Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Base Camp
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-06-2017, 10:48 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Flagstaff , Arizona
Basecamp battery location

New to the Basecamp, Airstream, and trailering, so this is all an adventure to me. I found most of the electrical components, but I can't figure out where the battery is. When the dealer installed the solar panels, they put the control panel in the left from cabinet under the sink. Is the battery down there?
basecamp516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 05:36 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Decatur , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by basecamp516 View Post
New to the Basecamp, Airstream, and trailering, so this is all an adventure to me. I found most of the electrical components, but I can't figure out where the battery is. When the dealer installed the solar panels, they put the control panel in the left from cabinet under the sink. Is the battery down there?
The battery is under the cabinet that is beneath the sink. I think the bottom boards lift up/pull out, although I have not looked under there myself yet.
Lmnhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 03:52 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Colfax , California
They do lift out, but they are screwed down.
Bborzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 05:24 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Frederick , Maryland
Battery removal?

Once you get the covering off, does anyone have hints or directions on how to work on and/or remove the batteries! With the door of the cabinet on, there's not enough width to remove the cover. Just trying to get two hand into the space is difficult. Suggestions???
Gbgstaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 05:09 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
New Cumberland , Pennsylvania
To get to the batteries: 1- Remove glass door below the sink (loosen plastic screws on with top and bottom hinges and slide door our). Batteries are under cabinet floor. 2- Remove backboard (4 screws in corners) against wall and lift out 3- Remove 4 corner screws in cabinet floor and lift out 4- Batteries are in metal box (lift metal lid 4/5 inches and push on lid towards wall to disconnect lid from back of metal box) Remove lid 5- You now have access to batteries - if the are AGM they will weigh somewhere between 55 to 60 pounds each! Hope this explanation helps gain access to the batteries and remove them - Dave

PS: Might want to put some duct tape on the leading edge of the board holding the utensil drawer because it is sharp and can cut your scalp if your hit your head on it when pulling the batteries!
crozsr is offline   Reply With Quote