Old 03-08-2017, 07:02 AM   #29
Rivet Master

Lakes Region , New Hampshire
One point to note, is that the manual states NEVER exceed 40.6psi of water pressure in the Truma system, make sure your regulator is set correctly for city water. Interesting though as most pumps will pressurize to 55-60psi before shutting off.

RandyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 05:09 PM   #30

Lubbock , Texas
No Hot Water

We just took delivery of our Basecamp yesterday and experienced the same no hot water issue last night. I looked relentlessly for the valve described in post 16 to no avail. Could anyone describe in more detail where it is located or possibly post a picture. Thanks

YardDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:50 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by YardDog View Post
We just took delivery of our Basecamp yesterday and experienced the same no hot water issue last night. I looked relentlessly for the valve described in post 16 to no avail. Could anyone describe in more detail where it is located or possibly post a picture. Thanks
annebelle, PNWRich and nwcamper, could you give us more detailed feedback on the location of the valve please? Did your dealer or salesperson describe the function of the Truma and the valve, and why turning the valve solves the initial problem?

Thanks,

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by annebelle View Post
Hi everyone - #16 did the trick! Thank you!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWRich View Post
I just tried the fix mentioned by nwcamper and I am happy to report that annebelle's Basecamp has hot water galore! Just in time for a long weekend at Deception Pass. ��
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcamper View Post
Fixed! Kevin at Airstream Adventures NW directed me to turn a valve off in the furnace compartment. In our Basecamp, it was a small black valve on a small white pipe, uppermost, about half way between the furnace unit and bathroom wall. Kind of hidden under ducts and wires. Lots and lots of hot water now!
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:00 PM   #32
1 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Issaquah , Washington
Valve location

Yarddog and Peter:

I just followed what Kevin posted and was able to locate the valve. Basically it is a black valve that I turned counter clockwise. It is below and between the two big insulated pipes, which I spread to reach the twist valve. It is also fairly close to the bathroom wall end of the bench. I would post a pic but the interface here is asking for a URL and I don't have my pics posted anywhere on line. There really aren't that many valves in there so just find one that fits the description and give it a go.
PNWRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:10 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Thanks Rich. What is the function of this valve in the scheme of things Truma?

YardDog, welcome to the forum, and can you find the valve now?

I don't have a Basecamp [and thus can't look for the valve] but am intrigued by the design. If these growing pain issues could be ironed out by Airstream, I could see a Basecamp being a downsizing possibility in a couple of years.

Peter
Old 03-13-2017, 02:52 PM   #34
1 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Issaquah , Washington
Added a couple of pics

Figured out the pics - see if these help...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0647.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	215.1 KB
ID:	281416   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0648.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	281417  

Old 03-13-2017, 03:26 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Thanks so what do you figure, is this some kind of balancing or tempering valve, which prevents the Truma domestic hot water discharge from being too hot? Weird that it is not in the owner's manual.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:57 PM   #36
1 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
Issaquah , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Thanks so what do you figure, is this some kind of balancing or tempering valve, which prevents the Truma domestic hot water discharge from being too hot? Weird that it is not in the owner's manual.
I bet that is exactly what it is. The water comes out piping hot when the spigot is turned all the way hot so folks should probably be a little careful but that is always the case, isn't it? The manual is definitely very light on details.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:42 PM   #37

Lubbock , Texas
Thanks Rich those photos helped a bunch. Unfortunately I don't have that valve on my setup. Just a inlet block valve and a outlet block valve. So perhaps I have a different problem. I did manage to find a drawing of the plumbing system.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Plumbing.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	217.8 KB
ID:	281426  
Old 03-14-2017, 05:10 PM   #38

Lubbock , Texas
Working with Airstream now on troubleshooting my system. I was provided an updated plumbing drawing, I figured I would share so others can see how the bypass valve is tied into the system.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 6.05.02 PM.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	281474  
Old 03-14-2017, 06:42 PM   #39
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by YardDog View Post
Working with Airstream now on troubleshooting my system. I was provided an updated plumbing drawing, I figured I would share so others can see how the bypass valve is tied into the system.
Thanks, and welcome to the forum!

So the new valve added to the new drawing is in the lower left relative to the middle more or less? Why didn't AS label the valve in the drawing and give it a part number? Has AS confirmed that it is a mixing valve?

Old 03-14-2017, 06:48 PM   #40
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirstreamInc View Post
LMNhead, we're really sorry to hear you and others are having an issue with removing the tabletops in your new Basecamp. There is supposed to be a rubber o-ring inside the cup on the bottom side of each table. The o-ring is supposed to keep the posts from jamming inside the cups. If you're able to remove the table, can you please check to see if those o-rings are there?
Thanks for your post on the other thread, and welcome to the forum!

Perhaps you could review this entire thread, and comment on why so many Basecamp users are having to figure out this [mixing?] valve, which is not in the owner's manual apparently.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 04-11-2017, 10:38 PM   #41
1 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
SoCal , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Thanks for your post on the other thread, and welcome to the forum!

Perhaps you could review this entire thread, and comment on why so many Basecamp users are having to figure out this [mixing?] valve, which is not in the owner's manual apparently.

Thanks,

Peter
We had the same exact problem with ours. Our valve was wide open when we received the unit. Not sure why they would ship them like this.

This valve is not in the manual from Airstream or Truma. It is some mixing valve as it connects the cold water supply directly to the hot water side. This doesn't make a lot of sense sense as the pressure on both sides should be equal and mixing would depend on the random pressure drops in the system. BUT, it looks like there might be a pressure regulator that reduces the inlet pressure to the Truma as its maximum rated pressure is around 40 psi, yet the typical pump and city water is regulated to around 50 with the internal regulator. IF this is the case the cold water would be at 50 and hot at 40 and having that valve open would push LOTS of cold water into the hot side.

Who knows, it's a shame Airstream can't hop on here and provide tech support. I have to say the lack of support on all these issues, the axle issue without a lot of comments from Airstream are making me second guess my choice. I thought they were a premium brand, but what a cruddy product launch. I returned mine to my dealer with rubbing tire issues and a laundry list of necessary fixes.
Joe_Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:55 AM   #42
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Welcome to the forum Joe_Julie, but sorry for this baptism by fire. FYI I just asked AirstreamInc to clarify their participation here on the Basecamp Issues thread:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f404...es-162632.html

Good luck to all!

Peter