have questioned things changing from the demo unit to production and that is definitely true. They had a unit on display at the rv show in Dallas (September) and in the showroom after. It was not there anymore. I asked and was told that airstream picked it up to fix issues found in the initial demos. I don't have any clue what the issues were though no one really elaborated. But it was rough around the edges when you looked it over closely. We spent a lot of time doing just that.

Delivery was pretty straight forward but as we were the first one out the door, there was some things new to them too. They did do a great job going over the workings of everything.

Towing and handling: We have a 2015 Tundra and just hooked it up ( no sway). Easy to see around without extended mirrors. Had very gusty winds on the way home and had zero problems. Much easier to tow than our prev box TT. Expect attention, no one knows what the heck this is and several pics and curious visitors, lots of questions

Observations: The Truma heating system is a BEAST. I think it could heat up 5times the trailor without blinking an eye. It was low to mid 40s outside and to keep the TT at a good sleeping temp of around 67 it needed to be set on 48 and the heating system at that temp kept the floor toasty for bare feet nicely. So if you need to use the heat don't use normal settings expecting those results. It is def an over achiever. Also familiarize yourself with the Truma controls as we somehow shut off the hot water messing with the control and one of us has a cold shower (ahem). Also, with the sink, we were warned that you have to turn the handle completely forward to cold (down forward) or you will turn the faucet on when you shut the lid. That is true as well!

Sleeping: We tried it out "as is"' and used just sleeping bags on top of the cushions. It is in definite need of supplementation. Kind of expected, but wanted to see how it slept as is. Will be looking into finding some extra padding.

Everything seemed very sturdy and well built. I loved the size and layout and it is exactly what we hoped for. We had zero issues with squeaky stabilizer jacks as reported in the showroom models all seemed very solid. BUT that smoke detector is very touch and it has nothing to do with our cooking!!

So far no regrets, can't wait until we can take it out for a longer journey with our dog.

Trae an Ann
I made my bed at the back ... I'm short, 5'1". I made the bed from a 2" memory foam twin mattress that I cut down to follow the curve of the back of the camper. I added a memory foam/gel topper to that. I will probably just keep the back table in place for this set up, I had to add a filler board on top of the table top. I needed the extra floor space for my two dogs, both of whom weigh 100 pounds. This set up would not work for someone bigger than I.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:51 AM   #53
4 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Conway , Arkansas
Basecamp bed

I made my bed at the back ... I'm short, 5'1". I made the bed from a 2" memory foam twin mattress that I cut down to follow the curve of the back of the camper. I added a memory foam/gel topper to that. I will probably just keep the back table in place for this set up, I had to add a filler board on top of the table top. I needed the extra floor space for my two dogs, both of whom weigh 100 pounds. This set up would not work for someone bigger than I. I plan to use a Velcro strap to hold it all in place while I travel. Time will tell if that works. I'm still waiting to get the title in the mail so I can get tags for it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Basecamp bed.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	376.9 KB
ID:	279944  
Old 02-16-2017, 09:05 AM   #54
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Santa Barbara , California
Sorry to hear of your loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dont45 View Post
I just completed purchase of my International Serenity 28 Salsa Twin from Colonial Airstream . . . My beautiful wife Barbara passed away on January 2. She and I had been after an Airstream for quite a few years and just never got it done . . .
I hope your ventures in the long awaited trailer will provide some healing in your journey after losing Barbara.

Safe travels.
dmslawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:43 AM   #55

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
I've ordered two Airstreams and both ended up with interesting outcomes. My first Airstream was ordered in March of 2001 and was delivered to the dealer in May. Interestingly enough it got delivered about a week after a giant hailstorm hit the area and the dealer suffered massive damage to all of the outside stored trailer stock and customer trailers awaiting servicing. Hailstones were reported to be as big as baseballs. I dodged a bullet on that one.

Fast forward in September 2003 I ordered my Classic slide out at a dealer sponsored rally at the Missouri state fairgrounds. Projected delivery time was January 2004. I just happened to be up at the dealership the week prior to Thanksgiving, prowling around the dealer's lot and found newly delivered, a duplicate of the trailer I ordered other than it had a leather sofa. (I had ordered since I wanted the 15K heat pump and at the time Airstream's standard was the 13.5K air conditioner). Bottom line the new unit on the lot had the 15K heat pump. I went into the dealer owners office and asked if he would give me the same deal on the trailer in his lot rather than wait for mine to be delivered in January. We settled on a small adjustment to reflect the leather sofa and I took the Classic home two days before Thanksgiving. It ended up being a good move since January was snowy and I'm sure my previously ordered trailer got a salt bath in the process of being towed from JC.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:32 PM   #56
4 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Conway , Arkansas
Quote:
In the middle of a 4 night stay .. can't be happier with this trailer. We are still learning a few things. For one the knobs on the top and bottom of the bathroom is for sealing the shower. Use those or you will leak. Also we packed a small space heater for the overnight so you don't cook. But the truma is wonderful when thawing out from a 30 degree hike. So far went from 78 to 28 degrees on this trip.. that's Texas for you!! Still trying to figure out the final solution for sleep support ..we have a short queen topper we had for our previous trailer and that fits just great. A little space on either side for water bottles phones and such when rolled out but bulky! Does roll up and fit in the very back and can be used as a lounge support though. We're getting the bugs worked out. Will be camping the next 2 nights if anyone has a question I'll ck back before we break camp. Here's a few picsAttachment 276846Attachment 276847Attachment 276848Attachment 276849Attachment 276850Attachment 276851
The seal on my bathroom door is faulty and Airstream has agreed to replace it. Be sure and check your bathroom doors to make sure the seal is properly installed. :-)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_MG_9925.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	279950  
Old 02-16-2017, 02:44 PM   #57
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Garland , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Miller View Post
The seal on my bathroom door is faulty and Airstream has agreed to replace it. Be sure and check your bathroom doors to make sure the seal is properly installed. :-)

I haven't noticed anything like this but we are taking it out again tomorrow. I will add this to my list of things to inspect. Thanks! Just received a short queen size "futon like" bed that rolls up and ties. They had it in all different colors. I am hoping this is going to be our best bet for sleeping. I will take some pics let y'all know
Must say this basecamp is so great for getting out of the city if only for a weekend or few days. So far no regrets it's just what we needed.
Trae and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:57 AM   #58
3 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
2018 16' Sport
Long beach , Mississippi
I love what you did with the bed, I am 5"4, my cattle dog weighs in at 55. I tormented my self with the hitch issue, then decided to go with my dealer on the Ox and sway. I brought her ( Luna Sea) home myself, and took her in for a brake controller adjustment yesterday. It was a super positive experience. Today I will unhitch and set her up, practice practice. First trip of any distance (Florida) around March 26 th.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:02 AM   #59
3 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
2018 16' Sport
Long beach , Mississippi
Anyone using thermarest self inflatables ?
Old 02-17-2017, 06:03 AM   #60
3 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
2018 16' Sport
Long beach , Mississippi
Love to know about your bedroll name��