2018 Basecamp
Franklin , Wisconsin

Name:   IMG_8025.JPG
Views: 1490
Size:  108.9 KB

Name:   IMG_8024.JPG
Views: 1498
Size:  101.2 KB
We found some S hooks to hang our mugs from the overhead bars.

We also found some really nice and tiny 12v fans made by Honeywell. They plug into the USB outlets.

We also put up a tension shower curtain rod between the aluminum columns in the bathroom. We have a white fabric shower curtain liner. It takes up almost no room and keeps water off the door completely.

I was thinking about ordering a custom teak shower mat.

S.Duckling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 07:35 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Conway , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Duckling View Post
Attachment 290778Attachment 290779
We found some S hooks to hang our mugs from the overhead bars.

We also found some really nice and tiny 12v fans made by Honeywell. They plug into the USB outlets.

We also put up a tension shower curtain rod between the aluminum columns in the bathroom. We have a white fabric shower curtain liner. It takes up almost no room and keeps water off the door completely.

I was thinking about ordering a custom teak shower mat.
The shower curtain liner is a great idea, since some folks have reported leaks from the bathroom door. I had to have my bathroom door seal replaced as it stuck to the door when it was opened. Thank you!!

Gail Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 12:11 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
2018 16' Sport
Long beach , Mississippi
https://www.amazon.com/gp/r.html?C=2...BFYGFWQCSROV8A

I hope this will show the picture of the little 3x3 freezer packs I've bought to help the lame frig; leaving for NM first week of September.....
Jazgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 12:38 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Decatur , Georgia
Thanks so much for the zipper extender tip! We've already had to use needle-nosed pliers to grab one below the frame.

We also use S-hooks to hang various items from the overhead bins, and have a USB powered fan.

I might have been slow on this one - the storage area underneath the seating has been a pain to load/unload while trying to keep the top open. Finally I solved that with a bungee cord hooked to the overhead bin. I can organize with both hands free now! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1137.JPG
Views:	453
Size:	302.8 KB
ID:	290972
Lmnhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 03:55 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Conway , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmnhead View Post
Thanks so much for the zipper extender tip! We've already had to use needle-nosed pliers to grab one below the frame.

We also use S-hooks to hang various items from the overhead bins, and have a USB powered fan.

I might have been slow on this one - the storage area underneath the seating has been a pain to load/unload while trying to keep the top open. Finally I solved that with a bungee cord hooked to the overhead bin. I can organize with both hands free now! Attachment 290972
The bungee cord idea is great! Thank you!! The seats/bed lids to the under the seating storage are HEAVY. It is hard to hold them open!
Old 08-01-2017, 04:43 AM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Decatur , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Miller View Post
The bungee cord idea is great! Thank you!! The seats/bed lids to the under the seating storage are HEAVY. It is hard to hold them open!
I have to add a precaution to the bungee lid idea, since I almost bungee'ed my head. Instead of attaching it to the lid as shown, make sure the bungee hooks around the clip where it attaches to the wood, not the flexible part (more stable). (OUCH)
Old 08-01-2017, 10:36 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Conway , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazgrass View Post
https://www.amazon.com/gp/r.html?C=2...BFYGFWQCSROV8A

I hope this will show the picture of the little 3x3 freezer packs I've bought to help the lame frig; leaving for NM first week of September.....
Jaz, this gave me a thought. I had a 4lb Yeti ice block in my freezer. I put it in the bottom of my BC refrigerator. It had been running for several hours and only got down to the typical ~70 degrees. I wondered if the Yeti ice might help boost the cooling. Left the fridge on all night and at 11:00 a.m. this morning, the box was 34 degrees and the freezer is -8 !!! The Yeti ice has melted to liquid. Shore power only. I also saw on a YouTube video where a guy said that even on shore power, the refrigerator has to use the battery. I keep my BC plugged into shore power, but I don't always have the battery switched turned to 'on'. It has to be 'on' to charge the battery. Yesterday, I had the battery switch 'on' and when I turned the refrigerator on, it was the first time I have ever heard a fan in my refrigerator ???? So ... to others ... is your battery switch turned on?? Sorry, if that is a stupid question. Arkansas temps have been a bit lower the last few days, mid-80's and lower humidity. My camper sits in a carport with a tall roof.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:06 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
2018 16' Sport
Long beach , Mississippi
Hmmm, my baby is at the dealership, I have "real " shore power here and she is always hooked, and you know...I'll get back to you on that as I prepare to hit the road.
Jazgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 05:01 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Conway , Arkansas
Quote:
I have to add a precaution to the bungee lid idea, since I almost bungee'ed my head. Instead of attaching it to the lid as shown, make sure the bungee hooks around the clip where it attaches to the wood, not the flexible part (more stable). (OUCH)
Thanks for that update! :-) Ouch indeed!
Old 08-24-2017, 04:43 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Currently Looking...
Park City , Utah
Anyone using the external LP port? How would it be used? My understanding is that there's no easy way to connect it to any standard grills like Coleman Roadtrip?
FricknFrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 11:20 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Decatur , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FricknFrack View Post
Anyone using the external LP port? How would it be used? My understanding is that there's no easy way to connect it to any standard grills like Coleman Roadtrip?

I just bought a quick connect kit for the Weber, but I have not put it together yet. This company also sells one for the Roadtrip. http://propanegear.com/rv-gear/
Old 08-24-2017, 12:53 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Currently Looking...
Park City , Utah
Quote:
I just bought a quick connect kit for the Weber, but I have not put it together yet. This company also sells one for the Roadtrip. http://propanegear.com/rv-gear/

Thanks!
FricknFrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:56 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Edwardsville , Illinois
I had the same problem, so I don't zip them all the way down. That fixed it for me.
AThiker66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 12:38 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

Colfax , California
Waiting for someone to fabricate smoked plexiglass "eyebrows" to mount over the side windows so you can leave the windows open during rain.

Bborzell is offline   Reply With Quote