Old 06-09-2018, 01:46 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Thanks for the update, and for keeping the pressure on AS and your dealer.

The "recognition" you seek from Thor and Airstream may be a while in coming, unfortunately, judging from how long the Simple Survey thread's fridge issues have gone unresolved IMO.

Peter

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f404...ne-169937.html

OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:12 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member

2018 Basecamp
Fairview , TX
Door Window Missing

Well we received a call from our Airstream dealer yesterday informing us the the parts for the repairs (including the window) have been received. We dropped her off yesterday and are very optimistic that she will be back in service soon!

Airkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:26 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Crawford , Colorado
I gave up!!

After 5 trips to the dealer, a 500 mile round trip, I gave up on my 2017 Basecamp and sold it back to the dealer fro about 50% of what I paid.

The final straw was that the front window shattered while sitting in my barn.

The 2017 Basecamp was an ill-designed, ill-built piece of junk.

I also bought one, and way overpaid, because of the Airstream name and reputation. What a crock.

And by the way dont be fooled by replies to this forum that seem to come directly from Airstream. I talked with Jon in the Airstream Customer Service Dept and he said it was a third party thing and that Airstream ignored them.

The best view of my Basecamp was when it left my driveway for the last time.
dickgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:13 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member

2017 22' Sport
Renton , Washington
Basecamp Saga

Good afternoon AS forum!

I don't think my wife is ever going to trust my judgement again... Another two weekends of campground reservations canceled and promised updates from the dealership don't ever come. Optimism fades with my credibility. But it only stings when I make that monthly payment, and when I am stuck home watching the golf channel each weekend dreaming of "glamping" in a....Nucamp T@b 400? or in an Alto Safari Condo? Or in perhaps a Lance 1475? Hmmm, to do over again....

For those shopping for the AS Basecamp in the Northwest, don't hesitate to reach out.
Glampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 06:46 PM   #33
2 Rivet Member

2017 22' Sport
Renton , Washington
Basecamp Saga

Good Afternoon AS Basecamp Forum!

I got an opportunity to use our Basecamp this weekend with a functioning (at least on electricity) refrigerator and air conditioner. After two weeks at the dealership, I picked up our Basecamp this past Friday and my wife and I went a couple of hours south to a KOA campground in Longview, WA.

We were happy not to have had to use our big cooler as our perishable items and beer could be placed in our refer...how novel!? We were also happy to escape to the comfort of our air conditioned trailer after hanging around outside in the heat on Saturday.

So at this point, months into our journey with the 2018 Basecamp, we felt like we may have finally gone "Glamping" as we had intended when we bought into the Airstream dream. Though we hope that the rest of the summer will go smoothly, there is at least one more item on the repair punch list that the dealer has committed to repair at a future date. We would prefer to use this forum to share journeys, hacks, solutions, etc., so let's see how it goes!

Thanks,

Glampman
Old 06-25-2018, 05:03 AM   #34
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
Thank you so much for the update. We often hear about the discontent of brand new Airstream owners but rarely hear that the bugs do and in your case did get worked out. Hopefully things will continue to go smoothly but if not you now know the process of how to get resolutions. Enjoy that Basecamp and post pictures when you can.

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 01:14 PM   #35
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Hi Airkeeper,

We are happy to hear that your dealership was able to repair your issues. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at customer_support@airstream.com

Thank You.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:34 PM   #36
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glampman View Post
. . .
I got an opportunity to use our Basecamp this weekend with a functioning (at least on electricity) refrigerator . . .
. . .
Thanks for the update, Greg, and glad you were able to use the new BC!

Just to clarify, are you still waiting to see if the fridge now works on propane, in the heat of summer and in direct sunlight, when the air temp is above 80 F?

In Post #16 you updated us:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glampman View Post
. . .
2. Refer--does not chill on either propane or electric, despite the dealer stating that it will chill on propane while waiting for new mother board for the electric portion.
. . .
Reading between the lines here, could you clarify whether your fridge works on propane, and at what temps and sun conditions?

The Simple Survey thread has not been updated recently, but it is not clear whether all the BC fridge fixes have worked in all camping conditions.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f404...ne-169937.html

Thanks,

Peter
Old 06-26-2018, 09:17 PM   #37
2 Rivet Member

2017 22' Sport
Renton , Washington
Basecamp Saga

Hi AS Forum,

Thanks for keeping up with my ongoing story. To answer Peter's question, I did not test the refer on propane since the Basecamp's latest trip to the dealer. But I will do my best to get back to you with that information.

The dealer has some ideas about fixing the bowed bathroom door and will contact me when the new door comes in.

Other than that, I am looking forward to a trip up north to Concrete Washington for a couple of days next week to do some more Glamping in the Basecamp.

So despite no further discussion from AS regarding their commitment to recognizing the amount of time, energy, and frustration involved in this journey, l feel compelled to talk about the things that I really like about this trailer because it seems fair.

1. She is a stunner! If looks could kill! From the ominously dark windows, to those killer tail light fins, this thing is art...not necessarily the most functional art, but pretty, she is. And people do stare!

2. A real pleasurable and stable tow. No additional stabilizing tow accessories necessary for us. Really easy to maneuver.

3. Love all of the USB ports! Everybody and their brother can charge their gear at the same time!

4. It only takes a small bluetooth speaker to fill the trailer as it has these amazing acoustics. The way sound moves through the inside of the trailer is a real treat to the ears.

5. The way the interior lights bounce off the aluminum inside when the shades are all zipped up is mesmerizing.

Anyway, I will include some video in the future.

Thanks,

Glampman
Old 06-27-2018, 03:03 AM   #38
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Thanks for the glowing update!

We have always eyed the BC as a possible candidate for downsizing, so hopefully Airstream can get this design to fulfill its potential as a great pocket camper.

Enjoy your upcoming trip!

Peter
Old 06-29-2018, 06:51 AM   #39
2 Rivet Member

Franklin , Wisconsin
Fed up with my Basecamp and Ewald Airstream of Wisconsin (I usually have to go back to Ewald two to three times per repair in order for them to fix the stuff they screw up in the process of fixing some other thing...like my refrigerator). Considering options as I can’t believe someone might want to pay me money to take the POS off my hands. Sink it in the local SCUBA lake for wreck diving? Chop the top and turn it into a greenhouse? Chicken coop?
Twitterpated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:25 AM   #40
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Thanks for the update, and your new thread:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f404...mp-183574.html

Bummer!

Old 06-29-2018, 01:53 PM   #41
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawus"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , Milky Way
I'm glad our Classic is 15yrs old....you do realize why there are so many old AS's still on the road, the owners finally got everything fixed and usable. 👍😂👍

Bob
🇺🇸

"The hardest thing about Airstreaming, clearing your head and accepting how others feel it’s supposed to be done"…..
Amanamus

"Tahawus"
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:18 PM   #42
2 Rivet Member

2018 Basecamp
Fairview , TX
Repairs are complete, including a new door window! It took another couple of weeks for repairs but I am much more plleased with our dealer VOGT RV in Forth Worth. If you take your Airstream there ask for Jennifer. She’s a gem! We still are waiting for a part for unrelated repairs but now we are optimistic that VOGT is anxious to have us as satisfied customers. We are excited to begin our net travel adventure in or Basecamp. I agree with Glampman that our Basecamp is the talk of every campground as we are repeatedly asked for a quick tour! We have no second-thoughts regarding our selection of Airstream and are now confident that VOGT RV will competently address issues that my arise.

Airkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote