Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Base Camp
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-29-2018, 08:00 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

los alamos , New Mexico
Basecamp lift kit

Hello all,
I am rather new hear and havemt posted much. Question for you all, I am picking up a 18 basecamp in a couple of days. The first thing I want to do is add a lift kit. It appears torflex makes a fairly simple kit that may or may not work. Does anyone have any information on a 3 inch plus lift kit for a basecamp? Thank you in advance.
nmcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:39 AM   #2

2017 Basecamp
Union City , California
Also interested in lifting our Basecamp slightly. I'm curious what they used for the Basecamp X?
mpa90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:59 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Bentonville , Arkansas
I have a BC X. Is there anything I can check out/pics I can take to help?
trd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 02:54 AM   #4

2017 Basecamp
Falls Church , VA
hey trd09, not sure how much of a hassle it is to take a look at your axel but I was wondering if the BCX uses the axel spacers made by Dexter (the axel manufacturer) or if it's something else. Specs say they lift 2.6" so I'm not sure if 3" is marketing or if BCX is using something different. I'll try to attach a pic for reference...

Thanks in advance for any help
JTRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 04:18 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
You might call Colonial to see if the BC X lift kit is sold separately IMO:

https://www.colonialrv.com/blog/2019...ale-need-know/

Patrick Botticelli is a good sales rep there who could point you in the right direction. Have you asked your dealer?

Good luck,

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 09:13 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Bentonville , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTRX View Post
hey trd09, not sure how much of a hassle it is to take a look at your axel but I was wondering if the BCX uses the axel spacers made by Dexter (the axel manufacturer) or if it's something else. Specs say they lift 2.6" so I'm not sure if 3" is marketing or if BCX is using something different. I'll try to attach a pic for reference...

Thanks in advance for any help
I'll poke around tonight pending weather
trd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 11:02 PM   #7

2017 Basecamp
Falls Church , VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
You might call Colonial to see if the BC X lift kit is sold separately IMO:

https://www.colonialrv.com/blog/2019...ale-need-know/

Patrick Botticelli is a good sales rep there who could point you in the right direction. Have you asked your dealer?

Good luck,

Peter
Thanks for the URL. I purchased from a private seller so I don't have a regular dealer but I'll find one and give them a shout. Thanks!
JTRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 05:35 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Colonial is relatively close to you, and their service dept. is well-regarded. You might also ask about them installing the lift kit, if you also have warranty work to be done. Not to rain on your parade, but it seems as if the BC fridge does not work dependably in hot weather, with direct sun on the front of the trailer. The Simple Survey thread chronicles this well IMO. AS has tried a few fixes but none seems to do the job thoroughly.

Good luck,

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote